Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon helped me out with this yesterday and doing the ACM flash/setting the EQ to flat and THEN running the key DSP made ALL the difference in the world. I think this is a step that many miss that 100% needs to be done.
@gaaangs Can you explain what this means, what it does, and exactly what do do?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parthebar

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does DSP in Kicker Amp correct sound processing for rear SSV pods w/6.5" Kicker speakers or do I still need to adjust Forscan?

OP
OP
NavyBronco75

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does DSP in Kicker Amp correct sound processing for rear SSV pods w/6.5" Kicker speakers or do I still need to adjust Forscan?
I think you still need to do the Forscan, but maybe @RagnarKon can provide a better answer.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you still need to do the Forscan, but maybe @RagnarKon can provide a better answer.
@NavyBronco75 is correct, Forscan is the way to go.

The Kicker amp does try to correct for it, but then you have fighting EQs and the end result is definitely a little on the ugly side. You'll get MUCH better results by simply disabling the factory EQ in Forscan. (And Kicker themselves actually recommends disabling all EQ/DSPs before running the Kicker Auto Setup.)

Sponsored
OP
OP
NavyBronco75

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@NavyBronco75 is correct, Forscan is the way to go.

The Kicker amp does try to correct for it, but then you have fighting EQs and the end result is definitely a little on the ugly side. You'll get MUCH better results by simply disabling the factory EQ in Forscan. (And Kicker themselves actually recommends disabling all EQ/DSPs before running the Kicker Auto Setup.)
@RagnarKon, While on this topic, I don't have a laptop or the equipment to do this myself, is this something the dealership can do for me? Or do I need to go to an audio experts shop?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon, While on this topic, I don't have a laptop or the equipment to do this myself, is this something the dealership can do for me? Or do I need to go to an audio experts shop?
That would depend if FDRS lets you disable the EQ (and if your dealer is willing to do it).

I haven't played with FDRS since it was originally launched in 2018-ish (?), so not sure what capabilities it has nowadays. I know @flip was looking into it but I don't know how far he got.

OP
OP
NavyBronco75

NavyBronco75

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That would depend if FDRS lets you disable the EQ (and if your dealer is willing to do it).

I haven't played with FDRS since it was originally launched in 2018-ish (?), so not sure what capabilities it has nowadays. I know @flip was looking into it but I don't know how far he got.
So if the dealership won't/can't do it,(waiting to hear back from them) what are my options?
Sponsored