Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I want to use the yellow wire and add a 2nd switch (to run to the driver's dash), how do I connect it? Do I buy a 2 pin push button switch? How many wires are inside the yellow wire?
Sponsored

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Quake LED - any help? what type of trigger / switch / button do I attach to yellow wire for a 2nd on/off function? Really happy with the installation so far. I suggest placing the cargo area button farther back, however. More reachable.

tempImagevP99RD.png

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like it but I'm not very good with installation and the thought of drilling into my bronco seems stressful. I'll wait for some ppl to make youtube guides first.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr Bojangles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like it but I'm not very good with installation and the thought of drilling into my bronco seems stressful. I'll wait for some ppl to make youtube guides first.
The drilling is only for mounting the switch, but I understand the fear if you have never done anything like it before.

It is on our list to get a video done so hopefully that will be out soon!

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

First Name
Mr Bojangles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Quake LED - any help? what type of trigger / switch / button do I attach to yellow wire for a 2nd on/off function? Really happy with the installation so far. I suggest placing the cargo area button farther back, however. More reachable.

Ford Bronco Quake LED Releases NEW Ford Bronco Interior LED Lightbar for Cargo Area and Rear Tailgate Lighting! QTE1306 tempImagevP99RD
Glad that you are happy with it thus far! Makes sense to put the switch closer to the rear. We will update our instructions to show the different spots people have put it!

The yellow wire is essentially a secondary power wire. If you get 12volts to it, the light will light up. We thought it would be a nice addition for people that have the auxiliary switches especially because there is already a wire plumbed to the rear!

Sponsored

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad that you are happy with it thus far! Makes sense to put the switch closer to the rear. We will update our instructions to show the different spots people have put it!

The yellow wire is essentially a secondary power wire. If you get 12volts to it, the light will light up. We thought it would be a nice addition for people that have the auxiliary switches especially because there is already a wire plumbed to the rear!
please dumb it down for me :) so the end of the yellow wire goes to 1 of the poles and 12 volts goes to the other? (in a 2 pole switch)?

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

+1 for installation video. Waiting for video before purchase.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

First Name
Mr Bojangles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
please dumb it down for me :) so the end of the yellow wire goes to 1 of the poles and 12 volts goes to the other? (in a 2 pole switch)?
Bingo! that should work perfectly.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have the Lux package you need to install the switch in this spot. The subwoofer (I'm guessing) housing is in the way if you try to mount it below the 12 volt. I now have a hole in the panel and will need to drill another one in this spot.

Sponsored

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Quake LED Releases NEW Ford Bronco Interior LED Lightbar for Cargo Area and Rear Tailgate Lighting! QTE1306 tempImagevP99RD
Did you just pry the panel back to install the switch in this spot? I'm having a hard time getting the panel to move. Any help would be appreciated.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Quake LED Any plans to release a dimmable (and maybe red function) to this in the future?

Even if its just cycling the power button.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, i think this needs a red option. Maybe a slider on the light so we can choose white or red.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

First Name
Mr Bojangles
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Quake LED Any plans to release a dimmable (and maybe red function) to this in the future?

Even if its just cycling the power button.
I'm not certain about future plans with this product, but I know we have a lot of RGB-W products, which if incorporated here would allow it to be red and it would be dimmable.

....That could be pretty cool for interior accenting as well to turn on the rgb on its dimmest setting while cruising down the road for a nice subtle interior effect. Do you think that would add value in your eyes?

I will mention this to the team and see what the feasibility vs cost would be!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not certain about future plans with this product, but I know we have a lot of RGB-W products, which if incorporated here would allow it to be red and it would be dimmable.

....That could be pretty cool for interior accenting as well to turn on the rgb on its dimmest setting while cruising down the road for a nice subtle interior effect. Do you think that would add value in your eyes?

I will mention this to the team and see what the feasibility vs cost would be!
If the team could also tell us what kind of dimmer we should use with the product that would be cool. I would be happy to cut the cable to mine and just insert a dimmer with a basic dial inline.
Sponsored