Sponsored

What are you giving up to get a Bronco ?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I beg to defer, test drove a Ranger to get a feel for the drivetrain. Could definitely hear that motor. 2.7 in full size trucks admittedly don’t sound great but a little better than the four. I wish it could have the coyote though.
My friend has one that I drove and I just didn't even notice it ?‍♂ and my RS has it of course. The ford V6's (which I've driven A LOT) sound soo bad too that I just couldn't care less about the sound difference between the 2. They both suck equally

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Time and Money. Mid September reservation. I am sure that I am in for a MY22. I plan to opt out placing a MY21 order and continue to aggressively attack my kids student loan debt and retire it this fall. I also have a wedding this coming August to pay for. I should be debt free for a short period until the Bronco arrives.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. 2002 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel with 244k, had for 12 years and put 150k on it. Best vehicle I’ve ever purchased and planned on keeping forever.

and

2. 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser with factory triple lockers, 258k also planned on keeping forever.

Lifelong Cruiser fanatic, Keeping the wife’s ‘13 Cruiser and will update that in a few years, but the Bronco will be my daily driver.
Damn dude, the excursion is gold. And the land cruiser pretty sweet too. I would for sure keep the excursion...

That being said, I'm keeping my lowly 2010, xl 2wd vinyl floor, cloth seats, single cab, no CD player, no power locks, door or windows, tuxedo black, 56k miles 6.5ft bed F150 cuz everyone needs a pick up truck and might as well keep the 05 sienna minivan cuz it's got 240k miles and is worthless and it serves us well.
So, I'll likely give up nothing more than the $45k.
When I don't have to pay for 2 kids in daycare anymore, I'll have more money to upgrade the f150 and my new 4dr BD!
Worst financial plan ever, and first and likely last new car purchase.

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My friend has one that I drove and I just didn't even notice it ?‍♂ and my RS has it of course. The ford V6's (which I've driven A LOT) sound soo bad too that I just couldn't care less about the sound difference between the 2. They both suck equally
Maybe I should qualify more. more power better and I will not put an aftermarket exhaust on the 2.7. Heard a few and not an exhaust note I care for. Also noticed your local, I believe you just might have a lot more room to enjoy that Bronco than I. Not much for off-roading around here.

Sponsored

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Decided to get a 4 door Bronco and will sell my 2006 Land Cruiser. I debated between keeping the LC and getting a 2 door Bronco, but decided to thin the herd and go down to one all-around SUV. Also wanted something modern for a change. I also priced a new Defender and it spec’d out at >$75,000. That makes it too expensive to off road in Baja For me...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyway just wanted to ask what people are trading in or selling to get into a new bronco and if they are starting to maybe question if their old beloved landcruiser (for example) would be difficult to give up....
I'm giving up a briefcase full of cash, paid out over 60 equal installments at 2.19% interest. ?

We're down to one car at the moment as each fledgling that leaves the nest seems to take 4 wheels with them. Another one is coming (leaving) maybe within a year of the Bronco's arrival, so if it hadn't been the Bronco, it probably would have been another fun car plus a basic used car for the departing offspring. So the net price probably would have been the same. (Fun car wouldn't work for all of our needs so we'd need to keep our current vehicle whereas the Bronco can do it all.)

swampgoat

Badlands
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 bronco xlt 5 speed manual, 2020 f350 tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
selling my 95 bronco so I can get a Badlands

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

About 600 dollars a month.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll let you know in a year when my early am 7/14 order arrives as a damn MY22.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About $46,000

In all seriousness I could prolly sell a can of 9mm ammo and buy a Bronco right now.

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not giving up anything. Adding the bronco to the fleet:

1980 Porsche 924
1997 Yamaha YZF1000R
1997 F250HD 7.3
2001 F250
2002 Yamaha YZF600R
2002 Outback
2005 Silverado
2019 Subaru Ascent

2021 Bronco will fit right in, and it doesn’t even need to go in the garage.

It’ll take the place of my ‘05 Silverado as a daily driver, which also happens to have 35s. So not much of a change other than turning radius.

But if I can swing 16” rims and 37s. Oh boy. Nowadays they call that “old school.”

Last edited:

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A 2015 BMW 335i M-Sport 6MT factory show car. exactly one of one made in this trim and option level. too many other fast cars, time to go play in the dirt.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Um, an actual f’ing horse.

GToddC5