HopeHawk76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm shopping for a 2-door base/big bend bronco in the houston area right now and Raptors seem way more abundant on the lots than what i'm looking for. Every salesman takes a flyer to see if i'm interested and we just have to chuckle.
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, so much off topic Raptor hate here.

I went wheeling in Glamis this weekend with mine and it was so beyond shit eating grin making. The high speed section heading South to I-8 at nearly 70 mph in deep sand whoops was unreal. Running it hard in Baja mode with manual shifting - just beyond glorious. I love my big booty fenders and having 4 doors for my family and... believe it or not... these were utterly invisible during this rip.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When Fords raises the MSRP 20k in one year that will do it along with reducing how its optioned, a 24 is basically loaded to start.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wow, so much off topic Raptor hate here.

I went wheeling in Glamis this weekend with mine and it was so beyond shit eating grin making. The high speed section heading South to I-8 at nearly 70 mph in deep sand whoops was unreal. Running it hard in Baja mode with manual shifting - just beyond glorious. I love my big booty fenders and having 4 doors for my family and... believe it or not... these were utterly invisible during this rip.
Not hate. Disappointed Ford jacked the 23/24 Raptor price like the Lightning and Mach-E and we know how sales collapsed (in late 2022 and early 2023) and then spiked (in Q4 of 2023) when prices were cut. Also disappointed Ford decided to build so many higher margin high priced Broncos and cut the Base. It's more proof that carmakers have no desired to make affordable vehicle are obsessed with high margin overpriced junk.

Most Raptor owners will never Baja-mode their vehicle nor visit areas like Glamis. IMO the regular Badlands/Wildtrak is just as competent as an off-roader and since they are narrower - more suitable for trails found in the Southeast/Florida.

IMO at $96K there are many other alternative vehicles I'd rather own.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not hate. Disappointed Ford jacked the 23/24 Raptor price like the Lightning and Mach-E and we know how sales collapsed (in late 2022 and early 2023) and then spiked (in Q4 of 2023) when prices were cut. Also disappointed Ford decided to build so many higher margin high priced Broncos and cut the Base. It's more proof that carmakers have no desired to make affordable vehicle are obsessed with high margin overpriced junk.

Most Raptor owners will never Baja-mode their vehicle nor visit areas like Glamis. IMO the regular Badlands/Wildtrak is just as competent as an off-roader and since they are narrower - more suitable for trails found in the Southeast/Florida.

If you don't see the off-topic Raptor hate here then you are not reading the posts thus far. I certainly wasn't thinking of your prior post.

High margin, sure. Junk - Hmmm, that's a bit o' hate...

Disagree about Baja mode. It can be used anywhere, sand is not required.

IMO, the non-Raptor models are in an entirely different playing field.

Being narrow is an extremely narrow definition of competence. Use a SxS, quad or heck a dirt bike clearly wins in this metric...

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

We have all heard the mantra about most broncos will never be used or used much, off road, let alone the raptor. I think that is truer for the non-raptors especially sub-wildtrack/badlands models. But it would be interesting to know the actual percentage of broncos that get wheeled especially raptors. It seems that a vast majority of those folks on BroncoRaptor.com are definitely off-roaders.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you don't see the off-topic Raptor hate here then you are not reading the posts thus far. I certainly wasn't thinking of your prior post.

High margin, sure. Junk - Hmmm, that's a bit o' hate...

Disagree about Baja mode. It can be used anywhere, sand is not required.

IMO, the non-Raptor models are in an entirely different playing field.

Being narrow is an extremely narrow definition of competence. Use a SxS, quad or heck a dirt bike clearly wins in this metric...
Narrow generally means that it can fit down the same trail as a Jeep. In the SE, the trails were all made by old Jeeps. Some of them a normal bronco has trouble fitting down. I guarantee a Raptor is gonna bee too wide. So in that sense, itā€™s a real issue.

OP
OP
Valhalla

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Narrow generally means that it can fit down the same trail as a Jeep. In the SE, the trails were all made by old Jeeps. Some of them a normal bronco has trouble fitting down. I guarantee a Raptor is gonna bee too wide. So in that sense, itā€™s a real issue.
Vrtical runs windrock fine with me. i don't disagree about trails being forged by jeeps. I would say as you move toward the double diamond trails they tend to be more around Raptor width. It's not how big you are, but what you can squeeze it through. i'm not looking for more doors. If i were Raptor would be great. I'm building mine into what i want. i plan to keep it a long time.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, unless they got rid of those aweful wheel flares and replaced them with proper fenders and quarter panels.
I agree they look silly in factory form. But they are neat cars. Just too stupidly expensive.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Raptor is purpose built for Baja type speed work, not narrow trails. It can do remarkable things in rocks, snow mud and sand, but it wasnā€™t designed for being shoe horned through skinny confines. Not to say that they wonā€™t be subject to them!

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Raptor is purpose built for Baja type speed work, not narrow trails. It can do remarkable things in rocks, snow mud and sand, but it wasnā€™t designed for being shoe horned through skinny confines. Not to say that they wonā€™t be subject to them!
You should see me in the PW when I would go out with Jeeps on certain trails and passes and such.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should see me in the PW when I would go out with Jeeps on certain trails and passes and such.
My hatā€™s off to you! Seriously. I got some good scrapes on mine in Moab recently and have seen some photos of these beasts barely getting through a tight fit. But for the critics that dismiss the raptor because of its width, well it all gets back to its primary purpose, kick that corral open, gallop in open space and run free and wild! Is this a great country or what? šŸ˜

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah the bronco raptors have had a higher base msrp than the f150's for a while now.
Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s a course correction on them soon. But unfortunately, if people continue to buy them at that price thereā€™s no need.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m sure every $100K 2022/2023 Jeep Grand Wagoneer will eventually sell but a manufacturer needs to realize the point you become irrelevant and buyers move on to the next thing. Bronco Raptor at such a high price is cutting it close now as some dealers in certain markets have a few in stock for even a little off MSRP and have been turning down allocations on them.

Manufactures should avoid having that next douchebag vehicle that people make fun of for buying like the Hummer H2 became. Much lower pricing on Braptor would help bring in new buyers that would help keep it relevant.

Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s a course correction on them soon. But unfortunately, if people continue to buy them at that price thereā€™s no need.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands