Sponsored

What are you giving up to get a Bronco ?

HJ61DON

Badlands
First Name
don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cayenne turbo s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys,

My first post, put in a reservation in September for 4 door BL. I recently moved to the usa and purchased a 2006 cayenne turbo s and fitted some open country tires to it for moderate exploration duties.

I am now on the fence as my old cayenne is fully loaded and is a pleasure to drive. Clearly will be nowhere as capable as the BL offroad. My cayenne was a cash purchase, my ideal BL build will run around 56k which I would be financing. Roughly 1k per month seems like a lot for not a lot of difference in driving experience (on road at least).

Anyway just wanted to ask what people are trading in or selling to get into a new bronco and if they are starting to maybe question if their old beloved landcruiser (for example) would be difficult to give up....

Would be interested to see what the old vs the new feelings are ?

Thanks
Sponsored

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good first post!

TL;DR, I'm giving up lots of cash and a lot of the features I have in my higher-spec outback :)

I'll be trading by '18 outback 3.6r touring. Leather, adaptive cruise, nice little things like heated auto dimming side mirrors, quiet, good in snow, decent road manners.... I expect the bronco to offer me less in terms of convenience, creature comforts and road behavior (probably going with mid pack option) all at higher purchase price. I think I like the bronco more, though. It's got that neat removable top and looks a lot cooler. It'll be my first turbo'd vehicle, which is exciting to me. I get a few good months of summer here, and plan to put around in the bimini top... should be fun!

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not giving up anything. Adding the Bronco to my fleet and eating the 60k because I could be dead tomorrow. YOLO.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This was a the basis of a thread a while back. My answer is pretty much the same. I'm giving up the right one.

OP
OP

HJ61DON

Badlands
First Name
don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cayenne turbo s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read with interest. Is anyone concerned that the first "test drive" i would imagine would be the one in the car they now own ? Most car purchases i have done are also based on how the car feels to drive and the character of the engine and drivetrain. Shockingly underwhelming cars like the rr evoque come to mind in terms of the engine feeling as dynamic as a piece of cardboard and the ride completely wooden. I guess this engine is a common ford engine so you could have an idea on how the car would feel

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Read with interest. Is anyone concerned that the first "test drive" i would imagine would be the one in the car they now own ? Most car purchases i have done are also based on how the car feels to drive and the character of the engine and drivetrain. Shockingly underwhelming cars like the rr evoque come to mind in terms of the engine feeling as dynamic as a piece of cardboard and the ride completely wooden. I guess this engine is a common ford engine so you could have an idea on how the car would feel
Go drive a Ranger, and a 2.7 equipped F-150.

Also when you take delivery, don't buy it if you don't like it.

And for the OP, a $1000/month car payment is ridiculous. Better put some money down.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Corolla is probably the most pure expression of what a car should accomplish as a tool. Great car tbh
A Corolla, like any modern Toyota, is simply an appliance. They have no soul.

I've got a few wrenches with more soul than a Toyota.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not giving up anything. Adding the Bronco to my fleet and eating the 60k because I could be dead tomorrow. YOLO.
This right here.

Im keeping my other vehicles and adding to the fleet. First new vehicle I've bought, pretty excited.

My driveway is sometimes affectionately referred to as a "used car lot" by friends.

20200709_173258.jpg

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aside from more money than what the idea of a Bronco is worth, not much. I am due for a new vehicle. It might as well be a Bronco as I am a Ford guy since age 16.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Corolla is probably the most pure expression of what a car should accomplish as a tool. Great car tbh
It's been the best budget car I could ask for, and the dealership threw in free lifetime oil changes when I bought it!

BDSQACH

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger... Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Base
On road your going to question your sanity. Off road you will appreciate everything that questioned your sanity. You will not take it to it's limits.

I question the short and long term success of the Bronco. I hope for the best.

But I know one thing for sure: This car has been reimagined by what used to be the largest car manufacture in the world and will be the last greatest attempt to build an off-road vehicle with a soul.

I plan on buying one because future models or future vehicles will continue to decline to side with environmental standards or customer trends.

Everyone has different reasons; but, for me this seems like it will be the last chance to get a true off-road vehicle with a manual transmission. (Yes I know how AT is soo much better...)

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond