Sponsored

What are you giving up to get a Bronco ?

Davidtp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Freedom of no car payments.
Debating just trading in my Jetta, but I like having a smaller car option in case I don't feel like driving around in a big boy bronco.
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nothing, I'm filling an open hole in my garage.

Miata - Fun car, future track machine.
F-100 - Daily cruiser
Motorcycle - motorcycle
Ranger - Project car
Bronco - off road/overland/beach car

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing, I'm filling an open hole in my garage.

Miata - Fun car, future track machine.
F-100 - Daily cruiser
Motorcycle - motorcycle
Ranger - Project car
Bronco - off road/overland/beach car
You garage looks an awful lot like mine. I have the motorcycle; I just got rid of the project car; my wife's DD is an F-150KR (she really wants a new Miata); and of course, the open hole where the Bronco will be.

Sponsored

Markkelly1965

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 09 Expedition, 77 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Read with interest. Is anyone concerned that the first "test drive" i would imagine would be the one in the car they now own ? Most car purchases i have done are also based on how the car feels to drive and the character of the engine and drivetrain. Shockingly underwhelming cars like the rr evoque come to mind in terms of the engine feeling as dynamic as a piece of cardboard and the ride completely wooden. I guess this engine is a common ford engine so you could have an idea on how the car would feel
I went last weekend to test drive a new Ranger since the Bronco is loosely based off of it. Quickly decided against the small motor because I can’t handle the sound of it. Plenty of power but very wimpy sound.

Sponsored

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a lease expiring on Ford Explorer. Have been happy with it. Like it better than the Grand Cherokee I had prior. The ingot silver reminds me of the Bronco iconic silver. Great colors. Metallic , easy to keep clean, doesn't show scratches. ,

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not giving up or selling anything for the Bronco. It’s a toy for weekends. I sold my last toy (FJ Cruiser) and want a better one. The thing I am giving up is my dream to buy a heavily built and restored Gen1 Bronco. This is replacing that as a wish.
For years, before this launch, I had looked for the right first gen Bronco or first gen Blazer. There were only two cars that would trigger me to get a new one...a convertible Subaru WRX/BRZ, or a proper Bronco with the full removable top. When Ford announced this new Bronco, my wife knew right away I was getting one. The base Bronco is the closest I can get to a classic, OG, Bronco, in styling and purpose.

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey guys,

My first post, put in a reservation in September for 4 door BL. I recently moved to the usa and purchased a 2006 cayenne turbo s and fitted some open country tires to it for moderate exploration duties.

I am now on the fence as my old cayenne is fully loaded and is a pleasure to drive. Clearly will be nowhere as capable as the BL offroad. My cayenne was a cash purchase, my ideal BL build will run around 56k which I would be financing. Roughly 1k per month seems like a lot for not a lot of difference in driving experience (on road at least).

Anyway just wanted to ask what people are trading in or selling to get into a new bronco and if they are starting to maybe question if their old beloved landcruiser (for example) would be difficult to give up....

Would be interested to see what the old vs the new feelings are ?

Thanks
I will be selling or trading in my low mileage JKU Sahara. Stock jeep, nicely loaded bought used with under 4K miles. Paid cash for the jeep, and I intend to pay cash for the Bronco WT with CO as the paint.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Giving up about $40k for a Basemansquatch as well as freedom from a car payment which I haven’t had in years. My wife wants me to sell my 2011 STi Just based on driveway congestion but it’s a keeper with too much $$ into to sell. Need to have the option to go fast sometimes too.
Agreed. My 2012 wrx hatch only has 86k miles on it and I never want to get rid of it. Amazingly fun car that is also practical.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I went last weekend to test drive a new Ranger since the Bronco is loosely based off of it. Quickly decided against the small motor because I can’t handle the sound of it. Plenty of power but very wimpy sound.
Lmao wut. You can barely even hear it in the Ranger.

I promise you Fords V6s sound just as bad.
Sponsored