First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Grabbed a 39” off Amazon. Hooked to power, I have remotes to turn it on and off, or it auto offs when the accessories shut off if left on.

Remotes for a 100 yard range. Hitting lock or unlock will send power to it. Have a remote by the tailgate, drivers visor, and on my key chain.

With it being on the bar itself, it’s never in the way, and it never has to come out.

7131BE36-C9AD-4FC9-A87F-CD2EC604F250.jpeg
That's pretty sweet.
Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Quake LED cargo area 39” lightbar!

Is it overpriced: yes
Is it well thought out: yes
Did it ship with cheap splicers I replaced with positaps: yes!

Am I happy!?: you bet your ass I am. My cargo area and everything behind my vehicle when using the tailgate table is extremely well lit.
Do you know if it could be mounted to a hard top? The photos show only a soft top.

Last edited:

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

msg

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, they have instructions for both tops.
I am thinking to buy it now that it is on sale. Has anyone mounted the quake light to be turned on/off with the aux switches? I have yet to use one of the aux switches and this seems such a natural use for one....

Edit: Also, the install video I found puts them "in the middle", i.e. at the bottom of the window. Is that the best place? I would imagine that near the top make more sense?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking to buy it now that it is on sale. Has anyone mounted the quake light to be turned on/off with the aux switches? I have yet to use one of the aux switches and this seems such a natural use for one....

Edit: Also, the install video I found puts them "in the middle", i.e. at the bottom of the window. Is that the best place? I would imagine that near the top make more sense?
I wouldn't use an aux switch for this light. Doesn't make sense to have to get into your cab everytime you want to turn on the cargo light. Just hardwire to the existing 12 volt option in the cargo area.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think someone mentioned it would be a lot of work and a lot of panel removal to hook it up to the aux switches. I am sure it is doable.

Looks like you have the hard top. I did think about that when I looked at the hard top install. Installing at the bottom would give you light on the ground when the window is up, but less light in the cargo area, unless I am missing something.

You have the LUX package so whatever you do, DO NOT try install their on/off switch in the location they say too. The subwoofer is behind there an it won't fit. I found out after drilling the hole.

I do like it and it provides ton's of light

Sponsored

msg

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think someone mentioned it would be a lot of work and a lot of panel removal to hook it up to the aux switches. I am sure it is doable.

Looks like you have the hard top. I did think about that when I looked at the hard top install. Installing at the bottom would give you light on the ground when the window is up, but less light in the cargo area, unless I am missing something.

You have the LUX package so whatever you do, DO NOT try install their on/off switch in the location they say too. The subwoofer is behind there an it won't fit. I found out after drilling the hole.

I do like it and it provides ton's of light
You are right on, I do have the hard top and lux. I do have other lights for the "outside" so this light is mostly for looking for stuff inside and also I have the deepsleep mattresses so we camp inside the car.

Thank you for the warning about the subwoofer! Are there alternative instructions to put the light on the top / install the button with the lux package?

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are right on, I do have the hard top and lux. I do have other lights for the "outside" so this light is mostly for looking for stuff inside and also I have the deepsleep mattresses so we camp inside the car.

Thank you for the warning about the subwoofer! Are there alternative instructions to put the light on the top / install the button with the lux package?
This is where I put my on/off switch.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...te-lighting-qte1306.42507/page-3#post-1679951

RDTC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Jeep Wangler Rubicon, Bronco Outer Bank
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Installed 2 lights attached to the roll bar. 12 Watt lights, $30 on Amazon. $14 Wire harness with relay, Amazon.

Ran the wires behind the plastic roll bar covers and pillar cover.

Puts out great light. Lights up the area behind the Bronco nicely.
Ford Bronco What are you using for rear cargo inside lighting solutions tempImageetMMdy
Ford Bronco What are you using for rear cargo inside lighting solutions tempImageE09ao3
Ford Bronco What are you using for rear cargo inside lighting solutions tempImagedl5OSl

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed 2 lights attached to the roll bar. 12 Watt lights, $30 on Amazon. $14 Wire harness with relay, Amazon.

Ran the wires behind the plastic roll bar covers and pillar cover.

Puts out great light. Lights up the area behind the Bronco nicely.
Ford Bronco What are you using for rear cargo inside lighting solutions tempImagedl5OSl
Can you share the link?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Easy install. Tapped off the center dome light. Just pop it out and the wires are right there. Put the remote hook up in there too. It won’t work like that light does, but can supply power for it. It fits in that spot on the bar damn near perfect.

Light bar $59.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076KR77Y9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Remote kit. $25.99 These things are the best. Can run about anything 12v with it up to 30 amps
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09MD63LY6?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
No center dome light on a softtop. In fact no frigging front seat light when doors open other than the low light ambient that are only there so you can find the switches for the also poor lights under the mirror.

I need some door operated switches and drill holes I guess since the factory door switch system cannot be tapped for aux lighting
Sponsored