Sponsored

Wild Track vs Outerbanks with 2.7L, Sasquatch, and 10 speed tranny?

Bronco69

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, Ducati xDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a difference between a fully loaded Outerbanks with the 2.7L and 10 speed tranny versus the Wild Track?

I know the Wild Track is billed as designed for high-speed. But, I went with a fully loaded Outerbanks with Sasquatch, 2.7L, and 10 speed tranny because it allowed me to get the brown leather interior.
Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If my memory serves correctly, if you load up both with shadow black top, leather, the lux package, make sure you select the aux switches separately for the OB and to your point, 2.7, auto and sas. The OB came in $200-$300 cheaper. The OB gives up Baja mode.

The OB has darker leather, a bronze dash, different grill, body colored mirrors and tube steps.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some speculation by guys at the Dearborne factory that the WildTrak and FE are 2" higher with stiffer springs and suspension than other squatched versions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco69

Bronco69

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, Ducati xDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
Bronco69

Bronco69

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, Ducati xDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good question. One that's come up before. I'm not sure. Let me tag one of our resident experts and see what they know

@ZackDanger @Rick Astley @LEGEND @618TRVLWILD
I do t think it offers a custom mode! What you get is what you get! Bc you go back to those sheets from the reveal nothing ever shown it. Unless you can get an aftermarket tune for that.

Now my Mercedes it has four modes. One being a personal mode you can select the features you want! I still just use the trusty comfort mode though.

I can say this..I can't wait to try sport mode in my BB..I'm got a sweet RR crossing before work that fun to fly over. Mae Pearl going to be getting some air! 🤣😆

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now this is an answer. Here's another question, will the G.O.A.T. system offer a "custom" mode?
Two things:

1. That chart was created by someone very early on based on how these modes work in other vehicles. The matrix of which trims have what is great. The other one is just a guess on what the goat modes might do... it’s not based in anything that’s been published on the Bronco.

2. No indication there will be a “custom” mode.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you get OBX squatched, it seems to be the same mechanicals. Just mainly cosmetic differences but nobody will really know until we see one in the flesh.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good question. One that's come up before. I'm not sure. Let me tag one of our resident experts and see what they know

@ZackDanger @Rick Astley @LEGEND @618TRVLWILD
Ranger is the closest thing I would know of and I assume FORSCAN will have similar capabilities to Bronco, the additional "lock down" of ECU non withstanding, and from what I know from interaction with FORSCAN and the Ranger boards is that you won't be able to hack into each mode to make changes. In fact, what you can adjust is quite limited, but you have massive visibility to what's going on. Plus you have to flash your ECU back any time you know the vehicle is going in for a service where they will run a systems diagnostics.

Not too many stories from the Ranger group on this topic that i've seen. I freely admit that my own use of FORSCAN is quite limited as disabling auto start/stop was the reason for buying it. The GF is the coder and systems person in our household and she spent a few days digging through it, announcing it was "all pretty boring, not much to do". However, she would have no interest in adjusting the traction control settings. Will ask her tonight if she can pop back in there and give a look-see on this topic specifically.

Ranger5G's main FORSCAN page with the best info of what can be changed and who's doing what is the below:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/

And the thread i've been most interested in is this one:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/new-options-in-forscan.5638/

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model