Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 SXT 4x4, 1967 Mustang, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am curious what people are ordering and why. I will be at my local Ford dealers next week to place my order for the 2022 model. I am leaning towards ordering the 2 door. But cant quite make up my mind. (2 or 4 door), Either Baldlands or Outer Banks, squatch and fairly loaded. Any comments appreciated. My first post here and ENJOYING this site.
Flipped to 4dr while I wait for the two door build I really want........Sucks AMB will no longer be around.

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dammit Ruby Red you are not helping. Ha
Driving the 2 door sold me. I drove 2 / 4 door models. Oh yes they were sweet, smooth roomy, more storage. But me and the wife both have 4 door vehicles, Lincoln, R Rover. And the other thing for me (the old guy) was when Bronco came out. I had friends with the 2 door, memory lane. Like folks say, do what is right for you. My mind is made up now. 2 door. Best of luck in your choice.

Byrd-Burb

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban LT (Camper), 2017 Hyundai Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I originally said 2-door. But, the wife brought up a good point. This will be my daily driver and off-road toy. I'll have this thing long enough for us to have kids. 2-door and folding seats are not ideal for getting kids and their seats in and out of the back row. Those extra 2 doors are going to a welcomed addition.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I originally said 2-door. But, the wife brought up a good point. This will be my daily driver and off-road toy. I'll have this thing long enough for us to have kids. 2-door and folding seats are not ideal for getting kids and their seats in and out of the back row. Those extra 2 doors are going to a welcomed addition.
I have a kid. My wife said life is too short to compromise what you love for utility, especially when she already has an suv she loves that does most the kid moving anyway. Sure the rear facing baby seat in the back of the Bronco will be a pain but it will fit, and when he's old enough to flip forward it'll get even easier to put him in there.

Hell, by the time I get my bronco (aug21 res) he'll probably have his learners permit so baby seats won't be a concern.

Byrd-Burb

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban LT (Camper), 2017 Hyundai Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a kid. My wife said life is too short to compromise what you love for utility, especially when she already has an suv she loves that does most the kid moving anyway. Sure the rear facing baby seat in the back of the Bronco will be a pain but it will fit, and when he's old enough to flip forward it'll get even easier to put him in there.

Hell, by the time I get my bronco (aug21 res) he'll probably have his learners permit so baby seats won't be a concern.
Also a good point. I've had a 4-door sedan for the past 5 years now and I think i've had people in the back seats about 5 times. Didn't make the 4-door worth it off the bat for me. We'll be getting the wife a new Kia Soul before my Bronco (as soon as the model/color combo she wants is back in stock). Her car will certainly be able to transport us most of the time, however her car won't always be available when I need to drive the family. Like everyone else, I have time to think it all over.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get what you like. Most people posted a lot of the good rationale . I just saw a 4 door obx antimatter blue soft soft in the wild and thought it looked really good. Better in person than pictures. I was a 2 door guy but they did a decent job on the 4 door. In fact they should discontinue black and keep amb.

FB00233A-AD7F-4336-AAFB-9AF9BA23F715.jpeg

20DA7CF0-C1C4-4630-BEAA-B7F23AA3BC15.jpeg

B14A9028-F9D6-4604-9800-F4A08933ED40.jpeg

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
For 90% of bronco buyers, the 2 vs 4 door dilemma is looks vs practicality. If you have kids who will be going in and out of the back seat on a daily basis, 4 door seems like the clear choice. If it will just be you and a passenger most of the time, it would be hard to pass up the coolness of the 2 door.

If you’re one of that incredibly rare breed that actually thinks the 4 door looks as good or better than the 2 door, then the decision should be easy.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dammit Ruby Red you are not helping. Ha
I wanted a 2 door so bad, but the wife drives a Mustang, and my truck is a 2 door SuperCab that I ordered with the rear seat delete. When I memtioned a 2 door Bronco to the bride she said, "well, you know when we drive friends we always have to take the Jeep (4 door JL). I don't think it helped when I said, "I have enough friends, if I lose a few I would make much difference." :) BTW, I'm ordering a 4 door.:p

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted a 2 door so bad, but the wife drives a Mustang, and my truck is a 2 door SuperCab that I ordered with the rear seat delete. When I memtioned a 2 door Bronco to the bride she said, "well, you know when we drive friends we always have to take the Jeep (4 door JL). I don't think it helped when I said, "I have enough friends, if I lose a few I would make much difference." :) BTW, I'm ordering a 4 door.:p
Thanks. Im heading in today to change my order to 2 door. :)

I figured, I rarely if ever have anyone use my back seats in Subaru. Barely use the small trunk only when camping or skiing. So I am going to order 2 door. If I need more space for stuff, I will get rack and remove rear seats.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door. Broncos have 2 doors.
The Bronco Bus has more doors. The Baby Bronco,.....well, its a baby. Not a real Bronco.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YUP. This is absolutely what's pushing me to a four-door. We'll have kids and they'll grow up in the back of this vehicle. And a dog. And I saw a guy do a demo of storage in the back of his two-door and once he put the big pack of paper towels back there, wasn't much room for anything else.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer the 2 door personally, and it will likely only be just a toy for me. However there are personal reasons for the 4 door:

Likely better resale value
Power Seats(I have significant back issues/spinal stenosis and the reason I got rid of my Wranglers was that they killed my back, excited for the IFS for this reason)
Ride quality in longer wheelbases is better as well as you feel the bumps less.
Storage for traveling, family, pets etc
Wife, for some reason, prefers the 4 door :rolleyes:
All rea
I ordered a 2D. I get the utility of the 4D, but I don't need that much room and don't care to wheel with back seat passengers. My kids are grown, my friends have their own rigs, and I damn sure don't want to sleep in it. To top it off, I also have a '73 Bronco and I'm in the "real Broncos have two doors" side of the debate. :cool:
Same here brother!! Right along with you!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well looks like Yakima is teaming up with bronco for racks. So I guess 2 door is it. Going in Monday to change order!!! I’m a very late reservation holder August/21 and order. So my guess they shouldn’t have problems changing my badlands sas to 2 door.
Right on! Also, don't worry about the fuel mileage. If you are drinking enough,.. its tough to outlast that kind of distance. Get out stretch and stand back to admire that two door piece of art!!
Sponsored