Can’t decide on which interior to get on the Badlands

WacoBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus GX 460, 2020 GMC Sierra AT4 (Company)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Badlands. 7MT. Lux. Leather. Non-sas. I wanted the best build with MT. This is it. I didn't know that the leather comes with the carpet. This makes it perfect. I was a little worried about dropping close to 60k for rubber floors. I just sold my rebuilt fj 60, so I'm ready to see this bronco....in another year or so!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Melissa948

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Badlands. 7MT. Lux. Leather. Non-sas. I wanted the best build with MT. This is it. I didn't know that the leather comes with the carpet. This makes it perfect. I was a little worried about dropping close to 60k for rubber floors. I just sold my rebuilt fj 60, so I'm ready to see this bronco....in another year or so!
Leather does come with carpet

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual seats for me!

All power seats WILL eventually fail and can be very difficult to replace depending on what position they got stuck in. Try unbolting the seat rails when the seat failed and is blocking access to those bolts.

I have worked for several independent shops and have replaced DOZENS of seat motors or related mechanicals on everything from BMW's to Hondas. I have not replaced a single manual seat mechanism.

Also, the parts to repair power seats usually aren't inexpensive if you choose OEM or similar quality replacements.

My F150 has 267k miles, my Volvo 240 has 300k+ miles (infamous broken odometer so unknown mileage) and my BMW 320i had 330k with no manual seat issues whatsoever.

My 98 Grand Marquis has power seats and they started to fail around 100k.

I love technology and convenience, but for the seats I say keep it simple.
With that logic *everything* will eventually fail, it's merely a matter of time. 22 years in now on my 'vette and the power seats still work fine. Important to note that they get used EVERY single time as when you start the car the steering wheel extends and moves down and the seats move up to the memory position and when you stop and remove the key the reverse process takes place, making it easier to get out of the car. 16 years on my Acura and power seats still working fine, too. I'm going MGV and, absent the memory feature, the combo of leather/carpet and amnesiac power seats isn't compelling but I wouldn't hold off ordering power because I fear they will fail some day.

My Dad refused to ever option power seats, mostly because he was cheap frugal but he would say "What if you drove into water, how would you get out?". :oops:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have kids, MGV and washout floors please. Plus I might actually take this thing off-road and <gasp> get it dirty.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes you just need a washout interior and MGV would be better than leather. Just sayin’. 😁
90BDD6D8-3BEF-4000-93F2-265BD281725F.jpeg
4077EC49-F664-4D69-8905-93B07061A91D.jpeg

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With that logic *everything* will eventually fail, it's merely a matter of time. 22 years in now on my 'vette and the power seats still work fine. Important to note that they get used EVERY single time as when you start the car the steering wheel extends and moves down and the seats move up to the memory position and when you stop and remove the key the reverse process takes place, making it easier to get out of the car. 16 years on my Acura and power seats still working fine, too. I'm going MGV and, absent the memory feature, the combo of leather/carpet and amnesiac power seats isn't compelling but I wouldn't hold off ordering power because I fear they will fail some day.

My Dad refused to ever option power seats, mostly because he was cheap frugal but he would say "What if you drove into water, how would you get out?". :oops:
Completely agree. Been driving since the late seventies and not once had a power seat failure. At KOH, the Trail Turn Assist failed on multiple vehicles and you don't see people complaing about that, lol. Bigger deal than your simple power seat.

For those that don't think memory is necessary, I'd say you have never had to adjust the seat up and down like these do between different height drivers. There is a lever that you have to pump up and down to get the height set. It's not as simple as sliding the seat forward and back which is easily doable. For all the other tech, a memory seat should really be no big deal to add on the Lux package.
Sponsored