Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I were to use one of the spare tire light rings (the ones that act as another brake light), does anyone thrill that would work as a decent chase light? I would get an RGB one so I could set the color as yellow or amber, and then only wire it to an aux switch. Thoughts on this approach? I’m looking for something stealthy. Thank you.
I doubt it would be bright enough. You want to cut through dust during the day, and I don’t know if those type lights are bright enough. I used spots as I want as much light as possible directed toward a following vehicle.
Sponsored

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used a 4" flood mounted to the upper break light and wired to AUX switch 6. needed something for backing up drive way at night (driveway is a 40 degree up angle then sharp left)

rearL.jpeg
image0.jpeg
How did you mount it to the 3rd brake light?

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run 6 ss1’s for chase in the rear bumper, added 2 more since these pics. Diode makes that plug in kit for the receiver and dual mount off the spare tire post also. Have to drill the bumper to install them like I did.

431AE15C-BC3D-494E-B529-3FC70A39CC90.jpeg

D60250F2-4C5C-4865-A09E-B20C47A4DD59.jpeg

A7601121-E1E7-4782-94E7-8965633447BB.jpeg
That is a nice clean look, way to go. I am curious though, how hard was it to cut the rear bumper to accommodate the lights? Is the bumper fairly thick?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a nice clean look, way to go. I am curious though, how hard was it to cut the rear bumper to accommodate the lights? Is the bumper fairly thick?
It was thicker but was softish. Defiantly not like drilling the cage. I did a hole saw then some trimming on the edges.

Here is the original thread for the instal

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diode-dynamics-ss1-flush-mounted-in-steel-rear-bumper.45510/

I also added the diode spare tire mount with a pair of ss3’s. Bumper mod is way cleaner looking imo. But they make for better chase lights being higher up I’d imagine. I can say I have no blind spots behind the truck now.

848A00C7-1F4E-4586-8FCE-510970C8AC27.jpeg

B7C162DE-6657-4E7E-A0EA-01D5B406F9F4.jpeg

9210E980-7E1B-4C92-ABF2-4F5E419546E8.jpeg

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was thicker but was softish. Defiantly not like drilling the cage. I did a hole saw then some trimming on the edges.

Here is the original thread for the instal

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/diode-dynamics-ss1-flush-mounted-in-steel-rear-bumper.45510/

I also added the diode spare tire mount with a pair of ss3’s. Bumper mod is way cleaner looking imo. But they make for better chase lights being higher up I’d imagine. I can say I have no blind spots behind the truck now.

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? 9210E980-7E1B-4C92-ABF2-4F5E419546E8

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? 9210E980-7E1B-4C92-ABF2-4F5E419546E8

Thank you for the update, good to know the the metal is a bit soft, it will make the cut easier. The link was very handy too. Well done on the overall look of your rig!

Sponsored

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is my current chase Light setup. Baja Designs Squadron Sport with wide cornering lenses wired to Aux 6.

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? 20230102_150757

Might move the brackets to the bottom roof Rack bar and hang the light upside-down soon for more garage clearance.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've been doing this in the F150 Raptor community for years... but

1) Get our reverse kit. It turns on automatically while in reverse AND from an upfitter: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

2) Add on some S2 Amber Covers: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-s2-rock-guard-amber/

DONE.

You have reguar reverse lights but when you hit the trails, throw on the amber covers. Instant chase lights (which are usually amber/yellow).

The nice part about our harness system is that when you turn the reverse lights on from your upfitter switch, your factory reverse lights DO NOT come on. So they operate as REAL chase lights and you don't confuse others on the trail when your factory reverse lights come on.

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We're rolling out this billet mount setup now for triple @Baja Designs S2s. It will be available exclusivley through our website and Apollo Optics. Roof rack mount, auxiliary mount to the OEM 3rd brake light and spare tire mount brackets are also in development. Working directly with Baja Designs, we're taking light mounting solutions to a whole new level of awesome!
Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? Rear Beacon - 2(1)
Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? Rear Beacon - 1

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've been doing this in the F150 Raptor community for years... but

1) Get our reverse kit. It turns on automatically while in reverse AND from an upfitter: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

2) Add on some S2 Amber Covers: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-s2-rock-guard-amber/

DONE.

You have reguar reverse lights but when you hit the trails, throw on the amber covers. Instant chase lights (which are usually amber/yellow).

The nice part about our harness system is that when you turn the reverse lights on from your upfitter switch, your factory reverse lights DO NOT come on. So they operate as REAL chase lights and you don't confuse others on the trail when your factory reverse lights come on.
I took this advice and ordered this exact setup from 4x4truckLEDs the other day. Can’t wait until it arrives!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're rolling out this billet mount setup now for triple @Baja Designs S2s. It will be available exclusivley through our website and Apollo Optics. Roof rack mount, auxiliary mount to the OEM 3rd brake light and spare tire mount brackets are also in development. Working directly with Baja Designs, we're taking light mounting solutions to a whole new level of awesome!
This is a great solution as well! Would love to see the mounting options mentioned, but understand you’re not quite there yet.

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It works well, the mounts are plenty stout but if I were to do it again I would buy a bigger bad to span all the way to the other glass mount. (I had the 400 already from another build)

here’s a pick of the mounts during fab. They have 3mVHB tape under the mounts and are bolted to the glass hinge and washer spigot.

no major splash back, would be better if i made the mounts closer to the window, I have about an inch gap from the glass.

visibility is minimally impacted IMO

8DD3C81F-383F-4FFE-8B02-198B9A6FF978.jpeg

Fast Intentions Inc.

Badlands
First Name
Fast Intentions
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastintentions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fast Intentions has released our Universal Chase Light Mount aka " The Uni ".

These affix to the spare tire lugs and can be used with most offroad lights allowing for ultimate adjustability and a sleek / low profile look without blocking your entire spare wheel. Will fit with OEM wheels as well as most aftermarket wheels.

BRONCO CHASE LIGHT MOUNT | Fast Intentions
  • CNC Laser Cut from 10ga Steel.
  • CNC formed specifically for 6G Bronco.
  • Durable 2 stage textured black powder coated finish.
  • Optional threaded lugs with hardware for easy installation.
  • Optional locking hardware with safety Torx tool to protect from theft.
Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? chase_mount_3

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? chase_mount_4

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? chase_mount_6

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? chase_mount_5

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? chase_mount_2

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? chase_mount_1

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? chase_mount_14

chase_mount_9.jpg
Sponsored