Sponsored

DONE! I have re-drilled rear shock mount 2” higher, =more clearance and 2” lift.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@BigMeatsBronco and @Parcsalooc Nice, can you share which exact lift components are you each running up front?
I'm at about 1.75-2" lift above Sasquatch...
I used the common 3/4 aluminum spacer above the coilovers, also a 3/8 spacer on lower shock mount (I'm removing these soon)
took shocks apart and trimmed ALOT off bump stops and reinstalled. dropped front diff 1.5" to keep the CVs the same angle as OEM. I have 12"+ front travel using OEM coilovers.
Sponsored

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BigMeatsBronco I'm very interested in your Rear Shock Mount adjustment and Front Diff Drop to either find a shop in AZ that would be willing to do both for me. As much as I would love to do this myself I think I just like the piece of mind of someone that has a little more technician experience then myself. I can def do alot of basic and easier stuff but something like this might feel more comfortable with someone of expertise in modifications.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm at about 1.75-2" lift above Sasquatch...
I used the common 3/4 aluminum spacer above the coilovers, also a 3/8 spacer on lower shock mount (I'm removing these soon)
took shocks apart and trimmed ALOT off bump stops and reinstalled. dropped front diff 1.5" to keep the CVs the same angle as OEM. I have 12"+ front travel using OEM coilovers.
Very nice @BigMeatsBronco
How did you drop the front diff? Did you just purchase or fabricate spacers? If so what size? Thanks!

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BUMP
Doing this tomorrow. It’s surprising how little info is out there. Anyways, this is going to be matched up front with my Broncbuster 1 1/2 perch collar lift and swaybar removed. Still have rear sway bar.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BUMP
Doing this tomorrow. It’s surprising how little info is out there. …
Nice 👍 How’d it go? Do you have pics or additional suggestions. I’ll be doing this very soon.

Sponsored

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like this mod and have been thinking of ordering a set of the Barnes 4wd rear shock mounts and sectioning them higher. I like the thicker steel and brace. Either that or make my own mount.

https://barnes4wd.com/products/bronco-rear-axle-strut-mount

Great job on the mod and it looks like a great way to gain some lift and ground clearance with minimal compromise.

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reviving an old thread... I completed this on my badlands last night and have a lot of nay-sayers lol. ooh you are ruining the warranty... totally unsafe.. blah blah blah.

I had the idea a few months back, but never acted upon it.. searched the internet and found your thread and solidified my choice. Thanks for pioneering so many cool ideas! Im letting it settle for a few days, then chopping off the excess for the additional ground clearance.

Before with a 2" front level (perception of being squatted, yet rear is 1/4 to 1/2" taller than front):
Ford Bronco DONE! I have re-drilled rear shock mount 2” higher, =more clearance  and 2” lift. 1709742962767

After (only went for about 1 3/4" increase in height):
Ford Bronco DONE! I have re-drilled rear shock mount 2” higher, =more clearance  and 2” lift. 1709743058719
Ford Bronco DONE! I have re-drilled rear shock mount 2” higher, =more clearance  and 2” lift. 1709743046375

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Reviving an old thread... I completed this on my badlands last night and have a lot of nay-sayers lol. ooh you are ruining the warranty... totally unsafe.. blah blah blah.

I had the idea a few months back, but never acted upon it.. searched the internet and found your thread and solidified my choice. Thanks for pioneering so many cool ideas! Im letting it settle for a few days, then chopping off the excess for the additional ground clearance.

Before with a 2" front level (perception of being squatted, yet rear is 1/4 to 1/2" taller than front):
Ford Bronco DONE! I have re-drilled rear shock mount 2” higher, =more clearance  and 2” lift. 1709743046375

After (only went for about 1 3/4" increase in height):
glad it worked out for you.
Sponsored