Sponsored

What toy (or something else) are you giving up to obtain your Bronco?

Are you selling a project, toy, or extra vehicle to purchase the new Bronco?

• Total voters

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Selling my wife's car for it ?
Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Selling a 2016 Challenger Hellcat.
It's sold actually. Damn... that didn't take very long. Still have my motorcycle as a toy. Daily is a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about selling the STI and dumping the money into the Bronco. But I like having a quick car so I may not. I've previously done that were I went from a sports car into a 4x4 and although I loved the 4x4 whenever I saw sports cars or cars that looked like mine go ripping down the street I wished I still had one so much to the point I'd sell the 4x4 and get a sports car. Then the cycle repeated with buying a 4x4. This time I think I should keep it.

Alternatively, I look at the cost of the Badlands and I can't help but seeing that money going to something else. I miss my old '69 Camaro basically every day. I could get a badass one for that cost. I prefer to daily driver cars that other people call toys. I've tried the sensible DD before and it didn't last long.

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, I’ve just put some of my projects on hold for my challengers; headers, splitter and a few others. Just trying to save as much money for a down payment so my wife can have this car for herself.
So it seems I have found yet another way that you and I cross paths, 4lyfe. I have the Mustang now, but I used to have a Charger SRT8. Have you by chance ever heard of Colorado Dodge Challenger Club (CDCC)?

fratedog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer,Bronco, Bmw R1200Rs,Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm selling a MINI Cooper S droptop.... I'm psyched to be able to go places that the go kart can't, with wind in my hair. Will keep 2 euro-trash(TIC) motorcycles to enjoy paved twisties......beemer, triumph.

Sponsored

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been running the debate with myself. I'm a sports car guy, so even if I had a Bronco, there's no way that I can go without something that I can go beat on at the track. Wondering if I should swap my "expensive" Mustang car payment with the Bronco, and then get a cheaper sports car of a sort, whereas I have the nice sports car now, and the cheap beater 4WD. I think if I get a Bronco in the short term, both of these will go bye bye, and I really like the Mustang...

stangqx4.jpg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been running the debate with myself. I'm a sports car guy, so even if I had a Bronco, there's no way that I can go without something that I can go beat on at the track. Wondering if I should swap my "expensive" Mustang car payment with the Bronco, and then get a cheaper sports car of a sort, whereas I have the nice sports car now, and the cheap beater 4WD. I think if I get a Bronco in the short term, both of these will go bye bye, and I really like the Mustang...

Ford Bronco What toy (or something else) are you giving up to obtain your Bronco? stangqx4
In an urban area - go with the sports car. Other than having the top down which is fun, driving my Jeep in Chicagoland is mediocre. But my sports car is lots of fun on pavement.

On the other hand, back when I lived in the foothills of the Rockies in Colorado, 4x4 all the way. My sports car would have hardly gotten up our dirt road in winter, and forget about all the off-roading fun I did out there with my Jeeps and Rover.

I'm a big advocate of buying for actual utility usage - buy the vehicle with features that will actually be used in real life rather than the imagination.

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In an urban area - go with the sports car. Other than having the top down which is fun, driving my Jeep in Chicagoland is mediocre. But my sports car is lots of fun on pavement.

On the other hand, back when I lived in the foothills of the Rockies in Colorado, 4x4 all the way. My sports car would have hardly gotten up our dirt road in winter, and forget about all the off-roading fun I did out there with my Jeeps and Rover.

I'm a big advocate of buying for actual utility usage - buy the vehicle with features that will actually be used in real life rather than the imagination.
That's the real conundrum of my situation, I am one of the few that will actually use each of them for their intended useage. I hit the racetrack between once and twice a month during race season, seeing between 10 and 20 track days a year. On the 4x4 end, that isn't something I can live without. The stang will not make it around town in any bit of snow, and I indulge in all forms of fishing, ice fishing, camping, overlanding, shooting/hunting in areas where other's can't make it.

I need something fast, AND something that can go anywhere in any condition. I currently have that, but the QX4 has 213k miles and needs more than it's worth to keep it on the road. Tried a Taurus SHO a few years ago, and that wasn't sporty enough to scratch that itch, and not off-roady enough to go where I need to. Gotta have 2 cars I've learned.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought about selling the STI and dumping the money into the Bronco. But I like having a quick car so I may not. I've previously done that were I went from a sports car into a 4x4 and although I loved the 4x4 whenever I saw sports cars or cars that looked like mine go ripping down the street I wished I still had one so much to the point I'd sell the 4x4 and get a sports car. Then the cycle repeated with buying a 4x4. This time I think I should keep it.

Alternatively, I look at the cost of the Badlands and I can't help but seeing that money going to something else. I miss my old '69 Camaro basically every day. I could get a badass one for that cost. I prefer to daily driver cars that other people call toys. I've tried the sensible DD before and it didn't last long.
Don’t do it!! Lol if you can manage both, have both. I had a Scion TC and traded it in for a 2012 Corolla brand new, that car lasted a year. It was so boring and uninspiring it made me want to stab my eyes out, good MPG though. Then I went 2013 Camaro, 2017 Camaro, 2019 Challenger 6.4

The Bronco will be my wife’s car but it’s a compliment to my sports car. I don’t know how people drive boring cars and convince themselves it’s no big deal.

69 Camaro? Why don’t you have it??

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it seems I have found yet another way that you and I cross paths, 4lyfe. I have the Mustang now, but I used to have a Charger SRT8. Have you by chance ever heard of Colorado Dodge Challenger Club (CDCC)?
Yeah! I’m a member there haha! I’m planning the Halloween party for this years get together.

Sponsored

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sold my minty 2005 330 ci Even though it was mint with 75 k miles I worried not stop about repairs. Light bulbs were $100 ! Happy to move on

68DD02EF-860A-4635-B009-FB8026440208.png

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah! I’m a member there haha! I’m planning the Halloween party for this years get together.
That's hilarious. Honestly it's a great group of people, best car club I've ever been a part of. My neighbor was one of the original founders of the club, so once I moved in next door I've been involved off and on (regardless of what I'm driving that year, they always let me participate). We usually organize the "Southern Cruise" and other racing events for the club in the south part of the state that Duk doesn't organize. We have Family Feud coming up next weekend if you haven't already thought of attending! I'll be there in the stang.

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good luck with the sale! Beautiful car and I already miss mine a bit...

Mine sold in about 2 weeks for nearly asking price!
Thanks. I’m going to enjoy it for a while then sell it
Sponsored