Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I currently have 4 kids, the wife, two dogs, plus gear and carry everything in a yukon xl. The wife is already mad at me for planning on downsizing to the 4 dr Bronco. Since there's basically no chance for bench seats, i gotta figure out where to put the additional kid and gear. Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Michael Kist

Michael Kist

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door because pretty much everything is 4 door, and I grew up on a 2 door. Plus I am older and most of my kids are about out of the house and have their own cars. This is for me, not for them.
Kids on way out at my house. 2 door everyday all day. Lol

05retro

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra 1500, prior 71,74,78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the fence as well, been planning the 2dr; better looks, better off-road clearance, easier top removal. Will I take $50K new rig serial off-road, probably not for 1st few years. 2dr jeep PITA room wise, no room for soft-top, can't take cooler and chairs, backseat for small kids only.

Starting to lean towards the 4dr for better ride and room, also I may tow sleds in the winter and short wheelbase in snow/ice can be squirrelly. If enough room behind the rear seat for something the size of a good-sized cooler could go 2dr but leaning more towards 4dr as I get closer to order time.

Bronco's run in the family:
Dad was a vet, we had a couple early 70's V8 3-speed on the column Broncos that I learned to drive on when early teen. Gotta love V8 standard with 3-speed on the column. We then had 78 (1st year fullsize) that I took over in the 90's and sold 15 years ago.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 door, 7sp MT for me. I just wonder if the rear seat is removable. It's just me and my dog, so the extra cargo space would be nice.

OP
OP
Michael Kist

Michael Kist

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the fence as well, been planning the 2dr; better looks, better off-road clearance, easier top removal. Will I take $50K new rig serial off-road, probably not for 1st few years. 2dr jeep PITA room wise, no room for soft-top, can't take cooler and chairs, backseat for small kids only.

Starting to lean towards the 4dr for better ride and room, also I may tow sleds in the winter and short wheelbase in snow/ice can be squirrelly. If enough room behind the rear seat for something the size of a good-sized cooler could go 2dr but leaning more towards 4dr as I get closer to order time.

Bronco's run in the family:
Dad was a vet, we had a couple early 70's V8 3-speed on the column Broncos that I learned to drive on when early teen. Gotta love V8 standard with 3-speed on the column. We then had 78 (1st year fullsize) that I took over in the 90's and sold 15 years ago.
Really appreciate you view and details.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I currently have 4 kids, the wife, two dogs, plus gear and carry everything in a yukon xl. The wife is already mad at me for planning on downsizing to the 4 dr Bronco. Since there's basically no chance for bench seats, i gotta figure out where to put the additional kid and gear. Any ideas?
I mean there's a roof rack.

Aunt Edna didn't complain.
Ford Bronco 2 door or 4 door f15192eca057a412558f7c26fd0e4e53

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean there's a roof rack.

Aunt Edna didn't complain.
f15192eca057a412558f7c26fd0e4e53.jpg
Haha! This will definitely help sell it to the wife! Thanks for the laugh, and argument ammo!

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On the roof?

Sponsored

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i was 2-door gang for a while, but now i am closer to undecided. it will probably come down to cargo space behind the rear seats.
Same. Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s ā€˜enoughā€™ but as a video/cinematographer with lots of gear to lug around...Iā€™m not holding my breath

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2dr, just as my sig says

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door.

We are a family of 3 + a 40lb dog so I/we could probably make a 2 door work. Part of the reason for spending the money and waiting besides "Bronco" is that I need something that if it does not have a bed can tow a trailer and the 4 doors extra length helps with that. We are also toying around with buying a lot (empty lot) in a development that has a lake and lake rights...we would be getting a pontoon for another need for towing. Plus 4 door practicality and room just makes sense for us.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.