First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been waiting for my Bronco for so long(almost 2 years), that I am probably going to buy with cash. I have never done this before, but not wanting to even have these conversations with my dealer yet until I have an out the door price. He seems extremely cool and had great deal for buying Bronco at invoice pricing when I ordered 2 years ago and just hoping nothing has changed.

Can anyone who bought their Bronco with cash give some recommendations? Right now the plan is to drive over there with other car, figure out price, drive to bank and get a cashier's check from money in checking account, drive home, and then get a ride or uber over there to pick up Bronco. If there is another method where you can typically wire money to them directly from your checking account, etc. let me know. Have never bought a car with cash and just clueless.

Part of the reason I am posting all this is just in case is shows up right before Memorial Day weekend as it just went into in transit.

Thanks,

Dan
Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer should be able to give you an out the door price as soon as the Bronco ships. Take your trade-in over now and get the price. Many dealers will take a personal check. They may call the bank to confirm. You will not get the title that day anyway, which gives the dealer the way to get the car back if your check is no good. Again, all this can be worked out in advance. Obviously you will get a paid invoice from the dealer to prove you bought and paid for the Bronco, before you drive it off the lot. You will also need to prove insurance, and they usually take a copy of your drivers license. It is the best way to buy a vehicle.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Once they have a date your Bronco will arrive get an out the door number, agreed price, reasonable dealer handling and tax no add ons. Go to your bank a day ahead of time get check in that amount. Show up, sit courteously through extended warranty and finance pitch, hand them the check and leave

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve got a related question. My in-laws want to contribute some to my purchase but they want to pay it directly to the dealer. Any idea if this is possible or would they then have to be on the title as an owner?

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks guys - I am not sure if dealers normally wait to notify their buyers until the Bronco is on their lot, but maybe I will just cruise over there ahead of time and see if we can work it out. If I do not get over there, it sounds like there is a chance they might take a personal check, which makes sense as they are handling the title, etc. Thanks for the info as I had no idea

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had no trade the dealership just told me how much it was in writing with tax, lic, doc fees. I had a bank draft for that amount, however they still tried to sell me a extended warranty which I declined.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks guys - I am not sure if dealers normally wait to notify their buyers until the Bronco is on their lot, but maybe I will just cruise over there ahead of time and see if we can work it out. If I do not get over there, it sounds like there is a chance they might take a personal check, which makes sense as they are handling the title, etc. Thanks for the info as I had no idea
I'd get a number by email first.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got a related question. My in-laws want to contribute some to my purchase but they want to pay it directly to the dealer. Any idea if this is possible or would they then have to be on the title as an owner?
Yah they can give that money towards the total price. I helped pay for moms car and contributed a couple thousand. The dealer charged my card and then took that off the agreed upon price which lowered her amount financed.

Sponsored

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yah they can give that money towards the total price. I helped pay for moms car and contributed a couple thousand. The dealer charged my card and then took that off the agreed upon price which lowered her amount financed.
Thanks! That’s very helpful. I have no clue what my in-laws are hoping to contribute but I’m extremely grateful. I guess the next thing I’ll need to learn is if there’s a limit.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not use a credit card and get some points?!
With a purchase of this size, I doubt any dealer would take a credit card without charging you a fairly sizeable fee to pay for their processing fee. Probably around 3%. They may eat the fee on a deposit, but not gonna do it on a $50k transaction.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just texted the saleslady and she sent me a pic of the price. I stopped by the bank on the way to pick it up and had a check cut for that amount.

The finance lady was pretty cool and went through all the extra add-on stuff pretty quickly when I said I had a check for the exact amount of the vehicle.

Just stick to your guns and don't add anything, just politely decline EVERYTHING.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just drove a Bronco off the lot, paid witha personal check. Bought my wife's car (somewhat more expensive than the Bronco) last year also paid with a personal check. As long as you have a great credit score they will take a check.

If you have the pricing agreement in writing you should not let the dealer screw you over. If they try to play games call Ford Customer Service.

Sellout

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Beware discussing paying cash with your dealer ahead of time. There's far too many instances out there about dealers requiring financing to sell you the car since thats where they make their money nowadays. Not to say your dealer will pull this, or that it's legal where you are, but some have lost cars over this. Worst case scenario: finance the car and pay it off ASAP.

Here's a video about this from a former dealer that might help.

Sponsored