Clubs

My build is
2 door
Badlands Sasquatch
Tow
Ppf
Lux package
Mod bumper

Smaller dealer (told me he was allocated 2/month)
I was number 13 in line in December.
not sure if dropping those few would really help or not.
Ppf and tow I can add after market and would prob switchbumper anyway
Wow, you're sitting on 6 constrained options now. The PPF being the worst at 2% right now. Anyway, your saleman is full of chit. Removing options do not reset anything. With that being said the hardest part is you're wanting a 2 door. Any move we make with a Bronco order is just a crap shoot at best, but 13th in line with 2 per month allocation should be in your favor. Good luck.

If it was me I would remove the PPF from the order. I would bet you can get a better grade of film at a better price point from an installer close to you.

The only thing left (that I haven't already removed from my 4 door OBX) is the LUX package. But, it doesn't mean a hill of beans, because my dealer has a crap load of reservations with not enough allocations. So, I'm looking at a possible '24 build if nothing changes.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2500 hd and 4 runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I’m not coming off 2 door
Think I’ll call and drop the Ppf and tow.
I can add that later so don’t really care.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dropped PPF and got a VIN during the next scheduling, so the idea that changes send you to the back-of-the-line doesn't make sense. If you keep your constraints you'll continue to get passed over until they can cover your whole build.

Look for the post that shows demand versus % available for constrained items and see if you can live without your worst sins (e.g., PPF can be installed after you get the rig but the tow package would be more complicated if the need the wiring).

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My two door BL ,lux,2.3,auto, was in preview status when I went to make the order change from 2.7 to 2.3 motor. A month earlier I had dropped the tow since I only really want a receiver and not towing capability. My dealer contacted Ford to see if the motor swap would reset my place in line. Not only did it not reset, but three days later when I returned to sign the new order and price paperwork, my order had been given a VIN and a scheduled build week.
I had a very similar situation. I had a Mid package,2.3,2door,auto BL.. I didnt want to lose out so I went to dealer to add what I wanted because I wanted Squatch and Lux and 2.7... When I was in GM office he said surprisingly only 2 months in I was in schedule status and he couldnt and shouldnt make changes. I pressed that because I didnt have a VIN that he could still make changes. He tried and his computer froze up.. multiple tries. He said he would call ford to try to make changes but he couldnt promise anything. A couple days later he let me know that he could add lux and Squatch but not 2.7. I was totally fine with that. A week later I was sent a VIN and build of 4/4. What was also surprising is that with his dealership there was more than 200 orders ahead of mine.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I had a very similar situation. I had a Mid package,2.3,2door,auto BL.. I didnt want to lose out so I went to dealer to add what I wanted because I wanted Squatch and Lux and 2.7... When I was in GM office he said surprisingly only 2 months in I was in schedule status and he couldnt and shouldnt make changes. I pressed that because I didnt have a VIN that he could still make changes. He tried and his computer froze up.. multiple tries. He said he would call ford to try to make changes but he couldnt promise anything. A couple days later he let me know that he could add lux and Squatch but not 2.7. I was totally fine with that. A week later I was sent a VIN and build of 4/4. What was also surprising is that with his dealership there was more than 200 orders ahead of mine.
It’s all about allocations and buildable orders. Maybe a bit of luck thrown in as well. Seems like if your dealer has allocations or your order is more buildable than others in their allocationpool, you have a shot sooner.
Sponsored