First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For me I wanted either WT with leather and mod roof OR BL with MGV and MIC. The new MIC looks good enough I like it better now, the MGV saves me 2k because I don’t need leather. All the rest that come with the BL will increase the value on resale if I ever sell it.
BL for me just made more sense, but it was a hard call.
Sponsored

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hadn’t heard that yet...was afraid that might be the case...is it driven by the power seats? I want washout interior but I also want power seats.
At this point, Ford won't do power seats with the washout interior. If you "upgrade" the MGV seats in the Badlands, you get leather-trimmed power seats and a carpeted interior. I'm kinda hoping they offer a MGV power seat option for 22, but I'm not holding my breath.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t decide. Tell me which one you ordered and why.
Wildtrak. I live on an ungraded dirt road which is intermittently sandy/muddy depending on the season, but I do not need the extra sway bar option. I like the Badlands interior better, but I need a step which I can't get on the Badlands (not from factory), and I need fog lights, which are strangely unavailable on the Badlands. I also like the black-out feature of the Wildtrak, but that is not the main reason I chose it.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I made my resevation last July we didn't know any real details about the various models and I thought the WildTrak was the way to go, so that was my reservation.

Then more info, pics/videos, and the B&P became available. Ohhhhh booyyyy...

I just could not get past that awful interior of the WildTrak and changed to Badlands. To me, that interior clashes with every paint color I'm interested in. In my opinion, it just doesn't work.

Buffalo Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted a Wildtrak but wanted a manual transmission more. So, Badlands it is.

Sponsored

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands for me.

1st order reason - Manual transmission with high/lux
2nd order reasons - sway bar disconnect, MGV/washout.

my brother in law is getting a wildtrak that will be sweet. Can’t go wrong either way!

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Want Sport mode, don’t need rock crawl mode. I like the WT A51 trim/stitching as I’m getting A51. I will be doing beaches and dirt/gravel and some mud trails. I’ll never do serious rock crawling but I imagine if I encounter something minor on the trails, the WT will be able to manage it fine without “rock crawl” mode or the sway bar disconnect. I like the Sasquatch and all gloss black wheels on the WT.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands for me, the mountains are closer to me than any desert speedway, and I'm sure it'll still be plenty fast. Rubicon trail is probably a pipe dream, but who knows, maybe in a couple years. I'll also take it to Moab for sure.
On a day to day basis I drive maybe 10 miles, if that. All residential streets, so a dedicated sport mode would never make much sense.

Just figure out what you're most likely to do day to day and then on vacations. I live nowhere near beaches I can drive on for example, and would not make that a vacation destination either, for me it's the mountains and deep woods.

Both will be very capable and few of us will probably ever reach the limits.

Can't wait!

Timeslayer

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier Mercedes GLC43
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went the Wildtrak route. We use the Bronco for cross country trips and it puts us in a scenario where we are un-hindered by nature and as comfortable as a bronco can make you. I don’t do rock crawling but have done miles of primitive roads in west Texas and New Mexico as well as snow in New England and sand on the gulf. This is a fun vehicle and I’m sure you’ll be happy with your choice.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was an easy decision for me. I was looking for a 2022 2dr either Badlands or WIldtrak, and called a friend of mine at a Ford dealership. Lucky for me, that morning someone decided that they didn't want their Area 51 Badlands that just came in. Gave him a deposit over the phone and got it for list. No waiting. Leather seats, 2.7L auto. I lucked out. Completely deleted my rear seats, and after a year, I'm still loving this thing. I had a few manual Jeeps and found an auto much better off-roading. Besides, I developed a leg injury that prevents me from driving a clutch properly. The only thing I wish it had was the rubber flooring instead of the carpet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy choice for me; Badlands because the Wildtrak isn’t available with the manual transmission.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After several, fun theoretical build a Bronco exercises, it was the Badlands for me.

2 Main reasons a 7 speed transmission and under $50k.

MGV upholstery in the color I liked.

I wanted a factory delivered, serious 4WD vehicle that could handle any mall parking lot in the lower 48.

And finally, I mean c’mon …. It’s right there in the name … Badlands…. What’s a better off road capable vehicle name than that ??!!
Sponsored

Last edited: