Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Local hardware store is going to be a lot cheaper than buying the OEM hardware.
what kind of bolts would i buy at the hardware store?

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not having seen the hardtop pulled apart previously, I wasn't sure where the M2DZ-78245A26-B and M2DZ-78245A27-B Hard Top Bracket Latch Mounts bolted up. Today I stumbled across this image that makes it easy to see where they attach.

1687222453373.png

OP
OP
Designkid

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not having seen the hardtop pulled apart previously, I wasn't sure where the M2DZ-78245A26-B and M2DZ-78245A27-B Hard Top Bracket Latch Mounts bolted up. Today I stumbled across this image that makes it easy to see where they attach.

Ford Bronco DIY Hard Top prep kit 1687222453373
went online and order the hard top brackets for ADV hardtop that is coming and the parts department contacted me and told me that the brackets are on Backorder and have no ETA when they will be available...........Seriously Ford! Come on!
Is there any other way to get these basic metal brackets!
So I just received my brackets from Tascaparts.com. Part#'s are m2dz78245a27a and m2dz78245a26a. I thought they were the "b" parts too but they contacted me to confirm they were "a" parts that fit my VIN. I think I can reuse the bolts for my Bestop Trektop as they would have been replaced by them anyway if I had the bracket to begin with.
Ford Bronco DIY Hard Top prep kit IMG_3442

Ford Bronco DIY Hard Top prep kit IMG_3443

Now just for the install and figure out what bolts/holes are used up there since there is so many haha.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just received my brackets from Tascaparts.com. Part#'s are m2dz78245a27a and m2dz78245a26a. I thought they were the "b" parts too but they contacted me to confirm they were "a" parts that fit my VIN. I think I can reuse the bolts for my Bestop Trektop as they would have been replaced by them anyway if I had the bracket to begin with.

Now just for the install and figure out what bolts/holes are used up there since there is so many haha.
yeah I ordered my brackets and got mine a few days ago and got them installed. I used some bolts I received for my sunshade and they fit perfectly. Super easy to install. All you have to do is line up the holes and just make sure the long flat side goes on the outside of the bronco. The inside of the bracket that isnt straight goes towards the inside. You'll figure it out pretty quick

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brackets, bolts, and the last hose just arrived from FedEx. One step closer to having this wrapped up.

Still looking for a hard top to actually test all if this with.

Anyone in the West Palm area willing to assist with donating theirs temporarily in the name of science? 🙂

20230623_104629.jpg

OP
OP
Designkid

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brackets, bolts, and the last hose just arrived from FedEx. One step closer to having this wrapped up.

Still looking for a hard top to actually test all if this with.

Anyone in the West Palm area willing to assist with donating theirs temporarily in the name of science? 🙂

Ford Bronco DIY Hard Top prep kit 20230623_104629
I wonder what the difference is in the "A" part#'s and the "B" part#'s. They look, at least to the eye, as identical.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had both brackets in hand (-A and -B) and was unable to see any physical difference between the two. One of the holes may have been slightly more oblong but never got calipers out to check.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last of the hoses are all attached and routed, brackets are secured, harness is setup and in place. Now I just need a hard top to determine if the rear wipers, washers, and defrost all work.

I suspect I'll be changing out the HVAC Controls based all your prior findings.

To be continued......

20230623_153048.jpg

20230623_151126.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over the weekend I pulled together full instructions on how to install everything. I haven't formally installed the HVAC Controls myself and still need to source a hard top to confirm everything works. With that said, if you want to beat me to the punch and circle back with findings, that'd be awesome. Consolidated instructions to install can be found on this new thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ford-bronco-hard-top-prep-kit-retrofit.77142/

Last edited:

WOHORSEY

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not yet…I think I need the HVAC controls which are like $350+. I’m planning on deleting the wiper and washer. I have no need for those. But, I’d like to get defrost going.
Update.
Anderson Composite hard top finally arrived and installed. Also swapped the steering stalk for rear wiper was successful in forscan to enable rear wiper and washer control but no dice on rear defrost. I have heated mirrors and steering wheel but no voltage to the rear defrost grid when buttons are activated. Think the HVAC control needs to be swapped like you said then enabled in forscan.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update.
Anderson Composite hard top finally arrived and installed. Also swapped the steering stalk for rear wiper was successful in forscan to enable rear wiper and washer control but no dice on rear defrost. I have heated mirrors and steering wheel but no voltage to the rear defrost grid when buttons are activated. Think the HVAC control needs to be swapped like you said then enabled in forscan.
Did you do programming in FDRS too?

WOHORSEY

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you do programming in FDRS too?
No.didn’t know about that module I was successfully able to, enable and write Rear Defrost in the APIM module, but it keeps giving me a "Service Procedure has been interrupted" when trying to write enabled in HVAC.
Sponsored