Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler & 2020 Gladiator Rubicons
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just installed two Amazon LED dome light bars in the cargo hatch area of our new Ford Bronco. I was able to tap into the 12V power source in the rear of the Bronco to hardwire in a switch that turns on and off both lights. Take note, we found that the 12V power source in the rear of the Bronco will stay powered after vehicle shut off for 1 hour, and the factory rear light will stay on for 10 minutes. If you need your light to stay on for additional time, you can power on your Bronco and then power it back off and this will restart the 1 hour cycle.

Here is my full installation video with detailed wiring instructions:

Ford Bronco Rear Cargo Hatch/Liftgate LED Lighting Install - 12V Rear Cargo Power Info IMG_5574.JPG
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to do the same or similar. The factory interior lights are little help in a black interior. Especially in the boot. If I'm camping or fixing a part from the rig, I'd like working light level type lumens. I'll be using defusion gels too to spread the light and make it bright but super soft. That really takes the harshness out of LED's too. Im looking into daylight or around 4500K not hot white.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler & 2020 Gladiator Rubicons
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to do the same or similar. The factory interior lights are little help in a black interior. Especially in the boot. If I'm camping or fixing a part from the rig, I'd like working light level type lumens. I'll be using defusion gels too to spread the light and make it bright but super soft.
Yeah the factory lights are useless! Definitely need some additional lighting back there for any type of use, whether its getting groceries or out overloading/camping!

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll grab diffusion gels from work, I recommend Lee Gels. No heat worries no matter how crazy you go. I may make LED strips with variable color temperature. ( Not color.) So I have no link there.

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the video and links. Why did you choose to not tap into the power running to the trunk light so that it turns on whenever the trunk is opened?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ended up putting two of these on my roll bar with Velcro so they could be removed. They are flat and hidden away and don't stick out. They have three settings, ON, AUTO, and OFF. In AUTO, they are photo sensitive, so they only come on automatically with movement when it is dark. They do not come on, or activate, with movement outside rear or side glass, so a creeper won't set off light. It's a high mAh battery that is rechargeable, although it operates hard wired with USB mini if you want. It's a diffused LED of a very comfortable color temperature. And super cheap on Amazon. Tons of light. Maybe I'll make a vid or snap some pics. I like it so much, I put one of the 7 1/2 " ones on the drivers side removable MIC panel. It's so thin it still fits in storage bag, or is safe when I just wrap them in furrny pads and throw them in the back. Hook Velcro sticks right to the sound deadening material. I use it as an as needed light, so I keep it in OFF and switch it ON if I need a ton of light overhead in the front compartment. Enjoy.

Under Cabinet Lighting, Ultra Thin 54 LEDs Wireless Motion Sensor Closet Light, Rechargeable USB Powered 2500mAh, Softer Bright Magnetic Motion Light Bars for Kitchen Bedroom Wardrobe(2Packs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089QNNL8...abc_AVD4X24SYDXCAN1GYNS3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just installed two Amazon LED dome light bars in the cargo hatch area of our new Ford Bronco. I was able to tap into the 12V power source in the rear of the Bronco to hardwire in a switch that turns on and off both lights. Take note, we found that the 12V power source in the rear of the Bronco will stay powered after vehicle shut off for 1 hour, and the factory rear light will stay on for 10 minutes. If you need your light to stay on for additional time, you can power on your Bronco and then power it back off and this will restart the 1 hour cycle.

Here is my full installation video with detailed wiring instructions:

Ford Bronco Rear Cargo Hatch/Liftgate LED Lighting Install - 12V Rear Cargo Power Info IMG_5574.JPG
I have all the stuff to build mine from scratch. Just need my Bronco to put it on. I originally saw this on trail recon and knew then I wanted it so I've had the stuff for nearly a year.

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 big bend bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for posting -- definitely need to do something like this for mine, it's like staring into the abyss at night in the Bronco.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the video and links. Why did you choose to not tap into the power running to the trunk light so that it turns on whenever the trunk is opened?
Because the factory light is run off PWM and will be extremely dim. Same problem everyone's having with adding additional dome lights in the cab.
Sponsored