Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone try what biglebowski suggested with the bumper adjustments?
That did not work for me. I’m pretty sure my hood is warped from the factory from either the bonding process or something else. Waiting on word from the dealership on what they want to do to fix it. The first body shop they took it to didn’t want to work on it.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Noticed the same issue, I have no problems with door alignment though.

Discovered that (because the door is so light) when shut with too much force it makes contact at that corner.

After a quick paint touch-up, I put these clear 1/4" silicone bumpers at the corner of the door.

No issues since, and I don't even notice them.

Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap 20220403_152212

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a call from the dealership yesterday. Door issue should be fixed now but they can't get the hood aligned properly and are reaching out to Ford to get a new hood approved.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Noticed the same issue, I have no problems with door alignment though.

Discovered that (because the door is so light) when shut with too much force it makes contact at that corner.

After a quick paint touch-up, I put these clear 1/4" silicone bumpers at the corner of the door.

No issues since, and I don't even notice them.

It looks like you are still missing paint on the bottom edge of the door?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updating the thread, mostly for my personal timeline of events. I messaged my dealer last Thursday to ask if there are any updates. He told me that the hood is still under warranty review. I then asked if it's normal for warranty items to take so long to be approved by Ford and he responded that he has seen items take this long to be approved.

I dropped my vehicle off at the dealership 4 weeks ago, on April 18th. The vehicle was then transferred to another dealership with a body shop on April 19th. The issue with the doors hitting the body was taken care of quickly. If I remember correctly, they attempted to align the hood for a period before they determined that it was warped from the factory due to the adhesive between the two panels of the hood (upper and lower).

I honestly don't understand why it should take so long for Ford to approve a replacement. It seems like such an obvious factory defect.

Hopefully a better update soon...

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talked to my dealer today. Apparently the hood is in and all work should be completed sometime next week. Looking forward to getting my Bronco back after about a month away.

OP
OP
Wolfeman

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just picked it up from the dealership. They installed a new hood and fixed the door/body issue. Very happy with the fit of the new hood.

Ford Bronco Door hitting body and hood/grille gap 0695D83E-DD55-470C-97F1-1D00EE35DD95
Sponsored