Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bags for the garage? I hang my jeep doors on the garage wall when I remove them and they hold my trails doors when not in use.
Bronco doors are frameless...would be hard to hang them without the bag. Plus, I am worried they could get scratched or damaged without the protective bag.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco doors are frameless...would be hard to hang them without the bag. Plus, I am worried they could get scratched or damaged without the protective bag.
I dont hang them by the frames as that creates stress fractures at the frame welds. Mine hang on the wall just like they do on the jeep, by the doorpins. And they also have a door catch on the wall that secures them to the wall preventing them from swinging open, just like the jeep does.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dont hang them by the frames as that creates stress fractures at the frame welds. Mine hang on the wall just like they do on the jeep, by the doorpins. And they also have a door catch on the wall that secures them to the wall preventing them from swinging open, just like the jeep does.
I intend to do something like this but I'm buying the bags for AirBNB garages and the like.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would be fine with getting the on board ones for more money, but now I have no idea what he actually ordered for me and he said no changes to the order can be made after today (April 8th), so guess I am stuck with whatever bags he ordered for me.
Unless something has changed, your dealer is misinformed. April 8 was the deadline for the FE mod top debacle and adding free headliner for MGV trims. Your order should be able to be changed until a VIN is assigned.

Bronco Cash

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apparently got the same bags when I changed my order yesterday. My dealer couldnā€™t find the $350 bags and ended up finding these for $190. I got them but didnā€™t realize until seeing the picture above (and the ā€˜garageā€™ mentionā€™) that these are not the ones for on-board storage. I guess for the lower price Iā€™m good with it. But damn, I was hoping they had just lowered the price! Ya right

Sponsored
OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless something has changed, your dealer is misinformed. April 8 was the deadline for the FE mod top debacle and adding free headliner for MGV trims. Your order should be able to be changed until a VIN is assigned.
Right. I know way more about the Bronco than my dealer. I am also under the same impression as you. He says he got a memo that April 8th was final date for all changes, but my understanding is that was specific for making a choice on hard top for those that donā€™t want to wait until Model year 2022. I think a lot of misinformed dealers have been telling this to customers.

At this point only other possible change I might make would be color of car. Been on A51 the whole time, but Velocity Blue and Cactus Gray arenā€™t far behind at all. I love the A51 when it looks darker, love the CG when it has green hues and brightness of the velocity blue is fun and looks sharp with gray or black top.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I apparently got the same bags when I changed my order yesterday. My dealer couldnā€™t find the $350 bags and ended up finding these for $190. I got them but didnā€™t realize until seeing the picture above (and the ā€˜garageā€™ mentionā€™) that these are not the ones for on-board storage. I guess for the lower price Iā€™m good with it. But damn, I was hoping they had just lowered the price! Ya right
Which model did you order? Also Black Diamond? Let me know if you get any other info on which bags these actually are. I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t use any of the bags for on board storage. It canā€™t be that complicated to figure out how to secure them in the back of the Bronco.

The only negative I can think of what these bags is you might not be able put them on the door before removing doors from the body like in the demos of the onboard ones shown in the videos.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is cool. I think I saw an image of what you are talking about on another thread. Good idea not to hang by the frame.
I have seen other images of people hanging them by the frame on a garage wall. That seems risky.

Bronco Cash

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which model did you order? Also Black Diamond? Let me know if you get any other info on which bags these actually are. I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t use any of the bags for on board storage. It canā€™t be that complicated to figure out how to secure them in the back of the Bronco.

The only negative I can think of what these bags is you might not be able put them on the door before removing doors from the body like in the demos of the onboard ones shown in the videos.
Badlands model - I switched from WT to BL 2.3 MT. I agree about just figuring out how to secure them in the back - the key is that they do fit which is great. I will look into whether we can put them on before removing the doors, like the video ones, because that does seem like it would streamline things and better protect the paint. I'll reply again if I find out any other info...

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I opted for the additional bags to cover top and 4 doors on BL

Ford Bronco Door Bags for Garage Storage 1617976062681

Sponsored
OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I opted for the additional bags to cover top and 4 doors on BL

Ford Bronco Door Bags for Garage Storage 1617976062681
Yes, they made it an option for the Badlands but NOT the Black Diamond even though it says "available on all trims."

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, they made it an option for the Badlands but NOT the Black Diamond even though it says "available on all trims."
thats just a BP screwup like everything else. Dealers can code it correctly.

OP
OP
Delli555

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, my dealer is screwed up too. He thinks no more changes can be made after yesterday.

I also asked him for allocation numbers and where I am in "line" and he responded this morning by saying he thinks Ford is finalizing all the orders now so they can give out allocation numbers. So he is claiming Ford hasn't given the dealership that info yet, but I have seen people posting on here for awhile knowing exactly where their res # falls in line and how many the dealership has been allocated. He says he will send me the info as soon as he gets it from Ford.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The dealer guide reflects the same as the B&P. It's baffling but appears to be intentional.
Sponsored