Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My vote is for the 2.7 Eco due to Port/direct injection and it’s more powerful when i need to tow. Tow ratings are the same but ones gonna do it better and get better fuel economy when it’s working less hard. I’m also more familiar with it having had it in 2 F150s and liking it. If the 2.3 was the same as in the 24 Mustang Ecoboost i wouldn’t have minded the 2.3. But it’s not which is a fail on fords part IMO since it has the Port/Direct injection and has more power and Tq.
Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you’re concerned about being neg’d for not getting the “bigger” engine then get the v6.

both engines are fine. At the end of the on-ramp you’re still driving a heavy brick with offroad tires.

if you plan to do any heavy towing, which won’t really be that heavy due to the low tow rating, then get the v6.

if the dealer has the one you want at a good price, buy it regardless of the engine.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.7 with procal ...love it.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
To the OP. Do not get the 2.3. The superior power output of the 2.7 even helps its gas mileage(If you keep out of the turbos). Mine will get 21.5-24 on the highway. Also I thought the 2.3 in my Ranger was kind of a dog. It always seemed like its breathing was constricted. Rougher than my SIL's 2.3 that was a year older. The 2.7 is a beast. And I've been driving for 51 years. I am so glad I got 2.7/advanced/sasquatch.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are pros & cons for both. The I4 will be cheaper to maintain & easier to work on, but will never put the torque down low like the v6. The power delivery is different with the I4 being higher in the revs to build torque. Then there will be those that will say just get a tune, again tuning the v6 & low end torque smokes the I4 if both tuned.
If you are going to throw big tires & lift at it, the v6 will be better & more forgiving overall. You can also not just compare final drive ratios 4.46, 4.7 etc.. without comparing transmission ratios. other than the crawler gear, the 10 speed is more versatile & geared lower & that is why the manuals will have the 4.7's. It won't be apples to apples.
GLWD $.02 🤠

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey, @the OP, I have a 2.7. Like you, I have go fast vehicles. I have a 68 GTA that puts 400/425 on the ground. I have a 21 GT500 that puts 820/690 to the ground. So I understand the need for speed.

I went with the 2.7 v6 because though the 2.3 was not bad, I knew I was going to be rolling bigger tires and such so I wanted the extra Umph from the 2.7. As usual, I have modded so I am sitting on a Ford tune, upgraded turbosmart BOV, Injen CAI, charge pipes, down pipes, and a Magnaflow exhaust. I will have the intercooler once Injen releases it. I run 93, and I can tell you, Jessabelle can lift her skirt up and go into a full sprint with no problems.

Yes, the Bronco is not a race car, but lol it puts a smile on my face every time I leave someone wondering what the hell just happened, or when they hear that blow-off go. Also on the trails it's a blast. No problems going up vertical climbs or other things. As for MPG's well yeah, I did not buy a Prius, but that said I can get 15/17 out of her if I drive it correctly.

I know this was longer than I thought, but I will say, get the 2.7. Modd it, Modd it not, but it will put a smile on your face either way.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

if the dealer has the one you want at a good price, buy it regardless of the engine.
This is a good statement right here.

Pros and cons to both, but you aren't really missing out either way you go.

Gregus73

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I replaced my 1SS for my Bronco. My suggestion is to test drive both.
For higher altitudes would get the 2.7.

If going automatic, would get the 2.7 over the 2.3.

Plenty of pep with the 2.7 twin turbo. I found the 2.3 to feel peppy enough and would have really enjoyed it with the stick.

Would get the 2.7 with the Sasquatch package, but that is just me.

Last edited:

danofcrowhill

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the 2.3 because I wanted the 7MT, and I can tell you that running 93 and using a Sprint Booster has been a ton of fun. Specifically the Sprint Booster was a game changer, as it removed the pedal lag that Ford (any manufacturer with drive-by-wire, really) programs in to pad out the numbers.
I also went with the 2.3 just for the MT(2 door)...Love it! I might regret it if I had to haul a camper over some pass, but for everyday fun, it's a blast. It's my 4wd sports car!

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Define your needs then buy what meets or comes close to meeting your wish list.
Post Pro Cal HP/TQ numbers according to Ford. On 93 Octane. You can run lower octane you just lose values but they are still superior to non tuned motors. One thing not mentioned here but in many other posts is the big improvement in shift mapping made to the 10 speed by the Pro Cal.
Peak torque = 385 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 330 HP at 5,500 RPM

Peak torque = 433 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 355 HP at 5,500 RPM

bmtul

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak; Abarth 124
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good Afternoon
I want a 2022+ Badlands with all the goodies—leather seats, a big screen, etc. I am stuck between Turbo 4 and TTV6.
I want my engine to be reliable and decent on gas (yes I know it's a brick moving through the air) I live in NYC where stop-and-go traffic is king but I do plan on offroading. Im coming out of a Camaro 2SS V8 so I do want something that will be quick.

Should I do the Turbo 4 and get Ford's Pro Cal or TTV6? Whatever I get will have a warranty from Ford.
V6… 2 door… not many here in nyc!

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had the 2.3 in my 22 base; power, good, gas mileage, OK, noise it makes, BAD.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a BL with 2.3 auto. Great motor. Plenty of power. I run 93. V6 would offer a little more power for sand hill steel climbs. Also has the hill descent assist if that’s what it’s called. Doesn’t sound like you need more than the 2.3. You won’t be disappointed. 2.3 might need intake cleaning when mileage gets high. 2.7 might need cam phasers replaced a few times. 2.3 is less invasive and cheaper service.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are going to get automatic, get the 2.7- especially with the heavier 4 door. If you go 2 door, and get smaller tires the base would be super fun to drive. If you get larger tires like Sas you could still get the manual although the 2.7 is pretty quick and fun to drive and fuel efficient for what it is. I have 2 door Sas Base with 2.7, love it and get pretty good MPG almost 23.
Sponsored