Sponsored

Difference between the 2 Drive 4x4 systems....

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ok, so there are 2 different types of 4x4 systems on the Bronco..

4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement

Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement

i am just wondering:

What is the Real World Difference:

Which one do i need:

I am just driving from Philly to some muddin in NJ and on the Jersey beach... is the Advanced worth $795... i am getting the 10 yr 100k warranty,, so i am keeping it forever... my build is completely set now this is the last question I have...
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The advanced transfer case can be thought of as a "more robust AWD". (Real AWD people are going to get cranky by true definition). Instead of you needing to switch from 2HI to 4HI you would just engage 4A and the truck would change between 2 and 4 as needed. Mostly helpful for the transient pavement (slippery/not slippery).

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ok, so there are 2 different types of 4x4 systems on the Bronco..

4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement

Advanced 4x4 with Automatic On-Demand Engagement

i am just wondering:

What is the Real World Difference:

Which one do i need:

I am just driving from Philly to some muddin in NJ and on the Jersey beach... is the Advanced worth $795... i am getting the 10 yr 100k warranty,, so i am keeping it forever... my build is completely set now this is the last question I have...
Biggest questions: Will it be a DD and how much snow/slush/ice do you deal with? Will you do any rock crawling?

The Advanced has a lower low-range and would seem to work better in sloppy conditions.

OP
OP
USMC_n_philly

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Biggest questions: Will it be a DD and how much snow/slush/ice do you deal with? Will you do any rock crawling?

The Advanced has a lower low-range and would seem to work better in sloppy conditions.
thanks.. it is philly.. so when it snows.. IT SNOWS.. like 20 inches in a weekend and gotta get to work.. plus muddin w the nephew in his Jeep Unlimited.. so Advanced it is..

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah 4A gives you the ability to have 4x4 on standby on questionable PAVED conditions. Meaning, maybe the road has wet patches, or snow patches, etc.

You're never supposed to run 4H on a paved road unless You can guarantee tire slippage is available (aka there's snow in ice everywhere with no dry spots)

Once you go off road, the lack of 4A is not as big as an issue.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So since, Halloween-like, this thread has risen from the grave I'm curious if the OP can provide their feedback now that this thread is approaching its 2nd birthday (assuming he GOT his Bronco in that intervening time, I know I didn't LOL). So, OP, how do you feel about it now?
Sponsored