Sponsored

What are you giving up to get a Bronco ?

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This right here.

Im keeping my other vehicles and adding to the fleet. First new vehicle I've bought, pretty excited.

My driveway is sometimes affectionately referred to as a "used car lot" by friends.

20200709_173258.jpg
Holy crap, you’re like a cat lady, but for cars and trucks!
Sponsored

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m not going to lie, I’m a little sad about this one. But looking forward to owning a trail capable vehicle that doesn’t feel like a flying death machine on our 80mph freeways.

66DECDAB-DFA9-4D67-9C73-9002F07BFAA4.jpeg

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m giving up a 2012 Ford Edge SEL. It won’t be worth much as a trade in but my vehicle must live in a multistory parking ramp. I have only one spot in the ramp - there can be only one!

That Edge has been good to us but it has zero cool factor. It wasn’t even cool when new; it was practical. It has been a perfect family hauler and has kept us safe on many road trips of 1300 mi. or beyond.

I’ll be giving up the carpet that won’t stay in place in the passenger footwell, the mud liner where we wore a hole clear through underneath the driver’s heel. I’ll give up a faulty door sensor that’s part of the lock itself. (common Ford defect of the era)

I will give up two key fobs that no longer work. A crapload of food debris down in the kids’ back seat. My kid’s dirty foot print on the ceiling that’s been there for 80K miles. Give up a layer of film on the window that absolutely resists Windex and paper towels. Give up that driver side headlight that is a major pain in the ass for changing the bulb. Give up the seatbelt that doesn’t want to retract unless spoon fed.

And give up the chariot that has been an integral part of our family’s life for almost a decade.

It’s time to make new memories.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've given up several hours of sleep so far. As for the rest it'll be the balance in cash money after probably selling the Grand Cherokee. I love that car and will be sad to see it go. Also a bit concerned about giving up the 4 door for a 2 door, but Broncos are supposed to be 2 doors so that's what we'll get. Only the wife and I with 2 dogs so shouldn't be an issue.

Jeep is giving up a JL Rubicon sale, that was going to be my next car if Ford didn't figure this Bronco sh*t out!!!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My friend has one that I drove and I just didn't even notice it ?‍♂ and my RS has it of course. The ford V6's (which I've driven A LOT) sound soo bad too that I just couldn't care less about the sound difference between the 2. They both suck equally
There was a video somewhere that has a Ranger with some type of down pipe(think that is the term), with a different exhaust. The video of it was on a muddy forest track and it sounded like a baby diesel. I thought it sounded pretty good myself.

Sponsored

Trav

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will likely (if price is right) be giving up a 2014 F250 6.7 Powerstroke.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m giving up on waiting for my first electric truck. Next ride will be electric in several years.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya'll are making me feel like I need to sell some stuff. I'm going to start looking around the house....

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I sold my 2018 mustang gt a few months ago.

Sponsored

ATX Madridista

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Black Diamond Sasquatch V6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just refinanced my house and am saving $475 a month. That will make my montly payments. I'll be using my Covid money, selling some stock, cashing in 200 hours of vacation time in order to put $20-25k down. I'll also be trading in my 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback I've done some mods to.

I plan on going all out on the Bronco purchase. I've waited a long time for this bad boy and am not going to spend money on something that's not exactly what I want.

33786398_10211368601842100_7432778365603414016_n.jpg

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My original plan was to sell my 2001 corvette to make room for a Bronco. But given the extended delivery timeline, I think I need a Jeep as a bridge vehicle. So I'll sell the corvette in the spring, buy a jeep, and then trade or sell the jeep when the Bronco comes in.

With all of the delays and late availabilities, I can't see getting my October res Bronco until sometime mid 2023.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ctjames

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
2019 4Runner for 2 dr Base Squatch. Giving up rock solid reliability and practicality for style and Fun! Really looking forward to the auto 4x4 as well, too many times I am frustrated by not having a non-binding system for mixed on-road conditions in the Northeast.
Sponsored