First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am planning on doing this exact install tonight but with tekonsha harness from p3 controller to factory plug and the curt harness in rear.

Why did you tap into blue wire instead of just cutting it? Does it provide feedback back to the bronco?
Did you need to use forscan to activate the plug? I have power to the P3 but donā€™t know if I am getting brake signal?
I donā€™t have forscan yet and was hoping to get this working without it.
Yes, the Blue wire also goes to the Bronco's computer, so you don't want to cut it. You don't need to activate the plug, it's ready to go. The Tow Pro is what gives you the brake signal depending on the G force so you don't need Fore Scan to activate it.
Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the Blue wire also goes to the Bronco's computer, so you don't want to cut it. You don't need to activate the plug, it's ready to go. The Tow Pro is what gives you the brake signal depending on the G force so you don't need Fore Scan to activate it.
Edit: The Blue wire is the brake signal from the Brake switch to the Tow Pro. You need this signal to the brake controller. This is why you tap into the wire. Here's the factory wiring diagram for this Customer Access Plug. See attached.

Attachments

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not saying that it's going to be cheaper.
I believed I use the same components that would come on the tow package.
I know the wire I use was not the same, GLX has a thicker Insulation/ Higher temperature rating.

It wasn't necessarily hard.
Am I understanding correctly that you only need to wire into the rear panel and not all the way to the front (apart from the trailer brake)?

OP
OP
RoverDude

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (First Edition)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Am I understanding correctly that you only need to wire into the rear panel and not all the way to the front (apart from the trailer brake)?
not for the 7-pin, also the Reverse signal need to be picked up
See below diagram:
Explanation in words:
The trailer control module has 2 fused feeds (fuse 91 and F107 for battery charger) these are both on the same connector (middle connector Module)

Connector on left side has your (2) CAN network connection wires, ground, and theft single for the BCM module.
The right connector has (4) outputs for you Left turn , Right turn, Battery charger, and parking lights.

Those single could be taken right there at the module and taken to the 7-pin connector (some splicing or repinning the connector.

The ground could be gotten there as well. (that's 5 of the 7)
The reverse light come from the TT backup relay ( I got that connection from drivers front wheel well at connector 105 (C105) and ran that back to the 7pin (that's 6 of the 7)

At that same location I picked up the trailer brake controller signal at connector 201 (C201)

Hope that helps? maybe?

I am only tring to explain what's there. I didn't design the thing....

Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) Trailer-camper adapter

Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) Trailer-camper adapter_2
Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) Trailer module

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just had the trailer company install my raptor receiver along with 7 pin and a brake controller. The main thing I want is for the navigation to let me to add a trailer for routing. Can this be added with just forscan edits?

Sponsored
OP
OP
RoverDude

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The main thing I want is for the navigation to let me to add a trailer for routing. Can this be added with just forscan edits?
I don't understand what you are talking about when you mentioned navigation.
Can you clarify?

Quest

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand what you are talking about when you mentioned navigation.
Can you clarify?
From what I've read, if you have the tow package it enables an option in sync 4 nav to input that you have a trailer and it's size. It then is supposed to route you knowing that and attempts to avoid areas difficult for your configuration.

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@RoverDude,

Thanks for this information! I am well into the process and this write up has been great!

I am at the point of exposing the connectors in the wheel well. I have a 2023 and either I still haven't located the correct connectors or there has been some changes. I attached pictures of the connectors that I exposed when I removed the liner. Can you tell if these are the correct connectors. It may be that the 7 pin wiring was moved to the smaller connector but I am not going to assume just yet. Are the c201 and c105 just under the liner right of center of the wheel well arch?

Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) 20230402_164442

Ford Bronco DIY Factory Tow Package using OEM parts with Forscan As-built Data (without error codes) 20230402_164454

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoverDude

RoverDude

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@RoverDude,

Thanks for this information! I am well into the process and this write up has been great!

I am at the point of exposing the connectors in the wheel well. I have a 2023 and either I still haven't located the correct connectors or there has been some changes. I attached pictures of the connectors that I exposed when I removed the liner. Can you tell if these are the correct connectors. It may be that the 7 pin wiring was moved to the smaller connector but I am not going to assume just yet. Are the c201 and c105 just under the liner right of center of the wheel well arch?

20230402_164442.jpg

20230402_164454.jpg
See pictures below for what I had.

It does look like they changed the connection. If you have a meter. I would check continuity between that wires and where it would attach to the trailer module.
If you post before this, I attached the wiring diagram for where they come from go to.

How this helps,
See if these wires match up with something close you have, even if the connectors are different.

PXL_20220621_005652446.jpg

PXL_20220621_005656790.jpg

PXL_20220617_231118793.jpg

PXL_20220617_222150838.jpg

PXL_20220617_222159141.jpg

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See pictures below for what I had.

It does look like they changed the connection. If you have a meter. I would check continuity between that wires and where it would attach to the trailer module.
If you post before this, I attached the wiring diagram for where they come from go to.

How this helps,
See if these wires match up with something close you have, even if the connectors are different.

PXL_20220621_005652446.jpg

PXL_20220621_005656790.jpg

PXL_20220617_231118793.jpg

PXL_20220617_222150838.jpg

PXL_20220617_222159141.jpg

Sponsored

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the quick reply! Indeed I can say they changed the connector. I won't assume it was by model year, but comparing the pics you just posted confirmed what I was thinking. I will further confirm with some continuity tests for those who may have the connector like mine. Thanks again!

kingsingh14

Badlands
First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco BL SAS LUX 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the quick reply! Indeed I can say they changed the connector. I won't assume it was by model year, but comparing the pics you just posted confirmed what I was thinking. I will further confirm with some continuity tests for those who may have the connector like mine. Thanks again!
I have a 2023 and am looking to do this mid as well, any update?

mwgriswold

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was waiting for the " Stand back a gaze at your accomplishment! " at the end.....
My wife mocks me because I stand and stare. Hey question .. I haven't been able to find the forscan module for the 1st values in your table ICM. I get prompted to update mileage but never see the values to change. Any tips?
Sponsored