Sponsored

Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG?

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Bronco community, I currently have 2 broncos I ordered in transit to my dealer and I‘m only going to accept delivery of one. The only difference between the two builds is the color and one has the sas package—I’m trying to decide between an EG badlands non-sass, and an A51 Sasquatch. I’m so torn on the color I’m trying to decide based on other specs and much to my surprise, the Sasquatch and non Sasquatch badlands both have a rating of 17mpg on my window stickers.

From reading an earlier thread the Sasquatch has the larger tires, at 1.4” higher ride height (which may be attributed solely to the larger tires), and a different gear ratio.

I assumed the Sasquatch would get slightly worse fuel economy due to tire size/increased ride height, but according to ford that isn’t the case.

Is it true that the non-sas and sas badlands get the same mpg?

Ford Bronco Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG? 6CA12C89-3B99-449C-B903-2F652BC96F7B

Ford Bronco Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG? BD04021D-A0B0-49E8-93E2-F67C244ACC4F
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't imagine it would be possible to be the same. I "self-squatched" (I know, cringy phrase) and lost about 3 mpg across the board. I also already had the 4.70 gears like squatch would have so it wasn't fighting improper gearing, and my wheel/tire combo is within 2 pounds of squatch so that's negligible.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So nice of you to take up an extra build slot and then to give it to the dealer for another ADM win for them. Really appreciate it as I'm still waiting on my 1st week reservation to get a slot.
I simply ordered two as a way to increase my odds of getting it as soon as possible with the intention of canceling the 2nd once I was scheduled. I didn’t anticipate two orders at separate dealers being scheduled for the same day so I wasn’t able to. I get your frustration, but don’t hate the player.. hate fords game.

Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So nice of you to take up an extra build slot and then to give it to the dealer for another ADM win for them. Really appreciate it as I'm still waiting on my 1st week reservation to get a slot.
User name checks out.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't imagine it would be possible to be the same. I "self-squatched" (I know, cringy phrase) and lost about 3 mpg across the board. I also already had the 4.70 gears like squatch would have so it wasn't fighting improper gearing, and my wheel/tire combo is within 2 pounds of squatch so that's negligible.
I can’t either but here are my stickers on identical builds other than color and sas…
Ford Bronco Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG? 36AEAB47-09F9-4891-9030-E0E29BF2F9E5
Ford Bronco Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG? A2BF396C-008A-4F03-BB7F-3A76CBA5E6C0

Was your ”self-sas” on a Badlands?

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here you go. My stock BL /4 dr. / Sasquatch / 2.7 Auto mileage. First pic is my mileage from a recent road-trip (2k miles / 40 hrs. driving / alot at altiltude over mtn. passes, 100 degree heat down to Death Valley, through Vegas and up the CA coast returning to Tahoe). The second pic is my lifetime mileage through 7400 miles.. I live in the mountains at 6300'. Imagine it would be better at sea level.
Ford Bronco Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG? IMG_2205
Ford Bronco Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG? IMG_2204

EndlezWaltz

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, AVG IVE GOTTEN IN 1500 MILES. AVG PER THE GAUGE 13.3 MPG. BADLANDS NON SQUAS

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MPG rating is not based on each individual vehicle. It is determined by taking the most popular optionally equipped version (per engine and transmission). In this case, the non-Sasquatch package for the BL. That is most likely why the ratings are the same for the 'plain' BL and the tarted up one. For 2022 it looks like (EPA MPG website) Ford claims (MPG results are mostly self-reported) that a generic Sasquatch appears to drop 3 MPG on a base, at least that is my interpretation, it is not clearly delineated. I would expect that to equate to the 1-2 MPG lower on the more aggressive tires of the base Badlands.

You will most assuredly see a drop with Sasquatch from the increase frontal area of the tire and the tread pattern (the published weights of the tire/wheel combo are not that far off)

At a guess, 1-2 MPG loss at best, perhaps as bad as 3-4.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I got 17 in my 4dr 2.3/auto Badlands non-Squatch. I think my trip meter, over 6,000 miles, shows 15.7mpg

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, AVG IVE GOTTEN IN 1500 MILES. AVG PER THE GAUGE 13.3 MPG. BADLANDS NON SQUAS
WOW, THAT'S NOT GREAT. MIGHT NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR AIR PRESSURE AND HEAVY FOOT. THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR AVERAGE THOUGH.

Ford Bronco Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG? giphy

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here you go. My stock BL /4 dr. / Sasquatch / 2.7 Auto mileage. First pic is my mileage from a recent road-trip (2k miles / 40 hrs. driving / alot at altiltude over mtn. passes, 100 degree heat down to Death Valley, through Vegas and up the CA coast returning to Tahoe). The second pic is my lifetime mileage through 7400 miles.. I live in the mountains at 6300'. Imagine it would be better at sea level.
Thanks for the detailed info. I live between florida and Seattle and planning to drive my bronco back to Seattle (Florida doesn’t require a front license plate so worth the 3k mile trip, lol). Comparing your numbers to other 2.7s regardless of Sas/non-sas there doesn’t seem to be a clear winner.
Sponsored