First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was super excited to get my Bronco this weekend. The second day I had it I dropped something getting out of the car and I was grabbing it and immediately saw I had some scratches and three places were rusted on the skid plate under the drivers seat. These are not big things, but clearly somebody hit something while parking my Bronco for 3 months waiting on a roof. Also, I have a bunch of water spots on the hood that wonā€™t wash off. Not a huge deal, but donā€™t feel like I should be buffing anything out of a brand new cars hood, and if anyone is going to bottom this thing out off-road Iā€™d like it to be me.
Ford Bronco Dirt Mountain Issues 313D91BF-DAD6-4AD1-9735-F2FF3BC107AF
Ford Bronco Dirt Mountain Issues FFF78127-5F0A-4E19-8B19-19452D548828
Ford Bronco Dirt Mountain Issues 4FC9D547-1A56-4BBE-80E5-9D2ABF1629CA
Ford Bronco Dirt Mountain Issues 69E7D175-8DB6-405A-A3C6-AE706B19CA9D

My roof also has some patch job that is clearly going to flake off. I like my Bronco with imperfections in my driveway better than sitting in Michigan at the plant. So still a very happy FE owner.
Ford Bronco Dirt Mountain Issues F0994DEE-5A4F-43F1-B998-B3A87B37E274
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok two thingsā€¦ā€¦ skid plates and other items under the bronco do and will rustā€¦ā€¦ two the patch job hurts my heart.

BroncoChris

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Was super excited to get my Bronco this weekend. The second day I had it I dropped something getting out of the car and I was grabbing it and immediately saw I had some scratches and three places were rusted on the skid plate under the drivers seat. These are not big things, but clearly somebody hit something while parking my Bronco for 3 months waiting on a roof. Also, I have a bunch of water spots on the hood that wonā€™t wash off. Not a huge deal, but donā€™t feel like I should be buffing anything out of a brand new cars hood, and if anyone is going to bottom this thing out off-road Iā€™d like it to be me.

My roof also has some patch job that is clearly going to flake off. I like my Bronco with imperfections in my driveway better than sitting in Michigan at the plant. So still a very happy FE owner.
Ford Bronco Dirt Mountain Issues F0994DEE-5A4F-43F1-B998-B3A87B37E274
I was cleaning my car yesterday and found 2 of these roof patches. Overall I love the car but there are several minor quality issues.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like Ford has been taking suggestions from the B6G idea board and used some JB weld on your top.

OP
OP

RyanDigsData

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It looks like Ford has been taking suggestions from the B6G idea board and used some JB weld on your top.
Haha, yeah. Iā€™d rather have it with some flaws than not have it. But I am fairly confident there is a MIC 3.0 eventually coming. This still has a lot of edges that look just like the pictures from the early deliveries before they paused to replace the roofs.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RyanDigsData

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok two thingsā€¦ā€¦ skid plates and other items under the bronco do and will rustā€¦ā€¦ two the patch job hurts my heart.
Yeah agree with number 1, some items will rust a bit, but this skid plate should not have hit anything prior to getting to me.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly to me the skid plate doesn't look it hit anything. They look like scuffs to me. Like it was on the bottom of a pile that was poorly moved around on a cement floor multiple times or something. There's too many tiny scuffs in all directions to be from driving the skid plate into something. Not saying that it's any better. But that's what it looks like to me.

As for MIC 3.0

I hope so. My 2.0 is not so good. As OP pointed out. I also have open edges that look just like 1.0. Not to mention the snakeskin.

Also if those are really patches, what a joke of a fix. But check they are not just extra silicone that got smeared there. My top had 2 blobs of black silicone squishing out and a small smear that came off with rubbing.
Sponsored