Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy a Badlands without Sasquatch with high package and vinyl or an Outerbanks Sasquatch with Lux package and leather. Both have the 2.3 auto. The Outerbanks is about $1500 more, while neither are at MSRP. I don’t do crazy off-roading so either would be more than enough. What would you do?
Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you don’t do a lot of off roading, then some of the Badlands standard features such as sway bar disconnect and wash out interior may not come into play. Even so, I would likely still go with the Badlands because I like the marine grade vinyl on the seats so much more than leather and the 33’s that are standard on the BL look proportional more so than the 35’s with the standard fender flares versus the wider flares on the sasquatch. Other than that, it’s probably a toss of the coin and may turn on whether you like the painted fender flares on the OB versus the black fender flares on the BL. That’s my two cents.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're not planning on doing much offroading, then the features of Sas vs. the BL are largely irrelevant.

So for me that would come down to the packages and the interior. Anything in Lux but not in High that you really want? (I like the idea of an integrated garage door opener in a topless vehicle.)

Bigger for me would be carpet/leather vs. rubberized floor/MGV seats. For ease of cleaning I'd go with the BL, but if electric seats are a must then the OB. If you plan on going anywhere near sand, I'd get the BL with that washout interior.

Then again, some people are all about the cosmetic look of bigger tires, in which case Sas could be important.

Personally, we've seen that the BL on 33s is plenty capable, and I don't have some deep-seated need for "BiGgEr TiReS!" So the benefits of the washout interior when taking my family and dogs to the beach is the deciding factor for me.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands with just the base package. I like the marine grade vinyl a lot. I haven’t experienced the leather in a Bronco yet, but in general, I’m a big fan of leather.

From a value standpoint, the Outerbanks seems like a better deal, since it is Sasquatch and leather equipped. If you don’t off-road a lot, giving up the sway bar disconnect shouldn’t be a big deal.

GRPinehurst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A +1500 Sasquatch package seems like an easy answer.
Let's face it, how many people in this forum bought a nonSasquatch and decided to lift it.

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also think the Sasquatch will have better resale value later on, even without the Lux — which is icing on the cake.

So, OBX

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you don’t do a lot of off roading, then some of the Badlands standard features such as sway bar disconnect and wash out interior may not come into play. Even so, I would likely still go with the Badlands because I like the marine grade vinyl on the seats so much more than leather and the 33’s that are standard on the BL look proportional more so than the 35’s with the standard fender flares versus the wider flares on the sasquatch. Other than that, it’s probably a toss of the coin and may turn on whether you like the painted fender flares on the OB versus the black fender flares on the BL. That’s my two cents.
Completely agree with you. Get the BL's and you can always add 35" tires later if you want that look. BL will have a greater value down the road if you do decide to sell imo. Exactly what I have ordered for my wife.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would choose the Badlands, solely because I absolutely loathe the OBX's brown interior. OBX was my original order, until they released the pics of the interiors I changed it the next day.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• adaptive cruise
  • BO
  • evasive steering assist
  • heated steering wheel
  • garage door opener
  • some extra charge ports and wireless charging
  • 35s and 4.7 gearing
  • tube steps
vs
  • $1500
  • durable mgv
  • 33s and 4.46 gearing
  • bash plates
  • rock rails
  • steel (not mod bumper vs plastic ob)
  • aux switches
personally i think the bl is the perfect compromise, and you could take that 1500 and start a few upgrades.

only thing in lux i really wish i had is the acc and heated wheel. bo needs upgraded just like base systems. gearing is nice but 4.46 fine if you ever decide you want to go up to 35s. mgv is a game changer, i love it. does get a little hot though.

resell isn't a concern; both will be great (assume ob more with sas+lux). the 1500 difference doesn't make sense because the difference to build between the two is +4k~ for the ob with sas/lux/leather. did they add some things to the bl like mod bumper, etc? also what colors?

edit: either way you win minus any adm. value wise ob wins, bl wins for mgv and it was my other choice.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I absolutely love my 2dr BL with mid package. I know that’s not much feedback. But they are good looking with 33’s with nice fender gap clearance which give illusion of tire being bigger. MGV seats are awesome, drain plugs, washout interior. It’s what a Bronco should be.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ssavell

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • adaptive cruise
  • BO
  • evasive steering assist
  • heated steering wheel
  • garage door opener
  • some extra charge ports and wireless charging
  • 35s and 4.7 gearing
  • tube steps
vs
  • $1500
  • durable mgv
  • 33s and 4.46 gearing
  • bash plates
  • rock rails
  • steel (not mod bumper vs plastic ob)
  • aux switches
personally i think the bl is the perfect compromise, and you could take that 1500 and start a few upgrades.

only thing in lux i really wish i had is the acc and heated wheel. bo needs upgraded just like base systems. gearing is nice but 4.46 fine if you ever decide you want to go up to 35s. mgv is a game changer, i love it. does get a little hot though.

resell isn't a concern; both will be great (assume ob more with sas+lux). the 1500 difference doesn't make sense because the difference to build between the two is +4k~ for the ob with sas/lux/leather. did they add some things to the bl like mod bumper, etc? also what colors?

edit: either way you win minus any adm. value wise ob wins, bl wins for mgv and it was my other choice.
The OBX has the mod bumper, the BL does not. BL is cyber orange and the OBX is white. Neither are my top 3 in color but I don’t dislike either. They are both used resell with less than 1000 miles and the BL is a 2021 the OBX is a 2022

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just to clarify, the OBX with SAS will not have body color painted flairs, but the OP will know that.

Personally, I like the lift and 35 look on the Bronco. I had an obx with 33's and had already purchased a Rough Country lift and wheels + 35's for it, before its untimely demise. I would go SAS.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to buy a Badlands without Sasquatch with high package and vinyl or an Outerbanks Sasquatch with Lux package and leather. Both have the 2.3 auto. The Outerbanks is about $1500 more, while neither are at MSRP. I don’t do crazy off-roading so either would be more than enough. What would you do?
I don't have lux, but I have an obx with leather. I have the dark roast and I really like it. I personally would prefer leather seats. I added a lift and some 33s on mine as well, but I don't have SAS. I live off road and every day I drive in some conditions that people try to simulate in these off-road parks. The outer banks eats it up and spits it out. I have only used 4x4 a handful of times where I would have been in 4H in my F150.

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would choose the Badlands, solely because I absolutely loathe the OBX's brown interior. OBX was my original order, until they released the pics of the interiors I changed it the next day.

Same the wife and I wanted black interior and after we saw it we upgraded to the BL

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same the wife and I wanted black interior and after we saw it we upgraded to the BL
I "downgraded" to a BD because the swaybar disco would be one more point of failure for something I'd never use. But I don't feel like I missed out on anything at all, I actually think it's kind of ironic Ford lost out on extra $$ because they wouldn't offer a universal interior package.

So I say downgraded because technically I did, but in terms of a vehicle I will be much happier with it was 100% an upgrade.
Sponsored