First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, trying to add the towing. 2023 they changed the connector like. MwGriswold posted. The new connector has the Yellow,Geen,Orange,Blue,and Brown wires. The O,Gr,Y, are unpinned on the mating connector the Blue and Brown have wires pinned in the mating connector. They go into the harness that follows the frame rail but couldn’t find where they terminated. The Y,Gr,and O are turn/stop and charge and Br is running lights. I can pin the O,Y,Gr and carry those to the trailer connector but not sure how to connect the Bl, Br without splicing. The other connector has all wires mated on both sides of the connector so not sure where to pick up the Gray (reverse lights) wire.
Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) B9A6B6B7-41D9-45A4-B960-CA6004E1DC8E
I installed the trailer modul and brake controller and programmed them with Forscan. Everything on that side seems to be ok. Im hoping someone will know where to go from here.

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, trying to add the towing. 2023 they changed the connector like. MwGriswold posted. The new connector has the Yellow,Geen,Orange,Blue,and Brown wires. The O,Gr,Y, are unpinned on the mating connector the Blue and Brown have wires pinned in the mating connector. They go into the harness that follows the frame rail but couldn’t find where they terminated. The Y,Gr,and O are turn/stop and charge and Br is running lights. I can pin the O,Y,Gr and carry those to the trailer connector but not sure how to connect the Bl, Br without splicing. The other connector has all wires mated on both sides of the connector so not sure where to pick up the Gray (reverse lights) wire.
Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) B9A6B6B7-41D9-45A4-B960-CA6004E1DC8E
I installed the trailer modul and brake controller and programmed them with Forscan. Everything on that side seems to be ok. Im hoping someone will know where to go from here.
Further more you now only use 2 of (10762803) connectors and 5 of the other. I still need to do more updates in forscan but everything is working. Only the trailer brakes left to test.

20230408_115751.jpg

20230408_115746.jpg

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife mocks me because I stand and stare. Hey question .. I haven't been able to find the forscan module for the 1st values in your table ICM. I get prompted to update mileage but never see the values to change. Any tips?
Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) shoulder-shru

1680993400091.jpeg

OP
OP
RoverDude

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) 1680993400091
I am out and about this weekend, but the reverse lights come from the other connector C105 just next to the one you wired, pin or position 40. It is middle row on one end ( you can take a picture with you phone. The Connector has pin location on the back edge)

Sponsored

PDEvans

Badlands
First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, The C105 Conn has the same wires going in and coming out. I didn't locate pin 40 but the same number of wires going in and out so if pin 40 was empty the feeder wire would not be present. The other (new conn) already has the Blue and Brown wires coming out of it. I pinned the Green, orange, and Yellow wires. to get the blue and Brown wires I would have to splice into the existing wires. I tried to trace the existing BL, Br wires through the harness but could figure out where they went. MWGriswolds connector doesnt have the BL and Br wires coming out in his pics. Here is a pic of my Female connector showing the Bl, Br wires already there. We have a Badlands with Lux so maybe that is part of the issue.
Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) IMG_4783

PDEvans

Badlands
First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to be clear This is MWGriswolds pic of his connector M/F. Mine matches the one on the left but the one on the right has the Bl,Br wires already there from the factory.

Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) 1681007056843

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, The C105 Conn has the same wires going in and coming out. I didn't locate pin 40 but the same number of wires going in and out so if pin 40 was empty the feeder wire would not be present. The other (new conn) already has the Blue and Brown wires coming out of it. I pinned the Green, orange, and Yellow wires. to get the blue and Brown wires I would have to splice into the existing wires. I tried to trace the existing BL, Br wires through the harness but could figure out where they went. MWGriswolds connector doesnt have the BL and Br wires coming out in his pics. Here is a pic of my Female connector showing the Bl, Br wires already there. We have a Badlands with Lux so maybe that is part of the issue.
Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) 1681007056843
This is your backup light.
Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) 20230402_164442 (1)

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@PDEvans, my Badlands has the high package and maybe there's a feature in the app that goes with the Lux package. I think you could de-pin the present wires and run them from the rear with the rest of your wires like I did, but I would look for where the E Brake and Running light wires ran and use all features if it were me.

PDEvans

Badlands
First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping someone had been down this road before but guess I'm the new guinea pig for this one. Sorry for the confusion when I was talking about the C105 Conn with a pic of the other connector. The grey wire in the C105 is going into and coming out of my connector like the blue and Brown in the other connector. Guess I'll be un-taping portions of the harness until I figure out where they go. I followed the harness all the way to the rear and couldn't find those wires at any of the sensors or accessories. I couldn't get a good look on top of the fuel tank to see what wires are there. There are about 7-8 branches in that harness. I had thought about unpinning those wires to see what quits working but not sure I want to go that route. I have everything completed except for the connections at the front. Right now the 6 wires are run from the rear to the front and coiled up at the connectors waiting for me to figure out where to connect them. It's my wifes' daily driver so I had to put it back together. Hopefully next weekend I can track them through the harness and get it sorted.

Sponsored

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on the installation as described in this thread on my 2023 Badlands:

The physical installation has been complete since last week and everything that I test has been functional. The main issue I have still been chasing is clearing the u2100:00-2f code.

I have finally been able to clear the code while experimenting and restoring asbuilt data. The last restoration of my asbuilt data is when the code has finally cleared. Yay! I wish I had the specific step that actually cleared the module. I will share any data I can so I can contribute. .. Admiring the my work! Thanks again!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoverDude

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update on the installation as described in this thread on my 2023 Badlands:

The physical installation has been complete since last week and everything that I test has been functional. The main issue I have still been chasing is clearing the u2100:00-2f code.

I have finally been able to clear the code while experimenting and restoring asbuilt data. The last restoration of my asbuilt data is when the code has finally cleared. Yay! I wish I had the specific step that actually cleared the module. I will share any data I can so I can contribute. .. Admiring the my work! Thanks again!!
For clearing the code. I wrote all the blocks for the trailer module. (Write all).
Then make sure you cycle the (start).

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For clearing the code. I wrote all the blocks for the trailer module. (Write all).
Then make sure you cycle the (start).
Ah that may be the trick .. I wrote each value as I changed it per others suggestions.

PDEvans

Badlands
First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, Finished up the wiring this morning. Hooked up to one of my trailers with brakes and everything works as it should. The Bronco recognizes the trailer and disables the rear sensors and BLIS.

C105 Pin 40 was just as described. I was expecting a larger gauge wire. The One coming into the connector is 18-20awg so I overlooked it. The Blue and Brown wires coming out of the New (C201) connector stopped and were capped where they enter the rest of the harness (1st pic). So, anyone with the same setup that I have can remove them as I did or splice into them. My guess is they added those wires to help support the two smaller wires coming out of the connector. I followed the harness running to the rear on the left frame rail so no need to cut body grommets. Picked up the ground at the rear ground connection on the frame. There are two ground locations following that harness. The new harness I made fit through the plastic harness tray/support at the bottom of the wheel well. (2nd Pic)

A couple of notes for future reference. The rear seal retainer of the New (C201) connector does not need to be removed to remove the plugs or insert the new terminals. The terminals will go through the retainer only in the correct orientation to mate with the connector. Only need to remove the front retainer.
The WPT-1037 harness referenced in the OPs instructions all come with 20-22awg terminals. I found them at Mouser in 16-18awg (PN) 13613157-L

Bl Br Term.jpg

harness tray.jpg
Sponsored