Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350, Ford Fusion, Jeep CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can anyone help me understand this?

Let’s say I placed my order tomorrow. I’m just outside the allocation of my dealer but if others cancel, I might end up with a 2021. Many of my options are later-availability. Let’s say I find out in May that my build will happen in November. I see the MY22 options in July and totally want to delay my build so I can get a MY22. Do we think there will be a path to this? I heard you can change your order up until a couple weeks before the actual build, but does this mean you could even move into the next model year?

I’m trying to decide what to do. Order now or wait for MY22. I’ll likely be close to that anyway.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can anyone help me understand this?

Let’s say I placed my order tomorrow. I’m just outside the allocation of my dealer but if others cancel, I might end up with a 2021. Many of my options are later-availability. Let’s say I find out in May that my build will happen in November. I see the MY22 options in July and totally want to delay my build so I can get a MY22. Do we think there will be a path to this? I heard you can change your order up until a couple weeks before the actual build, but does this mean you could even move into the next model year?

I’m trying to decide what to do. Order now or wait for MY22. I’ll likely be close to that anyway.
There might be a negative impact on your dealer and that might affect your interaction with them for your MY22. Most likely a direct question for them.

OP
OP
MnBroncoNut

MnBroncoNut

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There might be a negative impact on your dealer and that might affect your interaction with them for your MY22. Most likely a direct question for them.
My dealer didn’t believe my order could be modified beyond the March 19th date so he wasn’t much help when I quizzed him today.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer didn’t believe my order could be modified beyond the March 19th date so he wasn’t much help when I quizzed him today.
Point against them for staying with them.

OP
OP
MnBroncoNut

MnBroncoNut

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Point against them for staying with them.
I know. I’ve purchased countless Fords from them over the years and they’ve always treated us well. We know everyone there quite well. I’m a loyal person, perhaps unfortunately.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wanna say yes. Buuuuut ?‍♂

Not sure anyone will definitively know that until they try.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes you can change your up until it’s scheduled to be built. This has been mentioned multiple times. So even after March 19 you can change your order. Even in my after your initial estimate.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I believe Albert at Granger has suggested that orders could be changed but that it isn’t preferred. Remember, they are using these orders to plan production. If the orders change, it effects production and will more than likely change your delivery with the exception of color and perhaps a few other miscellaneous items.

OP
OP
MnBroncoNut

MnBroncoNut

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve read that post but it sounds like you can’t choose to push yourself back to MY22 once you’ve placed your order in February. That is decided by scheduling. I’m guessing you can’t say in August that you want to delay your November build to MY22.
Just add something that's a MY22 option. Haha

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that what happens in May is very unclear, sure they say that they’ll communicate with you your schedule and if you want to change something to move it up, but how it plays out I’m willing to bet they have no clue. What that do to all the other scheduled vehicles that just received dates but didn’t change anything.

But I suspect that you can just modify Your order to something you know will push your order into MY22 because of popularity (lux, 2.7 etc). Then I believe you get to redo your order to reflect MY22 B&P with new prices and options.

don’t quote me on this , for that matter don’t quote Ford on anything either chances are even if they have announced something, it will change by May.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve read that post but it sounds like you can’t choose to push yourself back to MY22 once you’ve placed your order in February. That is decided by scheduling. I’m guessing you can’t say in August that you want to delay your November build to MY22.
I think people are confusing what the word “scheduled” means.

Ford uses it to mean that your vehicle is “scheduled” (ready) to be built... as in they have all the parts and a VIN is assigned. This is a couple weeks before it’s actually built.

The confusion is that we’re using it to mean what is happening in April/May... when really, Ford is calling that the “delivery timing” or “delivering window” or something.

The way I understand it, you can order now... and you do indeed have alllllllll the way up to when your vehicle is “scheduled” to be built to modify, cancel, or pause your order without penalty.

This is at least the way I’ve understood it.

Estaban said in the hostage video that you’re welcome to modify your order after you place it, but they wished we kept it to minor tweaks because it would impact greater logistical stuff if you’re say, swapping engine size late in the game... but Ford is expecting full well that when initial order placers are given their deliver window with the specifics of what’s attributing to delays, people will be making changes accordingly... likewise when MY22 options are revealed, a ton of people who’s orders have been placed but not yet scheduled, will ask to be delayed until MY22.

If you pay close attention to how and when Ford uses the term “schedule”, and appreciate when forum members use it incorrectly, I think everything will be much more clear.

https://www.bronco6g.com/ordering-q...eam-half-of-customers-will-get-my2022-bronco/

Last edited: