David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Need some advice: I received a PDF of my DORA today from the dealer via eMail, which accurately reflects my order (which was an August 2021 reservation, originally ordered in December 2021 for MY22 (with a DORA at that time), and now converted to a MY23 order). The DORA just lists my first name initial followed by my last name, but otherwise doesn't list my full name and address at the bottom (those sections are blank). However, I confirmed with Ford's 800-number today that the order is linked to me, my original reservation number, my name, eMail, phone number and address in their system.

In any event, it's a Priority Code 19 and a Price Level 315, so all feels relatively standard. The price listed on the DORA matches the online build that I did. The dealer had me send them my drivers license and has communicated with me via eMail (which is how they provided me the DORA). All that said, they haven't had me sign the DORA, haven't had me execute a signed purchase agreement or otherwise formally bound this purchase legally.

So my question is, should I be worried? I don't want to push the dealer and demand a signed purchase agreement if that isn't really standard for most of us waiting on our Bronco. This dealer has assured me that there will be no dealer markup, etc. and has been very upfront with me throughout the process. They said recently they have no idea when (or if) I'll ever receive my Bronco and that they have a huge backlog (they are a small dealer in a very small town).

I would like to know also because I'm in the same situation. I've talked to my dealer about it, but I don't want anything negative to happen to my order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlueBronco

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need some advice...
Most dealers are reluctant to give a purchase agreement without the Bronco delivery eminent. Instead many buyers have the dealers agree to MSRP, no dealer add-ons and any and all price protections/rebates applied, write it up on the order sheet and both parties sign it.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is probably the worst thing you can do. At least confirm that they updated your priority code or your ride is going to come to an abrupt end in November.
So I finally texted my salesperson about the conversion to a 2023 model. A few hours later he sent me my updated DORA with a priority code of “10” (previous priority code was “11“) and updated price. About 30 minutes later I got email from Ford confirming the order update. That is all.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Asked my (new, old one left) salesperson about this (ordered back in January of this year) and he said he had to wait for the order bank for 22's to open up. Seemed fishy so I called Ford. They cannot find my order information. I emailed my dealership back asking to confirm my order and sales code because Ford could not find my order. He wants to talk on the phone instead of just email me the codes.....I feel like I am about to get screwed pretty badly.

This was his exact wording before I called Ford and they could not find my order info

I checked again today and because we need to convert the 22 order to a 23 we are still waiting on Ford to open up the 23 order banks.

Your is one of the highest priority orders we want to get built and may be able to expedite it by placing it as one of our stock orders. We do not have any exact time frame as of right now, but will continue to keep you posted.

Last edited:

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well for sure the Oder banks are open For updating current orders to my’23...I would make sure you have a signed correct DORA (check with Ford it was received and in the system), copy of email from Ford to dealer of completed COVD and something in writing on pricing.

Sponsored

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Asked my (new, old one left) salesperson about this (ordered back in January of this year) and he said he had to wait for the order bank for 22's to open up. Seemed fishy so I called Ford. They cannot find my order information. I emailed my dealership back asking to confirm my order and sales code because Ford could not find my order. He wants to talk on the phone instead of just email me the codes.....I feel like I am about to get screwed pretty badly.

This was his exact wording before I called Ford and they could not find my order info
Update

Talked to the new salesman, and he didn't seem to understand what happened or he is protecting the original salesman for some reason. Claims that the order was saved, but never submitted (whatever that means). I have an order number, sales number, contract I signed and everything. Didn't ever make it to ford. So I am going from having an order in January, to now not being able to order until order banks are opened up for 2023 MY...

Ford/dealerships continue to screw this up more and more. I am beyond pissed off

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update

Talked to the new salesman, and he didn't seem to understand what happened or he is protecting the original salesman for some reason. Claims that the order was saved, but never submitted (whatever that means). I have an order number, sales number, contract I signed and everything. Didn't ever make it to ford. So I am going from having an order in January, to now not being able to order until order banks are opened up for 2023 MY...

Ford/dealerships continue to screw this up more and more. I am beyond pissed off
Yeah, you got screwed. Any existing 22MY order can be updated to 23MY order right now. No need to wait for the order banks to open for new 23MY orders….
Sponsored