Sponsored

Does Badlands Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch have identical MPG?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't imagine it would be possible to be the same. I "self-squatched" (I know, cringy phrase) and lost about 3 mpg across the board. I also already had the 4.70 gears like squatch would have so it wasn't fighting improper gearing, and my wheel/tire combo is within 2 pounds of squatch so that's negligible.
To be honest the Bronco is severely overgeared with the 4.70. It is a great number for the small percentage that will be crawling and climbing. Not that itā€™s a bad thing but a 4.10 would have still be sufficient for most applications. F-150 Raptors have always only came with 4.10ā€™s for the 35ā€™s and still do on the latest 37 package. The first gen F-150 Raptor with the 5.4L made less power and torque than the 2.7 and weighed a thousand pounds more.

Some extra MPG would be a nice gain to help on longer trips to the trails. Right now to go to my preferred ā€œget awayā€ I burn through 3/4 a tank before even arriving. I had a first gen F-150 Raptor 6.2 and never struggled with power even with hanging with the climber group. I have had many brainstorms about bringing my Badlands down to 4.10.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I got 17 in my 4dr 2.3/auto Badlands non-Squatch. I think my trip meter, over 6,000 miles, shows 15.7mpg
Elevation and steep grades of Utah certainly a factor. Beautiful state, though!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ECO, 41PSI ALL FOUR, LUX CRUSIE CONTROLL ON.
THERE MIGHT BE SOME OTHER KIND OF ISSUE THAN. THAT'S NOT A GOOD AVERAGE WITH THE INFORMATION YOU'VE PROVIDED.

ARE YOU USING PREMIUM FUEL OR STANDARD?

EndlezWaltz

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THERE MIGHT BE SOME OTHER KIND OF ISSUE THAN. THAT'S NOT A GOOD AVERAGE WITH THE INFORMATION YOU'VE PROVIDED.

LIMMITED OPS HERE IN FAIRBANKS. 87 WITH TECHRON ADDED.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LIMMITED OPS HERE IN FAIRBANKS. 87 WITH TECHRON ADDED.
I'M WILLING TO WAGER THAT 87 IS NOT HELPING YOUR MILEAGE. OH WELL.

ENJOY YOUR FORD

Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to fix your CAPS-LOCK key. :)

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you ordered a brick and are worried about mpg you ordered the wrong vehicle.
I agree. Iā€™m just agonizing on the color and if it where a matter of 3-4 mpg that would sway me. Looks like the difference is negligible so maybe Iā€™ll flip a coin?

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
17-17.5 MPG with SAS and 2.7l after 10k

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a lifetime
Here you go. My stock BL /4 dr. / Sasquatch / 2.7 Auto mileage. First pic is my mileage from a recent road-trip (2k miles / 40 hrs. driving / alot at altiltude over mtn. passes, 100 degree heat down to Death Valley, through Vegas and up the CA coast returning to Tahoe). The second pic is my lifetime mileage through 7400 miles.. I live in the mountains at 6300'. Imagine it would be better at sea level.
IMG_2205.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
My lifetime 12,600 miles is 18.4 OBX Advanced non sas. All highway. At 85 mph it drops yo about 16.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello Bronco community, I currently have 2 broncos I ordered in transit to my dealer and Iā€˜m only going to accept delivery of one. The only difference between the two builds is the color and one has the sas packageā€”Iā€™m trying to decide between an EG badlands non-sass, and an A51 Sasquatch. Iā€™m so torn on the color Iā€™m trying to decide based on other specs and much to my surprise, the Sasquatch and non Sasquatch badlands both have a rating of 17mpg on my window stickers.

From reading an earlier thread the Sasquatch has the larger tires, at 1.4ā€ higher ride height (which may be attributed solely to the larger tires), and a different gear ratio.

I assumed the Sasquatch would get slightly worse fuel economy due to tire size/increased ride height, but according to ford that isnā€™t the case.

Is it true that the non-sas and sas badlands get the same mpg?

6CA12C89-3B99-449C-B903-2F652BC96F7B.jpeg

BD04021D-A0B0-49E8-93E2-F67C244ACC4F.jpeg
Thanks for being part of the problem. Can't wait to get mine next year.
If you are concerned about fuel economy by a Prius.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

19.4 MPG average after 12k miles in my Badlands (non-Sasquatch) auto with the 2.7. I run premium and itā€™s probably 80% highway miles.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello Bronco community, I currently have 2 broncos I ordered in transit to my dealer and Iā€˜m only going to accept delivery of one. The only difference between the two builds is the color and one has the sas packageā€”Iā€™m trying to decide between an EG badlands non-sass, and an A51 Sasquatch. Iā€™m so torn on the color Iā€™m trying to decide based on other specs and much to my surprise, the Sasquatch and non Sasquatch badlands both have a rating of 17mpg on my window stickers.

From reading an earlier thread the Sasquatch has the larger tires, at 1.4ā€ higher ride height (which may be attributed solely to the larger tires), and a different gear ratio.

I assumed the Sasquatch would get slightly worse fuel economy due to tire size/increased ride height, but according to ford that isnā€™t the case.

Is it true that the non-sas and sas badlands get the same mpg?

6CA12C89-3B99-449C-B903-2F652BC96F7B.jpeg

BD04021D-A0B0-49E8-93E2-F67C244ACC4F.jpeg
Area 51 & Sas all the way if it was my choice. The Sas and gearing you won't regret. The small change is MPG is what it is. But hey, no one over said, I wish I bought a Prius. My Bronco is not fuel efficient.
Sponsored