Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re not doing any hard core off-roading and you’re not into the 35s just for the aggressive looks, there is no reason to go Squatch. Also, as many have said, if you prefer the look of the 4-door, this seems like a no-brainer. I WISH I preferred the look of the 4-door. That extra room would be awesome.
Sponsored

mnpontoon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't forget about the spare tire hanging off the back if you intend to use a cargo carrier.
This is what I intend to do but you're right, that spare tire does complicate things a little. I think ideally I would like a narrower cargo carrier that fit in the rear of the 2 door (with the seats down) on top of a leveling platform I intend to build. That way you would have a level cargo area with basket most of the time, that could be removed and installed for additional external room as needed. Anyone know of a product like this?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two of us, so it's been 2 door from day 1. If I had kids/big dogs it would be a 4 door. Looks good either way to me, so it is a matter of practicality and $4000 for something I don't need...

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not married, no kids (never will) and one Siberian Husky.

A two door would meet my needs 90% of the time, but the other 10% involves camping and the dog and I'd rather not have my 75lb dog standing on the back of the seats.

when camping my GF and I have kayaks which would be on the roof, so would the interior cargo be enough? Probably not.

frustrating decision.

Sponsored

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, some are going to call me crazy- it’s ok, they’re probably right! I reserved a base 4 door, and have stayed that course. Until now? Two kids, wife, dog, etc. has mostly dictated the extra cargo room of a 4 door. Don’t really need Sasquatch, but for just about the same price I could go 2 door basesquatch.

I like the thought of all the upgraded components (and the factory warranty on them) more than the 35s. No rock crawling here, Silver Lake would probably be the most extreme I’ll get. Might even consider swapping from 35 to 33’s at delivery, unless any west mi folks want to trade?

I know y’all are going to say it’s a no-brainer, get the 2 door. But I guess I’m one of the odd balls, I actually prefer the look of the 4 door, especially with doors and roof off. The loss in cargo space can be replaced with adding a receiver and using our hitch cargo carrier, and the kids are old enough to climb in the back.

Anyone else having a similar dilemma?
I have a wife, two small kids, and two dogs. For what it's worth in making your decision, I haven't for a second considered the 2-door (I also, like you, prefer the look of the 4-door).

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, some are going to call me crazy- it’s ok, they’re probably right! I reserved a base 4 door, and have stayed that course. Until now? Two kids, wife, dog, etc. has mostly dictated the extra cargo room of a 4 door. Don’t really need Sasquatch, but for just about the same price I could go 2 door basesquatch.

I like the thought of all the upgraded components (and the factory warranty on them) more than the 35s. No rock crawling here, Silver Lake would probably be the most extreme I’ll get. Might even consider swapping from 35 to 33’s at delivery, unless any west mi folks want to trade?

I know y’all are going to say it’s a no-brainer, get the 2 door. But I guess I’m one of the odd balls, I actually prefer the look of the 4 door, especially with doors and roof off. The loss in cargo space can be replaced with adding a receiver and using our hitch cargo carrier, and the kids are old enough to climb in the back.

Anyone else having a similar dilemma?
I owned two 2Dr Wranglers before owning two 4Dr Wranglers. I was single w/no kids for them all. The 4Doors made life so much better! Did you ever try to wrestle a large piece of luggage into the back of a 2door Wrangler? It's maddening. People say "I'm not sitting in the back, so I don't care how difficult it is getting in and out of the back". Well, front seat passengers have to wait until the back seaters finish their contortions & gyrations before they too can get it. The storage space in the rear is pathetic. This is why luggage goes in the back seat! :)

Then there is the ride quality. I know, you think the 2 door somehow looks cooler. Well, I personally get the most bang for my buck when I'm actually driving my vehicle rather than looking at it and the ride quality of the 4 door is simply better than a 2 door. You can't get around that, and it's quieter. As cool as a 2 door looks, the spaciousness of the 4 door interior feels better when you're inside. Remember too that your poor children will be smushed in the back seat without windows to open. They'll be looking out the dark glass of the rear hard top while you lucky parents will enjoy the freedom of opening and closing your windows. The rear seats in the 2 door are directly between the rear tire wells, that's why the back seat is so small compared to the 4 Door where the wells are in the rear storage area.

Once the thrill of your new, 'cool' looking 2 door has worn off, you and the kids are ready to go somewhere and the dog is staring at you funny you'll be thinking "why the hell did I get such a small car?" (let's hear from folks who don't like calling a Bronco a car). Then, you'll go jump into the Accord or whatever other car you own that can handle the load.

Form follows function

Last edited:

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I owned two 2Dr Wranglers before owning two 4Dr Wranglers. I was single w/no kids for them all. The 4Doors made life so much better! Did you ever try to wrestle a large piece of luggage into the back of a 2door Wrangler? It's maddening. People say "I'm not sitting in the front, so I don't care how difficult it is getting in and out of the back". Well, front seat passengers have to wait until the back seaters finish their contortions & gyrations before they too can get it. The storage space in the rear is pathetic. This is why luggage goes in the back seat! :)

Then there is the ride quality. I know, you think the 2 door somehow looks cooler. Well, I personally get the most bang for my buck when I'm actually driving my vehicle rather than looking at it and the ride quality of the 4 door is simply better than a 2 door. You can't get around that, and it's quieter. As cool as a 2 door looks, the spaciousness of the 4 door interior feels better when you're inside. Remember too that your poor children will be smushed in the back seat without windows to open. They'll be looking out the dark glass of the rear hard top while you lucky parents will enjoy the freedom of opening and closing your windows. The rear seats in the 2 door are directly between the rear tire wells, that's why the back seat is so small compared to the 4 Door where the wells are in the rear storage area.

Once the thrill of your new, 'cool' looking 2 door has worn off, you and the kids are ready to go somewhere and the dog is staring at you funny you'll be thinking "why the hell did I get such a small car?" (let's hear from folks who don't like calling a Bronco a car). Then, you'll go jump into the Accord or whatever other car you own that can handle the load.

Form follows function
all good thoughts, appreciate it since you're speaking from experience.
i think some of these are purely jeep issues hopefully and the bronco wont have some of these issues. i think you'd/we'd prefer the 2DR bronco over the 2DR wrangler considering how much bigger the broncos are respectively.
I'm slightly nervous about getting the 2DR, but at the moment, no kids, 5% of the time i might have something that pushes the cargo limits of my 2DR bronco, and yes i think the 2DR is designed proportionally. the 4 door simply looks like a soccer mom suv with a lift lol but thats subjective so who cares what other people think.
also price difference between the base 2DR and a big bend 4DR (the cheapest manual trans 4 door option) is huge and not worth the 5% of the time that i'll be more convenienced by it. I think some of us are in that boat as well

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you have a reservation for both the 2-door and the 4-door, you will be locked into whatever you selected on your initial reservation. You can change trims, and features, but apparently you won't be able to change from 2-door to 4-door or vis-versa.

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you have a reservation for both the 2-door and the 4-door, you will be locked into whatever you selected on your initial reservation. You can change trims, and features, but apparently you won't be able to change from 2-door to 4-door or vis-versa.
Not true

Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hadn't seen this limitation yet

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Typical. They don’t know what they are talking about. The only change you cannot make is moving up the FE. Everything else you can.
How do you know this? Is there something from Ford that specifically says we can change from 2 to 4 or vis-versa?

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been a common question on here and several dealerships have said the same.thing too.
Sponsored