Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe we can change trim level & door #’s during order placement.

per the OT: 2D versus 4D.

I’m in a similar decision tree. I reserved a 4D Badlands but recently the 2D has been pulling on my strings. It’s just so beautiful!

I had an 85 Bronco when I was a kid and loved it. Flipped it and I’ve always wanted another one.

I have two teenage girls who are almost the size of my
as wife and an aging dog. We camp as a family as often as we can, and I get out with the boys a few trips each summer to wheel, fish and crush beers. Weekend hiking trips with some legit wheeling to get to the trailhead were popular this summer.

I have a built 4D Tacoma that is highly capable. Frankly building the Bronco to exceed my Tacoma’s off-road capability will be a fun challenge. At the moment I’m planning to keep the Tacoma. We will need a third vehicle soon enough for the girls and I’m ready for a new truck. We just bought my wife a loaded Telluride so we have the urban SUV / road trip vehicle covered. Side note, the Kia is amazing.
As the kids have grown our adventures are starting to change. We are trending towards fewer multi day camping trips in favor for more frequent day adventures such as hiking or wheeling. Plus if the plan holds we can take both the Tacoma & Bronco on family camping trips.

That said the 2D is small and frankly my ladies all want a 4D so the politics are not in my favor. Kids keep saying “we won’t have room for the dog!” and they’re probably correct. However I have a rad wife and she has agreed that this is “Dad’s rig” so it’s my call.

if I ordered my Bronco today it would be a 2D.

Good luck!
Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Get 4 door and base

Cholondo

Heritage
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chief Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This is from Fords website FAQ
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#faqs

Can I make changes to my reservation?

You will be able to make changes and complete your Bronco configuration at the time you place your order.* The order conversion process will begin in December and run through January 31, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order

While vague, I think they would specifically say no if you weren't able to switch between 2 and 4 doors.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door > 4 door

Ford Bronco Can’t decide- 2 or 4 door 1605732416665

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is from Fords website FAQ
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/reservation-information/#faqs

Can I make changes to my reservation?

You will be able to make changes and complete your Bronco configuration at the time you place your order.* The order conversion process will begin in December and run through January 31, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order

While vague, I think they would specifically say no if you weren't able to switch between 2 and 4 doors.
No, you can switch trim and doors.

Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you want a Bronco, or something with four doors?

Four doors is more practical. If this is a 'toy' and you already have an Explorer for practicality, go 2-door.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, no brainer for me is to stick with the 4dr. Once the novelty of having the "cooler" 2dr wears off you will be disappointed with the access and cargo space. If you care about taking people and stuff on your adventures stick with the 4dr.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, some are going to call me crazy- it’s ok, they’re probably right! I reserved a base 4 door, and have stayed that course. Until now? Two kids, wife, dog, etc. has mostly dictated the extra cargo room of a 4 door. Don’t really need Sasquatch, but for just about the same price I could go 2 door basesquatch.

I like the thought of all the upgraded components (and the factory warranty on them) more than the 35s. No rock crawling here, Silver Lake would probably be the most extreme I’ll get. Might even consider swapping from 35 to 33’s at delivery, unless any west mi folks want to trade?

I know y’all are going to say it’s a no-brainer, get the 2 door. But I guess I’m one of the odd balls, I actually prefer the look of the 4 door, especially with doors and roof off. The loss in cargo space can be replaced with adding a receiver and using our hitch cargo carrier, and the kids are old enough to climb in the back.

Anyone else having a similar dilemma?
It’s always better to have more space than less space.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do wonder about ride quality , if you watch the videos from the reveal the 2dr sure bucks more than the 4dr

In the end it's a personal choice and my 79 worked just fine although that pass. seat flipping forward would have been nice to have carried over

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, some are going to call me crazy- it’s ok, they’re probably right! I reserved a base 4 door, and have stayed that course. Until now? Two kids, wife, dog, etc. has mostly dictated the extra cargo room of a 4 door. Don’t really need Sasquatch, but for just about the same price I could go 2 door basesquatch.

I like the thought of all the upgraded components (and the factory warranty on them) more than the 35s. No rock crawling here, Silver Lake would probably be the most extreme I’ll get. Might even consider swapping from 35 to 33’s at delivery, unless any west mi folks want to trade?

I know y’all are going to say it’s a no-brainer, get the 2 door. But I guess I’m one of the odd balls, I actually prefer the look of the 4 door, especially with doors and roof off. The loss in cargo space can be replaced with adding a receiver and using our hitch cargo carrier, and the kids are old enough to climb in the back.

I don't know after seeing pics of the 2dr by the 4dr, the 2dr looks like a Bronco, the 4dr looks like it is trying to be a H3 or something to me.

image2.jpeg

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

How old are your kids? If they are younger, and you pick them up from school, and you only have 2 doors, the teachers will HATE you, and give your kids an "F". Your kids will FIGHT to get in the car FIRST (Who gets to sit in front???) and the potentially BEST PART of your day (Cocktail Hour, etc etc...) will be shot to H***. GET THE 4 DOOR.

OP
OP
sliwa

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Top is Sasquatch, is the bottom on 30” tires? Does the Sasquatch package take care of the rake? Or is it just the angle of the pic?