First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally got the update that my bronco is built and is about to ship. Ordered in February of 2022. Now for the worst part of the whole process ... talking to the dealership about anything related to money. I have access to a Ford "AZ" plan, but have heard those don't apply, and I am still trying to make sense of the price protection.

If anybody has tips please share.
Sponsored

Roadbronc

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Echo, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the AZ plans do not apply because of the backlog situation, but I'm really not certain. The price protection as I understand is that whatever the price was at the time you submitted the order is the price you will pay, regardless of increases during your wait time. That is how it worked for me, anyway. I ordered Oct 21 and delivered Oct 22.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ultimate-2023my-price-protection-flowchart.58270/

Not an expert in the field, but from what I have gathered over the years...

Dealerships are not bound to the A/D/X/Z plans, but it is considered bad form to not honor it and they may actually get push back from the corporate Mothership for not honoring the A/Z plans, those are Ford Corporates people they are fucking with at that point.

For those not familiar. as much as I think I might know, lol .....

A-plan - may still apply, it is for Ford Corporate employees such as the plant workers and their immediate family. Best pricing. It is rare to get a dealer to A plan pricing without actually being eligible. Ford reimburses them for the discount.

X-plan - does not apply at the moment, it's like friends and family, suppliers, etc. Not uncommon that they pull x-plan on hot sellers, once it cools off, they may re-instate it. In a normal market, it is not difficult to meet or beat X-plan pricing.

D - is dealer employees, remember, the dealership is not owned by Ford. No idea of the price levels.

Z- very similar to A-plan pricing, but for A-plan eligible retirees. Like A-plan, I believe it is still in effect.

It is not uncommon that a dealer may still honor X-plan, or at least offer some level of a discount even though Ford will not reimburse them like they do when the plan is in effect.

FWIW, Ford does business with so many people , damn near everybody is eligible for X-plan if you actually take the time to read through the list.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
X-plan - does not apply at the moment, it's like friends and family, suppliers, etc. Not uncommon that they pull x-plan on hot sellers, once it cools off, they may re-instate it. In a normal market, it is not difficult to meet or beat X-plan pricing.
The big savings on X-plan is actually on DOC fees.

It's 0.4% off invoice, minus the $275 program fee. With Ford cutting margin between invoice and MSRP that's a few hundred bucks.

But X-plan also contractually limits dealers to limit their DOC fees to $100. In states that don't limit doc fees, that's several hundred bucks of savings. On my Base Bronco, X-plan would have saved me more in Doc fees than purchase price.
Sponsored