Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Call it whatever you want. I sometimes call it a car but that's just from being around off-road racing, where everything is a "car" regardless of what it is trying to resemble. I always get a kick out of the people who get butt-hurt over calling it a car. Usually Jeep people LOL, but we have a lot of that butthurtedness bleeding over into the Bronco world lately. I guess that's reason enough to call it a car, just for the entertainment factor of some of the reactions. But in the end, who cares what you call it. Call it whatever you want. It's your vehicle.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife calls everything a truck, it's crazy. I say car, it doesn't have a bed on it. Now maybe if she gets bigger tires, then I may reconsider.

HarrytheHammer

Heritage
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ah, the age old question…. I don’t know. Considering that the “Ford GPW” and the “Willis MB” were both produced in the 1940’s and the term Jeep comes from that- General Purpose; well, maybe Jeep isn’t inaccurate. And if JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket. Hmmm…. On the other hand, nowadays Jeep is a brand name. So, the Bronco can’t be another make; it’s pure Ford. But is it a car or truck? Maybe that’s like asking “What color is a circle”?

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Around family I say "the Bronco", but in public I say "the car" because I don't want to sound pretentious. Got called a Jeep today by a stranger and didn't correct them because it seemed a bit obnoxious ;)
I get that a lot.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely not a truck and thankfully so or the state would charge more for registration. In their eyes it is a station wagon.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a mechanic/race crewman, I very often use the word "car" in the loosest sense very often to mean "4 wheeled vehicle". Often I say it when working on pickup trucks as well..."lube this thusly, then bolt it back on the car". Pickups are nothing but cars w/ventilated trunks. It's all nuts and bolts folks! But, what I HAVE noticed is that everyone who has asked me about my Bronco who is clearly born in North America (be it USA, Mexico, or Canada) has asked "is that your Bronco? How do you like it?" Nobody who has asked me about it, whom I could reasonably ascertain, was North American born has called it anything but a "Bronco"...Like the Wrangler it appears it is iconic in North America...One woman from Australia asked me about my "car", and a woman from somewhere in eastern Europe asked me about my "Jeep", and I corrected her promptly! I have come to follow suit and simply call it a Bronco...it is it's own animal!

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I usually call it the Bronco or if being more general a truck. After all it's sitting on top of a Ranger platform and the last time I looked a Ranger is a truck. The BS is a car.
Sponsored