Sponsored

DONE! I have re-drilled rear shock mount 2” higher, =more clearance and 2” lift.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, my sawzall is still out from my recent JKS install. Looks like I'll be drilling some holes and cutting some ears off my rear shock mounts. I'm looking forward to Moab just so I can get a break from all these modifications.... At least this one is FREE 😂
Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

alot of folks don't really understand what this mod does....and are afraid to drill, weld or change ANYTHING. they just buy and bolt on parts instead.
Hacking up a vehicle that’s 30+ years old is different than something that’s brand new and has a warranty. Bolt on parts can be unbolted.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I literally just did this exact thing. lol

20230403_110637.jpg

Screenshot_20230403_164123_Photos.jpg
Looks nice. Is that a custom skid? What did you do in the front to match this.

In these photos it looks like the shock bolt would interfere with the lower control arm. Obviously that is not the case, but what does the front side of this look like.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I literally just did this exact thing. lol

20230403_110637.jpg

Screenshot_20230403_164123_Photos.jpg
Hey Jamie,
Your modification looks really clean. Did you do it yourself or have a machine shop do it for you. If possible would you mind taking a couple of shots from the front of the rear shock mounts looking to the back of the vehicle? Thank and great job!

Sponsored

Destination Bigfoot Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Limited, 2022 Bronco OBX Cyber Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Jamie,
Your modification looks really clean. Did you do it yourself or have a machine shop do it for you. If possible would you mind taking a couple of shots from the front of the rear shock mounts looking to the back of the vehicle? Thank and great job!
Sure thing, I'll take some photos tomorrow. Thanks

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Jamie,
@Parcsalooc Agreed, looks factory and reinforced with skid! Did you weld on new brackets completely? Very interested in exactly what you did. Awesome.

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Parcsalooc Agreed, looks factory and reinforced with skid! Did you weld on new brackets completely? Very interested in exactly what you did. Awesome.
No welding, just drilled the new holes above the existing, reinstalled the rear coilovers and then cut off what was left below it. Shock skids go right back on. Just test fit skids to make sure they fit with your setup.

Sponsored

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hacking up a vehicle that’s 30+ years old is different than something that’s brand new and has a warranty. Bolt on parts can be unbolted.
Get what you are saying; but, not sure anyone would notice how a Bronco is lifted--except another Bronco owner wanting a lift.

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Parcsalooc and @BigMeatsBronco Have you tried fully stuffing the tire to ensure the shock bolt doesn't interfere with the lower control arm? Moreso on Jamie's setup as with the shock skid mounted, and depending on how it's mounted since some use the shock bolt and others just the 2 smaller bolts, it could push the shock bolt head further out.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Parcsalooc and @BigMeatsBronco Have you tried fully stuffing the tire to ensure the shock bolt doesn't interfere with the lower control arm? Moreso on Jamie's setup as with the shock skid mounted, and depending on how it's mounted since some use the shock bolt and others just the 2 smaller bolts, it could push the shock bolt head further out.
Zero interference on mine. Yes, I take mine off road regularly on severe trails that work the suspension and driver skills to maximum. the extra clearance is fantastic.

Outer Banks
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No interference. At all at stuff. Both mounts are welded to the rear and articulate in unison. Off-road all the time.