Sponsored

Does “Exceptions Recorded” mean damaged in transport?

azm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see some notations on the trucking delivery receipt. Does this mean damage? Anyone know what the codes mean?
Ford Bronco Does “Exceptions Recorded” mean damaged in transport? 72DCE12D-25F6-4CFB-B27E-A0004431E226
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jayalamo

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I worked in logistics for a couple of years and I believe that claims info at the bottom is just a footer that is there on all BOLs. If there was damage there would be hand written notations stating so. This looks like a clean BOL with the driver and receiver signatures attesting to that.

OP
OP
azm

azm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I worked in logistics for a couple of years and I believe that claims info at the bottom is just a footer that is there on all BOLs. If there was damage there would be hand written notations stating so. This looks like a clean BOL with the driver and receiver signatures attesting to that.
Thanks for taking a look. I see the footer, but was concerned about the numbers in the Area, Type, Sev, and Alt columns. Mine in the VIN ending 130.

Jayalamo

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for taking a look. I see the footer, but was concerned about the numbers in the Area, Type, Sev, and Alt columns. Mine in the VIN ending 130.
I’m not too sure what the numbers and codes mean but my gut is telling me the fact that it was typed means it’s count of something that was recorded at time of shipping and shouldn’t mean damage. I could be wrong but in my experience the driver or receiver would have scribbled something in pen along the lines of “1 damaged piece” or “1 damaged skid”. I think you’re fine but sorry if I’m wrong.

Reactions: azm

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like issues noted by the shipper when they picked up the vehicle so they wouldn't be blamed for it.

OP
OP
azm

azm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiP5-v7h6X_AhXSfzABHbLMBGMQFnoECAoQAQ&url=https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/Ford_Damage.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2ogZVgI3pbL37DC-sC31MM

Area 3 - Front Bumper
Area 52 - Tailgate

Type 5 - Chipped
Type 38 - Hardware loose/missing

Seems like damage - but minimal. Nothing dealer probably couldn't get sorted during PDI or shortly after.
Just make sure you take an extra good look at those areas during delivery.
Thanks! I will make sure they send me some before and after pictures. Was planning to have it shipped from PA to AZ.

Jayalamo

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like I was wrong…sowwy

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks! I will make sure they send me some before and after pictures. Was planning to have it shipped from PA to AZ.
Who are you using for shipping?

OP
OP
azm

azm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who are you using for shipping?
Haven’t decided yet. Maybe Montway, based on reccomendation from a friend. I like the idea of an enclosed option, which they have. Will take anothe look at Uship again to compare. Do you have one you’re leaning toward?

Sponsored

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haven’t decided yet. Maybe Montway, based on reccomendation from a friend. I like the idea of an enclosed option, which they have. Will take anothe look at Uship again to compare. Do you have one you’re leaning toward?
I was gonna request quotes from uship, and united road, if dealers and ford use united road, it seems like a good backup if uship shippers look sketchy. Also looking for other people recommendations

OP
OP
azm

azm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was gonna request quotes from uship, and united road, if dealers and ford use united road, it seems like a good backup if uship shippers look sketchy. Also looking for other people recommendations
I went with Montway for an enclosed delivery. They were great.
Sponsored