Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sorry if this is else where but I've checked. I'm looking at OBX over BB. Mine will hopefully be a badass family car but I'd like to be able to hose down the interior after a day of offroading makes my toddler or wife throw up. I can't confirm anywhere that OBX has drain plugs. Please help.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry if this is else where but I've checked. I'm looking at OBX over BB. Mine will hopefully be a badass family car but I'd like to be able to hose down the interior after a day of offroading makes my toddler or wife throw up. I can't confirm anywhere that OBX has drain plugs. Please help.
All levels have “passive” drain plugs, meaning there are drain holes in the floor pan under the carpet for situations in which you get caught in a rain storm with the top off...

...trims with “rubberized washout flooring” have “active” drain plugs, meaning they are larger plugs with a plug that you can remove for running a hose into the foot wells with.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All levels have “passive” drain plugs, meaning there are drain holes in the floor pan under the carpet for situations in which you get caught in a rain storm with the top off...

...trims with “rubberized washout flooring” have “active” drain plugs, meaning they are larger plugs with a plug that you can remove for running a hose into the foot wells with.

With that being said, you'll still likely need to dry out the carpet if it gets wet so you wont get mold.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With that being said, you'll still likely need to dry out the carpet if it gets wet so you wont get mold.
Yes. Great point.

I think for the OP’s use case (washing out he loved one’s puke) he’s imagining the “washout rubberized floor” that is found only in certain trims.

In the OB, like the OP is looking at, it’s going to be much more like a normal car with carpet and padding on the floor. There just happens to be drain holes hidden under there so you don’t have inches of standing water in case rain catches you off guard with the top off.

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update: Thanks for the info all. This is helpful. My goal would be to pull my rugs out like i did my old jeep if it doesn't add to much to sound.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Thanks for the info all. This is helpful. My goal would be to pull my rugs out like i did my old jeep if it doesn't add to much to sound.
Cool. Yeah. If you pull the rugs out on the OB you should have a similar experience as you did with your Jeep!

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heres a pick of the drain plugs under the carpet (In the rear, but they also are in the front). As said, these are under the carpet and if the carpet is anything like Jeep, the carpet should come up super easy to take out and dry.

I’m getting leather (and the carpet) for sound deadening and a nicer look but I also know the holes are there if I need them. I still off-road and have no issues vacuuming, cleaning the carpet when needed.

Ford Bronco Does OBX have drain plugs? 5EFA7CFB-AF27-4CA4-A0B0-C5BF4B87FF3C

Last edited:

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OBX has carpet. So u less you remove that also it will not be easy.
Sponsored