MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not one for $800, mudflaps or headlights, $200 shackles or emblems and stuff, but I'm happy spending the extra money on the 2.7, since I'll be enjoying it for 10 or 20 years. If I was to trade every 2 years, I'd get the 4-banger, it should be more than adequate, just not as fun.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good point. There is something like an 800lbs difference between the lowest weight 2-door and heaviest 4-door Bronco. Especially if the owner is the type of person who loads the vehicle with extras and brings the kitchen sink on trips, the V6 is probably the ticket.

My 2-door manual trans with 2.3L engine is agile and fun to drive, but maybe if loaded down with an extra 1000lbs of stuff, it would not feel so sprite.
When I reserved my Base 2 door, I wanted the most fun to drive and quickest Bronco I could get. It would be the lightest weight one with the biggest engine. Simple formula power to weight. I looked at all the charts, options and the weights. The Base 2 door is the lightest of all of them. So Base 2 door it is. But I had to have just one option- Sasquatch. (Well 2 options I got the 2.7.) Tires and wheels are heavy as heck but it still moves out pretty good and is very fun to drive and great off road and on trails perfectly stock with no mods. Given what I know I would still order the same exact one again I like it so much.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I reserved my Base 2 door, I wanted the most fun to drive and quickest Bronco I could get. It would be the lightest weight one with the biggest engine. Simple formula power to weight. I looked at all the charts, options and the weights. The Base 2 door is the lightest of all of them. So Base 2 door it is. But I had to have just one option- Sasquatch. (Well 2 options I got the 2.7.) Tires and wheels are heavy as heck but it still moves out pretty good and is very fun to drive and great off road and on trails perfectly stock with no mods. Given what I know I would still order the same exact one again I like it so much.
My OBX might be lighter than the Base Sasquatch. My OBX weighed 4416# on delivery.

BigCanadian

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got the Bronco you're looking for with the 2.3 in it. I went this way because I had to have the manual. When comparing to the Mustang I got rid of for it, it doesn't have any power, so if you compare it to the Camaro you have, you would be disappointed, but that would be the same if you went with the 2.7 as well. Totally different vehicle and ball game though.

I've got no regrets with the 2.3 at all. It still has more power than a Wrangler with the 3.6 in it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that is a good choice. I would probably have gone with that base V6 auto with Sas route, if still living in Colorado and off-roading every other weekend.

On the other hand, all my off-roading in Colorado was in a collection of automatic and manual CJs and Land Rover, with open diffs, worse crawl ratios and less power than the new Bronco. Many of us ran that way all over the state, and had a blast doing it. So I think my base manual 2.3L will get the job done. Sas package would have cost me an extra $7k, and asthetically I don't care for the Sas flares or wheels.

It's whacked, my buddy's wife has a loaded Sas Bronco, on paper the specs beat my Bronco, but hers will never leave the pavement. Strange times.

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3 for the Manual.

I got 48k and drove to Florida twice with it, definitely a solid beast

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you are going to get automatic, get the 2.7- especially with the heavier 4 door. If you go 2 door, and get smaller tires the base would be super fun to drive. If you get larger tires like Sas you could still get the manual although the 2.7 is pretty quick and fun to drive and fuel efficient for what it is. I have 2 door Sas Base with 2.7, love it and get pretty good MPG almost 23.
I have the 2-door with the 2.3 and auto trans. I upgraded to the 4.27 gearing with rear lockers.. super fun, plenty of power. If I had opted for the 4 door I would have went 2.7 bigger engine for sure.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the four door with 2.3 MT ford performance tune, CAI, axel back dual exhaust, Pedal commander, and BOV. not missing any power or speed. plenty of power. Plenty of pep. Will crawl up a wall. Can get to 70 -90 in a few seconds to pass if needed. Love the manual and controlling shift points. Drove a 2.7 and didnt notice much difference. Also drove a Raptor. Def noticed a difference. lol.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that is a good choice. I would probably have gone with that base V6 auto with Sas route, if still living in Colorado and off-roading every other weekend.

On the other hand, all my off-roading in Colorado was in a collection of automatic and manual CJs and Land Rover, with open diffs, worse crawl ratios and less power than the new Bronco. Many of us ran that way all over the state, and had a blast doing it. So I think my base manual 2.3L will get the job done. Sas package would have cost me an extra $7k, and asthetically I don't care for the Sas flares or wheels.

It's whacked, my buddy's wife has a loaded Sas Bronco, on paper the specs beat my Bronco, but hers will never leave the pavement. Strange times.
Nice. And I know where you coming from and totally agree. Back in the 70's and 80's when I first learned to drive and went hard core 4 wheeling too, I had 2 early Broncos, a Toyota Land Cruiser and a Jeep CJ. All had open diffs. My first vehicle ever was a 71 Ford Bronco with 170 CI six and 3 on the tree with stock and small street oriented tires. All of them would go practically anywhere. I got stuck maybe once. Even HP did not matter, that Bronco barely had 100 HP. Today's base Bronco with 300 plus HP will go anywhere and then some. I got Sas Base as it was a deal at the time even though I only go on light trails now.
Sponsored