Sponsored

Do you hear this notification sound? Help me disable it.

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am generally confident in my ability to figure this sort of thing out, so it is humbling to start a thread about this. I have searched and read related threads, but haven't found any insights.

Anytime I receive a text message with my phone connected through Android Auto, I hear this notification chime through the vehicle. Is it coming from Android Auto? Sync? I'm really not sure. I suspect it might be a Sync thing for a few reasons:

1) I have notification sounds disabled within the Android Auto settings in the car.
2) Using the text thread specific mute button has no effect. Regardless of the mute status, I hear this sound for every message.

At the bottom of this post, I'll include a blank video that plays the sound a couple times. I'm really curious to hear if others have the same experience, and particularly if anyone knows how I can disable this altogether.

This is the AA setting with conversation chimes disabled.
Ford Bronco Do you hear this notification sound? Help me disable it. conv chime

This is where I can mute and unmute conversations within AA. As I said, it doesn't help.
Ford Bronco Do you hear this notification sound? Help me disable it. mute-toggle

And whether related or not, I have found it odd that there appears to be an independent settings icon for any phones that have been paired with the vehicle. Except the icons are greyed out and unclickable. Curious to know if this is the same for everyone (the icon next to the trash can).
Ford Bronco Do you hear this notification sound? Help me disable it. phone settings

And finally, here is the sound:
Sponsored

Niftysnail

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check the android auto settings on your phone. Some settings are just on there I recall hearing that noise originally, but I think I disabled it on the phone

OP
OP
brtd

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's coming from Sync. Here's how you disable it...

Go to Settings (in Sync, not Android Auto) click "Phone List"

Next to your phone, in the list, click the Android Auto icon. This switches your phone to regular Bluetooth.

Now click on Phone Settings. That greyed out button should be clickable now.

Click ln Text Messaging and Email.

Click on Text Messaging and turn off the prompts and sounds.

Do the same for email.

Sponsored
OP
OP
brtd

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THANK YOU!

I'll try this in the morning. But I had been wondering what function those icons were toggling. Makes sense now.

Epic. Thanks again.

Next to your phone, in the list, click the Android Auto icon. This switches your phone to regular Bluetooth.

Do the same for email.

OP
OP
brtd

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This worked just like you described. Thank you.

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!
The same thing has been happening to me and it's been driving me CRAZY. Was just about to start a thread about it as well, ha ha. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Do the same for email.
Will definitely try this tomorrow. I fucking hate that sound when it does that after my regular notification sound plays

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am generally confident in my ability to figure this sort of thing out, so it is humbling to start a thread about this. I have searched and read related threads, but haven't found any insights.

Anytime I receive a text message with my phone connected through Android Auto, I hear this notification chime through the vehicle. Is it coming from Android Auto? Sync? I'm really not sure. I suspect it might be a Sync thing for a few reasons:

1) I have notification sounds disabled within the Android Auto settings in the car.
2) Using the text thread specific mute button has no effect. Regardless of the mute status, I hear this sound for every message.

At the bottom of this post, I'll include a blank video that plays the sound a couple times. I'm really curious to hear if others have the same experience, and particularly if anyone knows how I can disable this altogether.

This is the AA setting with conversation chimes disabled.
Ford Bronco Do you hear this notification sound? Help me disable it. Screenshot_20230209-223903

This is where I can mute and unmute conversations within AA. As I said, it doesn't help.
Ford Bronco Do you hear this notification sound? Help me disable it. Screenshot_20230209-223903

And whether related or not, I have found it odd that there appears to be an independent settings icon for any phones that have been paired with the vehicle. Except the icons are greyed out and unclickable. Curious to know if this is the same for everyone (the icon next to the trash can).

And finally, here is the sound:
You arent the only one with this issue. It has affected me since I've had the bronco. The new software update seems to delay it more. Still doesn't make me hate that sound any less

Sponsored

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Disconnect Android auto. Connect phone to blue tooth. Then go to that phone settings under Bluetooth menu. Turn notifications off. I think you can even set do not disturb on sync for that phone. Then hook back uo to android auto and it will only run g if you have an incoming call.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Totally trying this. That sound has been pissing me off since day one....lol.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Do the same for email.
Many thanks for this. The incredibly annoying text announcement sound has plagued me from day one with no apparent way to turn it off.

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Do the same for email.
OMG THANK YOU!! I've been trying for a long time to cut that annoying sound off. I've searched and searched. I gave up. I figured I'd try again for the fun of it. And bam! You my friend are awesome. Thank you

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

THANK YOU!

I'll try this in the morning. But I had been wondering what function those icons were toggling. Makes sense now.

Epic. Thanks again.
Awesome!! I was bitching about it and my teenage son kept sending me texts just to annoy me while we were driving down the road. He will have to find a new way to get under my skin!
Sponsored