Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

However there are personal reasons for the 4 door:

Likely better resale value
Ford estimates 4drs will have 5% higher residuals across 2, 3, and 4 years, so while a brand new 4door costs 2500 more to buy, the 4 door is going to be cheaper to lease. This estimation is clearly made based on expected resale values. so using rough estimate numbers, paying 2500 more for a BB will produce 3300 in trade value in 3 years.

That being said, if you want to replace your vehicle in 3 years anyway, you should be leasing, not buying hoping resale value stays where it's expected. If it's higher you can always buy your lease and sell it. if it's lower you just walk away clean.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read somewhere, on another site. That on a 2 door Bronco order you could actually opt out of getting the rear seats installed. True or not, I couldnt say.
never heard of that, I'd say not true.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you absolutely have to have it in 2022, order the 4D. If you order a 2D now, you’re likely looking at a 2023 unless Ford increases the 2D mix rate (currently 19-20%)

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 door. Broncos have 2 doors.
And OMG, don't even get me started on how many Doors a Truck should have. If you want to carry stuff get a Truck with a proper long bed, if you want to carry people, get a SUV. An SUV with a shortened truck bed is an abomination. LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am more interested in why you are going to place an order for a MY 22 a week from now when the MY 22 ordering and B&P isn’t going to be available until October at the earliest. BTW, deep down inside EVERYONE knows and wants a two door Bronco.
Someone sent me a link. September 13th is the day Ford dealers start taking orders for the 2022 Broncos. I will let you know cause Monday I bring my Lincoln in for its scheduled oil change.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone sent me a link. September 13th is the day Ford dealers start taking orders for the 2022 Broncos. I will let you know cause Monday I bring my Lincoln in for its scheduled oil change.
It's been most likely pushed back to October

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a 2D. I get the utility of the 4D, but I don't need that much room and don't care to wheel with back seat passengers. My kids are grown, my friends have their own rigs, and I damn sure don't want to sleep in it. To top it off, I also have a '73 Bronco and I'm in the "real Broncos have two doors" side of the debate. :cool:

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talk me out of my 4 door order please.

Cons so far on the 2 door is less fuel range especially at my elevation, I would have to buy a rack for my skis and other gear, remove the rear seats for dog/crate to fit, shorter wheelbase will a bit less stable on snow/ice.

Plus side they look cool, more zippy and turn easier on tighter trails, and then second they look cool.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
2-Door
More comfortable/roomier front cabin area (B pillar location)
Longer doors
Tighter turning radius
marginally lighter

4-door
Easier access to back seat
Can theoretically sleep in it if you build a platform
Larger fuel tank
Less bouncy due to longer wheelbase
Bigger cargo area.

For me the cramped front seat in the 4-Door killed any desire for the 4-door. I'd hate driving it every day with my shoulder mashed up against the inside wall. Smaller gas tank in the 2-Door really sucks though.

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want to ad this, late this afternoon. I found a Ford dealer about 15 miles away. The had a 2 door mule. Small engine, stick shift. Well I never drove the 2 door. So I went to the dealer, it was a loaded model except for engine and trans. Sticker price 53k. I took it for a ride. Honestly, I LIKED IT for my needs. Kids are grown, they have their own cars. I have the 4 door suv Lincoln, the wifes picking up her new 4 door suv Monday. The 2 door will suit me fine. Reminds me of my hs days when they came out. "I Think" OB loaded will be my order. Race Red, Velocity Blue, Cactus Grey. Theres the next thing to figure (color) lol. Will let you all know. The 2 door drive today sold me. I only have myself to lug around. It was great. Thank you for all your replies to. Very interesting, everyones differant wants, needs, uses. Oh, its a pavement princess, cept for some cruisin on the beach.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Glen Welcome Glenn. The 2 door vs 4 door conundrum has been waged here since the beginning. It's like asking "when should I change the oil", or "should I buy a catch can". In the end it's ultimately which will serve your lifestyle the best. We can opine, but we all know what they say about opinions. :)

BTW, I suggest you hang around the forum for a while before you order. Learn things, because it's highly likey your dealer won't know shit. There's really no need to order now as the '22 order banks will open the mid/last of Sept, or Oct. No one is certain yet when that will actually happen. You'll just have to reorder then, because the '21 orders don't roll over to '22. And for goodness sake negoitate your pricing, and get it signed for verification. The horror stories here of folks not getting their price signed, and in writing will curl your hair.

Also, if you a able, and willing to buy out of town you may want to contact Tom at Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA @DealerInsider, or Zach and his grew at Granger Ford in Granger IA @Granger Ford. Both of these dealer have a huge presence here on the forum, and have taken the time to know everything about this fiasco we call Bronco. They are offering great deals below MSRP. I'll be driving the 1100 mile to Granger from North Carolina because of the great deal I recieved from Granger.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
T
@Glen Welcome Glenn. The 2 door vs 4 door conundrum has been waged here since the beginning. It's like asking "when should I change the oil", or "should I buy a catch can". In the end it's ultimately which will serve your lifestyle the best. We can opine, but we all know what they say about opinions. :)

BTW, I suggest you hang around the forum for a while before you order. Learn things, because it's highly likey your dealer won't know shit. There's really no need to order now as the '22 order banks will open the mid/last of Sept, or Oct. No one is certain yet when that will actually happen. You'll just have to reorder then, because the '21 orders don't roll over to '22. And for goodness sake negoitate your pricing, and get it signed for verification. The horror stories here of folks not getting their price signed, and in writing will curl your hair.

Also, if you a able, and willing to buy out of town you may want to contact Tom at Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA @DealerInsider, or Zach and his grew at Granger Ford in Granger IA @Granger Ford. Both of these dealer have a huge presence here on the forum, and have taken the time to know everything about this fiasco we call Bronco. They are offering great deals below MSRP. I'll be driving the 1100 mile to Granger from North Carolina because of the great deal I recieved from Granger.
Hank you for

Its one hour 20 minutes away. I will be glad to call. A buck is a buck. ..Thank you for the tip. I AM STAYING on the forum to. I like this place. I Like the people. I Like the comments. And I like THE BRONCO.
Sponsored