Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks clean Ryan. I think I will go this direction.
Yea if you need a hand with it, you can come by. I'm in Murrieta between Cal Oaks and Clinton Keith. So I can give you a hand.

Also, we are planning a Cleghorn run this Sunday if you're down.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea if you need a hand with it, you can come by. I'm in Murrieta between Cal Oaks and Clinton Keith. So I can give you a hand.

I may take you up on that. I need to reroute some of my aux lights. Currently using 2-6 and could use your opinion.

I am headed out to Ocotillo today through Sunday or I would hit Cleghorn with you.

Fyi I’m Dale from the Temecula valley Facebook Bronco group. We need to connect for sure. I Swear I saw you getting onto the freeway on Railroad last night.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw your post on Facebook. I'm a solid maybe, but thats a 90 minute haul for me just to get there and I'd for sure to be required to take my 5 year old with me. Leaving that early with her is no bueno.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear ya, I bring my kids sometimes. They tend to get bored with it stil unfortunately.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally just went with the Diode Dynamic spare mount as it was easy. Wired into my aux switch for chase lights only and not reverse lights. Will be pretty easy to quickly remove if I need to remove the spare. I really wanted them higher, but this will work with top on or off.

Ford Bronco What are you using for chase lights? 1670284796458

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally just went with the Diode Dynamic spare mount as it was easy. Wired into my aux switch for chase lights only and not reverse lights. Will be pretty easy to quickly remove if I need to remove the spare. I really wanted them higher, but this will work with top on or off.

Looks good, I'll likely do the same as I didn't ultimately find anything I liked.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks good, I'll likely do the same as I didn't ultimately find anything I liked.

Yeah, not really what I was wanting, but it is easy to do and already available.

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently saw SDHQ's Bronco at the Dirt Expo in Phoenix this past weekend that had a new third brake light, mount, and two amber pods (1 on either side of 3rd brake light) in the stock position above the spare. Reached out to them yesterday and they responded saying it was a new item coming out +-30 days, no other info. Sorry didn't get pic.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are those yellow lens covers and if so can you provide a link to them?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recently saw SDHQ's Bronco at the Dirt Expo in Phoenix this past weekend that had a new third brake light, mount, and two amber pods (1 on either side of 3rd brake light) in the stock position above the spare. Reached out to them yesterday and they responded saying it was a new item coming out +-30 days, no other info. Sorry didn't get pic.
They have a placeholder on the website: https://sdhqoffroad.com/collections...-sdhq-built-3rd-brake-light-chase-light-mount

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you share a link for this kit please? Thank you.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you share a link for this kit please? Thank you.
Diode dynamic does have a kit that includes wiring for use as reverse lights, but I didn’t use their kit. I already had the SS2 pods and found the bracket on Amazon at a discounted rate. I had a harness that hard wired into the aux switch but had a separate switch to change from backlight or full power. I mounted that switch in the rear as they will stay on backlight most of the time.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I were to use one of the spare tire light rings (the ones that act as another brake light), does anyone think that would work as a decent chase light? I would get an RGB one so I could set the color as yellow or amber, and then only wire it to an aux switch. Thoughts on this approach? I’m looking for something stealthy. Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited: