First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, I'm getting ready for a trip to the dunes this weekend and had to install a whip. I explored a few installation options but ultimately settled on one that was both cost-effective and hassle-free. Below, I've provided a video, images, and links to the items I used to put it all together.

LED WHIP
Most LED whip installations I came across involved connecting it to the rear blinkers, tapping into the accessory wiring at the back, or running it from the gate all the way up to the front with an auxiliary switch. These methods seemed time-consuming, but I found a quicker alternative. I simply attached the red and black wires from the whip to the corresponding wires on the 12V cigarette lighter. It took me less than 10 minutes! Since I only go to the desert a couple of times a year (hopefully more in the future), and my trips usually last for two days, this setup allows for easy plug-and-play convenience.

Bracket
I found video on YouTube where a couple used a 1-inch flag bracket, which they found on Amazon (link below). They attached it to the back right side of their vehicle using one of the body bolts and a 10mm socket. I placed the bracket washer underneath and the body bolt and washer above and tightened everything securely. As a side note, I attached the whip spring before securing it to the vehicle. To prevent any potential scratching, I wrapped the bracket in electrical tape. I must say, it's rock-solid, with no noticeable movement.

Last Thoughts
I will likely zip tie, possibly velcro the led light box and extra wiring prior to off-roading.

Ford Bronco DIY 4' LED Whip/Flag powered by 12v accessory outlet // Custom Bracket IMG_3617.JPG

Ford Bronco DIY 4' LED Whip/Flag powered by 12v accessory outlet // Custom Bracket IMG_3625.JPG
Ford Bronco DIY 4' LED Whip/Flag powered by 12v accessory outlet // Custom Bracket IMG_3626.JPG

4ft LED Whip
https://amzn.to/3tQ4XTw

Bracket
https://amzn.to/406P7jI

12v Cigaretter Lighter Adapter
https://amzn.to/3QbrbqC

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Thanks!
4LB
Sponsored

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK.... I like it... but (and this has nothing to do with teenage Gabby) if I saw that at night, I'd just assume someone had a lot of bottle rockets and maybe a keg...

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Might be an idea to watch some videos on "How to Wire"...... Duct tape is what not to use.
Ford Bronco DIY 4' LED Whip/Flag powered by 12v accessory outlet // Custom Bracket 1698188228221

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

LET YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good idea, but there is already an accessory switch wire right next to that 12v outlet. It would just take a few minutes to wire up, and you could make use of the cool accessory switches.

bronco-aux-switches-upfitter-wiring-diagram-jpeg.jpg

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good idea, but there is already an accessory switch wire right next to that 12v outlet. It would just take a few minutes to wire up, and you could make use of the cool accessory switches.

Ford Bronco DIY 4' LED Whip/Flag powered by 12v accessory outlet // Custom Bracket bronco-aux-switches-upfitter-wiring-diagram-jpe
just so you don't curse alot looking for a wire a few inches from that 12V socket thats not there: the purple wire in the diagram above is actually much further forward, its kind of at seat waist height behind the trim, but from there you can run wire back to where you need it easily enough. i also found that crimping the wires up under the glovebox takes some crazy gymnastics

this video shows how to access that purple wire pretty well:

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
just so you don't curse alot looking for a wire a few inches from that 12V socket thats not there: the purple wire in the diagram above is actually much further forward, its kind of at seat waist height behind the trim, but from there you can run wire back to where you need it easily enough. i also found that crimping the wires up under the glovebox takes some crazy gymnastics

this video shows how to access that purple wire pretty well:
Thanks for the info, I was just going by the diagram.