Sponsored

Different ways to store doors in garage?

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if you'll eventually be able to buy the bronco-body side door mounts and just hang those badboys on the wall, and attach the doors just like they hang on the truck?

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was gonna go get some bronco window frame holders but I ran out of turn signal fluid
I heard there’s a sale now at BedBathandBeyond on that blinky fluid.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
City life can be both a blessing and a curse. For my doors, it's a friggin curse! Hahahahaha! I once had a studio apartment in my early 20's I kept two sets of tires and wheels in. At least my Nokians smelled like vanilla.

IMG_9076.jpg

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
City life can be both a blessing and a curse. For my doors, it's a friggin curse! Hahahahaha! I once had a studio apartment in my early 20's I kept two sets of tires and wheels in. At least my Nokians smelled like vanilla.

Ford Bronco Different ways to store doors in garage? IMG_9076
Nice, I was about to comment that we are empty nesters so my doors will probably have their own bedroom.

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just use these wall brackets to hold the doors inside the door bags. Slide the bags onto the doors, use the strap to lift off, and hang them right on the brackets by the strap. The bag protects them from getting dinged or even dirty, and they are ready to go to lift back onto the hinge pins and then slide the bag off once the doors are on.
I have the onboard storage bags. I need to check to see if the handles are strong enough to support the doors like that.

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I should have known. Felt dumb once it was pointed out. I'm months away from my Bronc still and am just sitting around game planning. Put the cart before the horse there...
my friend, I’m in the exact same boat… waiting on the rig and was wondering if someone had a creative idea to store the doors safely… good thread!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have no idea where I'll store the doors at home, have way to much crap in the garage, hell it's gonna be a struggle parking it daily lol. I'll probably make some type of rack at work and leave them at the office and only take them off when the weather is perfect for a few days

richs184

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SF
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the onboard bags have padded foam bottoms like the garage door bags? Not making sense on a 2 door to pay $350 through B&P for the door bags that come with the roof panel bags, if they are not better than the $239 garage ones from the accessories list. 2 doors cannot be stored onboard so something's not adding up.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why not just use these wall brackets to hold the doors inside the door bags. Slide the bags onto the doors, use the strap to lift off, and hang them right on the brackets by the strap. The bag protects them from getting dinged or even dirty, and they are ready to go to lift back onto the hinge pins and then slide the bag off once the doors are on.
This is exactly my plan. The doors are pretty heavy, but I'm plan on putting hooks for the handles and then mount some sort of padded shelf to support the bottom of the door to share the weight. Currently with my Wrangler doors, that have window frames :sneaky: , this is how I do it but use the garage floor with a pad as the "shelf" But that was just temporary since I knew a Bronco would be in my garage eventually instead

Sponsored

CaliBroncos

Wildtrak
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now that y'all are finished being mean. I think that I can put bolts in my existing Wrangler door holders and hang my Bronco doors. Longer bolts on top because of the dimensions.
Would love to see photos if you do it! Still trying to figure out a solution for storage of the doors...

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would love to see photos if you do it! Still trying to figure out a solution for storage of the doors...
I just got my Bronco last week. I have not yet taken precise measurements much less taken my doors off. These doors appear to me to be heavier, I am a bit concerned with my original idea of using my Jeep hangers with bolts.

CaliBroncos

Wildtrak
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got my Bronco last week. I have not yet taken precise measurements much less taken my doors off. These doors appear to me to be heavier, I am a bit concerned with my original idea of using my Jeep hangers with bolts.
I think the Bronco bolts are shorter too- and the doors are a bit wider- I'm super interested actually to see how they compare. Ill stay tuned :)
Sponsored