First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Took the doors off for the first time and having a doozy of a time trying to get them to realign properly. The doors go on but making a popping sound when opening and closing the doors. I've tried several times to get them to line up properly but to no avail.

Has anyone had trouble with this or have any suggestions on how to get the pins to properly align with the door?

Tried searching the forums for any posts on this but only ran across one that stated hearing the popping sound meant your doors were not reattached properly.

Thanks for any tips you may have.
Sponsored

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you use the alignment pin that is included in the tool kit?

Do you see the top hinge pins seated all the way into the door?

Do you have a video or photo of where they're not aligned?

Any additional info would be helpful

OP
OP

pdenson

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I used the alignment pin on the bottom hinge. It looks like everything is perfectly seated. There is no gap between the doors top hinge pin and the pillar it goes into.

Everything looks perfectly aligned, the bolts fit on just fine but when you go to close the door there are three different positions on the door closing where it pops. I'm assuming because the square pillar and square door guide are not aligned.

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this happening on all doors or just one? The popping sound usually means that the bolt isn't tightened all the way

Can you show a photo of the hinges or a video of the noise?

Sponsored

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are hearing the popping that means the doors and alligned. The popping just means the bolts are not tight enough. Tighten them more and they will be fine

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just did my doors for the first time, and that popping sound as mentioned above is because the bolts are not tightened all the way.

OP
OP

pdenson

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You guys were absolutely right. Feel like a dumb a%% now.

Watched a video earlier by a dealership that said the popping indicated the door wasn't set properly and to realign. Been driving myself crazy trying to fix it. Never bothered going further than hand tightening.

Thanks.

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's definatly a good idea to check/tighten the bolts every now and then. You can feel when they are are starting to come loose when the doors start to feel more clunky at the stops. This happens right before they start clicking. Last year I heard a thump while driving on the passenger side. I didn't think anything of it as I thought it was just a rock hitting the side step. When I got home and opened the door, the upper bolt fell to the floor so it definatly came loose while driving.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched a video earlier by a dealership that said the popping indicated the door wasn't set properly and to realign. Been driving myself crazy trying to fix it. Never bothered going further than hand tightening.

Thanks.
Dont worry, did the same thing Tuesday. And i even knew this little fact at one point. My arms are sore from all the times i took off and put back the doors back on trying to stop the popping in 95 degree heat. Finally gave up, and google it. Then felt like a dumbass.

mlsjr14

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks.
I did the exact same thing! Felt like an idiot. You are not alone… 😂

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t have known unless I watched a video. Glad it was just the bolts. I think it’s a pretty clever safety design. Happy the engineers added this function. BTW, if you have a torque wrench, they should be tightened to 22 Foot LBs. If not, good resistance with out cranking on it (if that makes sense).

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad I found this thread, mine did the same thing about a week after taking the doors off and I figured out tightening it worked but then it happened again yesterday. I was afraid of tightening too much but I guess it needs more force. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored