First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all, new to the forum. Iā€™m looking to place an order tomorrow for an eruption green, 2DR, Big Bend, 2.3L, 7 spd manual, with the two tone (black/sandstone) interior, and the LED headlight/tail light package. Been following this site for a few weeks, and was just curious what options to stay away from, to avoid extra delays in delivery or code 99.
Iā€™d appreciate any input you might have, as most of you look like youve been playing this game a while. Thanks in advance and I look forward to learning all I can from your prior experiences
To my knowledge if you don't have a current order or reservation you are not able to walk in and order right now.
Sponsored

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Full Size 5.0 XLT, 2022 Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To my knowledge if you don't have a current order or reservation you are not able to walk in and order right now.
Thanks GI_Jo
Interesting. My local dealer told me the order bank opens for them on Oct 6, and theyā€™re taking deposits and pre-orders. Can anyone else confirm so Iā€™m not losing $1000? I know Iā€™m late to the game, but I wasnā€™t in the market to purchase until next March or April at the earliest, so I thought Iā€™d get a jump on it now.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks GI_Jo
Interesting. My local dealer told me the order bank opens for them on Oct 6, and theyā€™re taking deposits and pre-orders. Can anyone else confirm so Iā€™m not losing $1000? I know Iā€™m late to the game, but I wasnā€™t in the market to purchase until next March or April at the earliest, so I thought Iā€™d get a jump on it now.
You definitely canā€™t place a new order right now.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks GI_Jo
What has been said is that they will evaluate by the end of Q4 or something like that when they know how many orders were carried over. So possibly December/January. But really who knows. And just know that deposits aren't mandatory, it's different dealer to dealer.

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not what I wanted to hear, but made me do some deeper digging. A lot of dealers are advertising the ā€œpre-ordersā€ but Ford Authority just published an article last week saying exactly what yā€™all are saying here. Damn. Looks like Iā€™ll have to find another dealer and then just search available inventory on the lots come spring time. Thereā€™s several 2 doors here on the lot, but fully loaded. Iā€™m not looking to spend $60K and really wanted the manual.
I canā€™t tell you how much I appreciate everyone responding and saving me the grief and anger. Looks like Iā€™m in for a long wait. šŸ˜•

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There have been posts all over, it's series, trim, equipment package, doors, and 4x4 equipment. Engine is not among the list of changes that impact price protection.
Sorry, I has the dumb. Would dropping tow-package impact the Price Protection? I'm not sure if that falls in any of those categories.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry, I has the dumb. Would dropping tow-package impact the Price Protection? I'm not sure if that falls in any of those categories.
There are tons of opinions on this all over social media/forums. I would think not.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I canā€™t tell you how much I appreciate everyone responding and saving me the grief and anger. Looks like Iā€™m in for a long wait. šŸ˜•
Welcome to the party. I'm a 12/2021 order and feel like a baby around here. Maybe the market will soften just a bit on the used Broncos. If the interweb prognosticators are correct about the coming recession, especially in the auto loan bubble, then you may see more Broncos on used lots. So if you are not picky, you may find something slightly used without ordering.

There are "my dealer said" rumors that anywhere from 80-100K orders rolled over from 2022. Depending on constraints, Ford may not open up customer orders well into next year. They'll run up more of the lower trim stock builds onto dealer lots if parts constraints remain a big problem.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There are tons of opinions on this all over social media/forums. I would think not.
I would too buttttt I would hate to lose my PP over dropping towing ... And that's a big ol' butt.

Who qualifies for the Bronco Price Protection Program?

There are different levels of price protection based on when your reservation or order was placed. If you placed an order or reservation prior to March 11, 2022, you qualify for price protection. If you changed your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 11, 2022, your price protection amount may vary. See below for more detail.

What qualifies as a series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system change?

An example of a series change would be going from Badlandsā„¢ to Big Bendā„¢. An equipment package refers to a base, mid, high, or lux package. A door change would mean going from a four-door to two-door and vice versa. A 4x4 system change means changing the standard 4x4 system to or from the advanced 4x4 system.

Although package seems to refer to the lux/mid/high etc., I wonder if they would count Tow Package as an additional package add on that impacts Price Protection.

Last edited:

FarlsBarkley

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was finally able to convert and change my order yesterday. Half going in half over the phone. Pretty quick and painless. My salesman said the conversion opened Tuesday which from what I saw another person wrote it maybe be regional for when dealers are getting told? No clue. Just glad itā€™s done before scheduling starts next week. The wait continues

Sponsored

Tidewater

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor SCREW & 1981 CJ8
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 11/18/2021 2022 Black Diamond order was converted to Model Year 2023 by my dealer yesterday. The dealer initially previewed the order with a 99 priority and had me affirm the build details and that I still wanted it. Once I verified the build the dealer moved it to priority 10 and I received a confirmation from Ford. I didn't sign a new buyers order with the 2023 MSRP as the details on price protection haven't been finalized yet.
Ford Bronco šŸ” RE- ORDER BANKS for 2023MY BRONCO are OPEN! Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 11.01.15 AM

skipole70

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Welcome to the party. I'm a 12/2021 order and feel like a baby around here. Maybe the market will soften just a bit on the used Broncos. If the interweb prognosticators are correct about the coming recession, especially in the auto loan bubble, then you may see more Broncos on used lots. So if you are not picky, you may find something slightly used without ordering.

There are "my dealer said" rumors that anywhere from 80-100K orders rolled over from 2022. Depending on constraints, Ford may not open up customer orders well into next year. They'll run up more of the lower trim stock builds onto dealer lots if parts constraints remain a big problem.
Yah, Iā€™ve noticed the dealers with anything on the lot are asking big amounts over MSRP. Theyā€™re also not offering X plan or A plan on any units on the lot. A plan only on orders. Think Iā€™ll just wait til December or January once the markets crash and see what I can find new within a 100 mile radius. A local lot here has 5, but theyā€™re adding 7500 on top of MSRP. I refuse to pay that. Iā€™ll wait. Just bummed to find all this out when I was actually ready to order šŸ˜‚. I couldnā€™t imagine being on last years list.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my email and all. However, my priority code is 14, should I be concerned..?

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Although package seems to refer to the lux/mid/high etc., I wonder if they would count Tow Package as an additional package add on that impacts Price Protection.

It does not. Package is the Mid/High/Lux.

Tow is an option, and does not affect anything if you drop it.

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my email and all. However, my priority code is 14, should I be concerned..?
Mine is 14 also, but I converted a reservation on the 27th not the 28th, trying to figure out how my dealer did that. He also cant figure out why I want a Dora.
Sponsored