Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, we sat down in his office and went through everything. Since I already knew what I wanted, it was pretty a pretty quick process. He asked if I wanted any of the accessories (door bags, floor mats, etc). He then did print out of the order and had me sign it. This had the MSRP price of my Bronco and the options I chose. He did note that Ford is requiring a $500 deposit to place the order, which was no big deal. There was no markup or anything. I then asked about tax, title, registration, doc fees, etc. He then calculated that up for me and gave me the final "out the door price" before any deposits paid. After that I watched him submit the order on WBDO (or whatever it's called) and saw the successfully submitted message. I haven't received any confirmation email from Ford, but my Ford account has been updated from Reserved to In Store Order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, we sat down in his office and went through everything. Since I already knew what I wanted, it was pretty a pretty quick process. He asked if I wanted any of the accessories (door bags, floor mats, etc). He then did print out of the order and had me sign it. This had the MSRP price of my Bronco and the options I chose. He did note that Ford is requiring a $500 deposit to place the order, which was no big deal. There was no markup or anything. I then asked about tax, title, registration, doc fees, etc. He then calculated that up for me and gave me the final "out the door price" before any deposits paid. After that I watched him submit the order on WBDO (or whatever it's called) and saw the successfully submitted message. I haven't received any confirmation email from Ford, but my Ford account has been updated from Reserved to In Store Order.
Thank you! That’s what I was expecting to happen...

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was pretty much my experience as well. We had discussed the "final out the door price" on the phone prior to me going into the dealer. I have 2 signed (by me) documents.

One is the Preview order for the car showing the model and all the options with a final MSRP. Has "this is not an invoice" on the bottom of the page.

The other one is an old school yellow carbon contract. He said he needed this filled out for Ford to accept the order in the system. It has my personal info at the top; name, address, phone, and email. He told me this was a way for them to "prove" to Ford that what he's putting in the system is an order for an actual customer. To me that made sense after hearing some stories here of dealers converting reservations to orders without customer consent.

It has the price at the top from the build sheet and the balance due at delivery at the bottom (same number). He never signed it though, so I'm not sure how "binding" it would ever be. He did ask for, and I gave him an additional $400 refundable deposit. He said they were trying to get a better handle on reservations and people that were "serious" about ordering.

I truly hope there's no shenanigans come delivery time, but what can you do? Do your research, try and cover your butt, communicate with your salesman, and be as informed as you can.

I received an email from Ford within minutes telling me that my order has been confirmed.

Last edited:

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get what you’re saying, but i can still walk away at time of delivery...they didn’t ask for deposit (which i wish they did) so all I’ve spent so far is $100 on reservation. The thing is, I’m in this all in...I’ve been waiting for a bronco since the first concepts back in early 2000 so i probably wouldn’t care what the end price is, but it would be really nice to know ??. It’s more of the uncertainty that’s killin me...no email confirmation, no final price, no confirmation that I’ll get first delivery, no confirmation on allocation....basically he could have just done what we did today on the phone...
if your not too worried of exact price and just want those detail i would certainly ask him, explain that many folks ARE receiving that info from their dealers and its something HE should be able to find out, then if he says no ask if he has a for rep that would be able to help you both. Sounds like he is just not as serious as you are, if he gets some pressure he can find out.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you guys! I screen shot the actual helpful comments and sent to my dealer to see why their process is not the same...hope i hear back today.

Sponsored

ozzman469

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you guys! I screen shot the actual helpful comments and sent to my dealer to see why their process is not the same...hope i hear back today.
If he does not want to provide it, ask him what their doc fees and such are and then find out what the tax rate is for your state. Should be able to calculate that and get a ball park of what to expect. I know it sucks, and he should be able to quickly provide that given the pricing is out there (my salesman calculated it up like 30 seconds). Most of those dealer fees don't change and the tax rate does not change either.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tell them you want a price in writing or you will call Ford and have them switch your order back to a reservation so you can go to another dealer who will give you their price. You can log in to Ford and see if they even placed the order yet.
If they haven't converted it yet, he could transfer the reservation right now. I'd shop around and get an idea from other dealers, then pull the trigger if the current dealer doesn't want to put the deal in writing and commit to a price.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things I forgot to add is that I have an email from him telling me there is no ADM, N2 filled tires, pin stripes, etc. they are selling the car as ordered at MSRP.

I wouldn't worry about him not putting it in right away, it took about an hour for him to get it in the system, we waited, but I can see why they wouldn't want you waiting around for a slow computer system

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, but shadow black is 4% and Florida is in 23rd place....so unless you all are coming to FL to get a 4dr BD in shadow black.....????
It'd be bought up by some lemming in about 10 minutes after you walked away. I'm convinced dealers know they have uninformed buyers on their rolodex of potential Bronco customers (who didn't want to do the reservation) that will come right in and pay whatever price they say for this vehicle.

It's why this negotiation is so difficult in certain areas. Chicago, where I live, happens to be one of those. The dealers know they will have some uninformed buyer walk in a pay way too much money for the Bronco.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When did asking for help makes you a troll? ?‍♂ If you’ve read this far then you can see my experience with my dealer is NOT the same as others, that’s why I’m asking for help. Not sure why you guys are flippin out on me when it’s the dealer that didn’t do their job? I’m sure someone will say, “switch dealers then” and lose my place in line for another dealer and have to call ford to switch etc...better off to keep following up on mine I’m assuming?
Your place in line would be relatively the same no matter which dealer you're at. If you're a day 1 reservation and don't want late availability items, then you'd be set no matter what dealer put your order in.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If he does not want to provide it, ask him what their doc fees and such are and then find out what the tax rate is for your state. Should be able to calculate that and get a ball park of what to expect. I know it sucks, and he should be able to quickly provide that given the pricing is out there (my salesman calculated it up like 30 seconds). Most of those dealer fees don't change and the tax rate does not change either.
yeah the “ballpark” he gave me yesterday $44,420 which didn’t make sense because that’s invoice and tax only. I am saving on tags because i have a plate from one of my vehicles i sold that i can transfer over (yes DMV and dealer confirmed i can do that even if it expires in May).

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was the first Bronco buyer with a reservation in the door on January 20th. I called and had an appointment set up. The salesman looked over my B&P sheet and said he would take it from there and I would receive an e-mail from Ford that day. I asked that I review the order sheet before it was sent to Ford...that way there is no surprises when the vehicle arrives. The owner entered the order, I reviewed it and I signed it. Then it was forwarded to Ford. My build sheet shows everything and the MSRP price of $56,850 for my Outer Banks in Rapid Red. (Normally I would be embarrassed to share the price, but everyone here knows the prices.) We all will be waiting for the final price from Ford when they deliver the vehicle. I found a government website here in Florida to calculate the tax and Title (another $3,400.)

My salesman runs the commercial lease program and has 3-years experience in automotive. I joked that managing the Bronco program was given to him as an additional duty and he didn't disagree. He said I was vastly more knowledgable than he was as he has not seen a Bronco, driven one, or been provided the orientation from Ford. He did add that he was checking this site and Bronco Nation occasionally. I told him to prepare himself because I was sure there were many more coming with vastly more knowledge than me.

I am sure I would have walked out just like MTAP with no price or verification that they ordered exactly what I asked for if I hadn't taken charge of the conversation with this inexperienced salesman. But, because of our conversation, I'll bet they do this for the other reservation holders.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you guys for the help, finally got some paperwork from them for me to sign...I’m thinkin $2700 in tax (6.5%), and I’m guessing the other “fees” would not exceed $5k so all is good!!! Did i miss anything else? Now do i just sit and wait?

674BBF12-48D1-475E-9EE3-3A8045E09FE1.png

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you know what the "fees" are?

What kind of fees do you expect to add up to $5000?! I would definitely want to clear that up. This is where they will hose you. There's no point in having anything in writing if there is still a possibility of added cost.
Sponsored