Dometic CFX3 35 Powered Cooler

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am thinking of getting a Dometic cfx3 35 powered cooler. Is anyone using one of these? Are they any good?
Thanks
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dometic makes the ARB branded fridges. They've finally stepped out from behind ARB to make themselves a brand. I haven't owned one myself but know a couple of people who do and they've proven to be reliable.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I watched this last night and I'm intrigued. The battery life is amazing and looks like it was optimized for the fridge.

Thats pretty freeking awesome. Price sucks but you essentially gut dual batteries along with it. Would be sweet if that battery could be tied to a inverter and charge controller. Then you have a whole stand alone deal for everything that isnt starting your car.

Otherwise Dometic has great fridges. I have 2 a 20L and a 32L knock off brands with dometic compressors. They both work great. $200 and $300 respectively.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dometic makes the ARB branded fridges. They've finally stepped out from behind ARB to make themselves a brand. I haven't owned one myself but know a couple of people who do and they've proven to be reliable.
Dometic has been around much longer than ARB. They just started making their overland offroad inspired ones a few years ago, though. They made RV fridges since before time.

Sponsored

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched this last night and I'm intrigued. The battery life is amazing and looks like it was optimized for the fridge.

I am really close to pulling the trigger on this. My only hesitation is size. I think it is too large to have "inline" behind a single seat even in a four door. It will fit with the seats up with the wide side parallel with the seats, but will eat tons of room. Otherwise it is exactly what I am looking for. Also love that you tube channel.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few good friends run Dometic coolers. Very good as far as quality, keep in mind that 35L is fairly small. If you haven’t already, I’d try and see one in person just to make a size determination if you’re going on longer trips or need to cool things for more than one person

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They used to make ARB fridges. They've also been making fridges forever.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They used to make ARB fridges. They've also been making fridges forever.
Good to know. I hadn't seen that. Apparently the switch happened in 2019? ARB stands behind their products so I'm not worried on mine but I'm tempted to go look up reviews since the switch.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. I hadn't seen that. Apparently the switch happened in 2019? ARB stands behind their products so I'm not worried on mine but I'm tempted to go look up reviews since the switch.
Yeah, it's when they came out with the Gen 2s and Zero fridges. I wouldn't worry about the manufacturer switch.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am really close to pulling the trigger on this. My only hesitation is size. I think it is too large to have "inline" behind a single seat even in a four door. It will fit with the seats up with the wide side parallel with the seats, but will eat tons of room. Otherwise it is exactly what I am looking for. Also love that you tube channel.
I think I will wait until I have some idea of when my Bronco shows up before getting a fridge. Since that could be a while I'm hoping that maybe Helux comes out with some updates (maybe a fridge/freezer, more output options, etc.)

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats pretty freeking awesome. Price sucks but you essentially gut dual batteries along with it. Would be sweet if that battery could be tied to a inverter and charge controller. Then you have a whole stand alone deal for everything that isnt starting your car.

Otherwise Dometic has great fridges. I have 2 a 20L and a 32L knock off brands with dometic compressors. They both work great. $200 and $300 respectively.
You can get single or double batteries.

Dometic makes you get an $750 40aH battery which makes the Helux intriguing.

OP
OP

joez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since these have compressors, does anyone know if they will work if they are on there sides?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since these have compressors, does anyone know if they will work if they are on there sides?
If you want the door to open on the side get a side opening fridge.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They have a fair degree of tiltability but not on thier sides. Knock off brands may not have tilt ability, my first one I bought wouldnt work past 5 degrees my second one says 30. But I dont think any reccomend side usage. However if you really want dometic I beileve has ones already on their sides for RVs. Just dont stand em up lol.

You can get single or double batteries.

Dometic makes you get an $750 40aH battery which makes the Helux intriguing.
The powered ones sound awesome. When I said dual batteries I was meaning your starting battery and your fridge battery. If the fridge can charge off a solar setup on the roof, and had a built in inverter output. You could have a good camp power/fridge setup independent of your vehicle so you dont have to mess with your factory wiring.

Also the fridge coming with dual batteries would be double the fun!
Sponsored