First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I had an '05 explorer for years and would feel weird calling it a truck. My definition of truck centered around a pickup truck with a bed.

Now that I have a bronco I find myself experiencing the same thing although I do feel a little better calling it a truck.

I mostly just say bronco, i.e. "let's take my bronco" instead of "let's take my car/truck"
Definitely NOT a car that’s for sure…
Sponsored

TheBear

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco WT, '20 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’d call it bronco for sure, just like I’d call a wrangler a Jeep. But to call it a truck, like is often done on 6g, is simply wrong. I’d consider a truck to require at least being a HD pickup. Even an HD pickup is not actually a truck. I was once lectured decades ago that a pickup is a pickup and a truck is a truck. There’s no way a Bronco is a truck. Since I ain’t calling it an SUV, it’s a Bronco.

Last edited:

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jessabelle, because that's her name.

It is a body on frame though, and most bodies on frame are considered a truck platform.
Corvette was body on frame up until around 1981, so they're probably trucks too.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lucille ?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m in the Bronco camp. Still own my Superduty to tow my wife’s trailer (Grand Design 2970RL) and Lowe’s runs, so that is the truck. My wife called the Bronco a Jeep once or twice when it first came home, but she hasn’t done that since Off-roadeo. Why do I refer to the 2970 as my wife’s trailer? I have a 6x12 cargo conversion specifically built for the Bronco to take on guy trips, that I call my trailer. Car seems way beneath the stature of the Sasquatch, but that slips out now and then. Mostly, Bronco. It’s strangely appropriate.

Sponsored
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had an '05 explorer for years and would feel weird calling it a truck. My definition of truck centered around a pickup truck with a bed.

Now that I have a bronco I find myself experiencing the same thing although I do feel a little better calling it a truck.

I mostly just say bronco, i.e. "let's take my bronco" instead of "let's take my car/truck"
I call it a car, although I know it’s more akin to a truck. Whenever people refer to it as a truck I don’t correct them🤷🏻‍♂️I guess technically it’s an suv though so idk

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I call mine a vehicle. I’ve booked travel for years for professors and always called whatever I rented a vehicle so it’s a habit.

OP
OP
EpicExplorer

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Roadhusky

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4dr 2.7L Badsquatch hardtop with tow package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love this thread because I think about this too. In my heart, "truck" is the answer (BOF af!!), but I feel self-conscious calling it that because I know some will think I'm being a tryhard poser. "Car" just feels wrong though! Clearly "SUV" is the most technically correct category bucket, but people don't use that as a generic kind of term the way we do "car" or "truck." Like nobody ever said "I'm running ten minutes late, forgot I had to put gas in the SUV."

I do try to dodge the question by saying "the Bronco" to people who know me & know that's what I drive, but to me that level of specificity feels just off in casual contexts. Like, if a stranger making small talk says "that storm earlier came out of nowhere, huh?" then it's fine if I say "sure did, I was finishing up a hike with my dog and we had to run to make it back to the car/truck when the sky opened up" but if you swap "Bronco" in there, then you just come off as a sweaty f'in weirdo who's practically begging to be praised for driving a cool set of wheels. I'm A-OK being a weirdo, mind you, but I'm not gonna be seen begging anyone for anything.

re "Jeep"—a parking attendant at the airport garage a couple weeks ago was trying to get my attention from several entrance lanes over, and when I tuned in he was yelling "LADY IN THE GREEN JEEP!!!!" at me... I'd love to claim that the reason I wasn't responding was that I wouldn't deign to turn my head for such a slur, but the actual reason is it was 4:45 in the morning.
Sponsored